Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    Did you play melee on mythic Archimonde pre nerfs? Or did you have any special jobs like collecting fire?

- - - Updated - - -

Bandage range, interact & inspect range were used in TBC.

I can tell you I have done heroic Archimonde in all roles *but tanking* with no add-ons before any nerfs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RReds View Post
    TomTom?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Addons outside raids, dungeons and competitive play (arena) will still be able to read player position. So TomTom will still work

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    I can tell you I have done heroic Archimonde in all roles *but tanking* with no add-ons before any nerfs
    Thats indeed a great feat, but not relevant to my question.

Congratulation, now try Mythic Archimonde without addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good move, because it will make mechanics like Kormrok soaking and Archy beams as difficult as they are intended to be again. Addons like ERT utterly removed those skillchecks, and that's not what raid helper addons are supposed to do - they should inform and help keep tabs, not direct movement and basically make decisions for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to belittle your achievements, but Mythic mechanics are literally a different world on Archimonde.

anything in heroic and start of mythic doesnt match the mechanics of later part. especially if the raidlead is calling the few mechanics that these bosses have.
    Try again when you've done manno, archi or soulduty on gorefiend in mythic even zakuun without automarking by someones bossmods

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good. They should remove addons from WoW completely. I hope that's the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Yet even with weakaura's, dbm or bigwigs- people still fuck it up on a semi-consistent basis.
    Are you legitimately using this as an argument for addons trivializing mechanics to stay? Because some people are too busy mouthbreathing to even follow when an addon is leading them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The less addons that tell people what to do the better.

It's going to improve gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Are you legitimately using this as an argument for addons trivializing mechanics to stay? Because some people are too busy mouthbreathing to even follow when an addon is leading them?
    No. I honestly don't care one way or another if they stay or go; Good players will adapt, bad players will bitch on the forums.

If you can't learn a fight by the motions, you don't belong in Mythic anyway.

Honestly, it probably just means that Blizzard will start incorporating their own way to gauge range in the encounters.

During ICC there was a very popular add-on that essentially showed the area of effect of boss abilities. It made it very easy to deal with lots of mechanics, especially on fights like Putricide. Blizzard banned it, but since then every new AoE boss ability has a very distinctive visual cue to help. You no longer have to guess how much 20 yards is, or what a 60 degree cone looks like. You get an outline, smoke clouds that cover the entire area about to be hit, stuff like that. They made it easier to see and made it available to everyone by default.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if something similar happens with range. It's pretty rare for them to completely remove popular features without incorporating some variation of it in the game later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In essence those addons completely changed the effectiveness of the mechanic. At some point an addon gets too powerful.

Not all guilds are supposed to clear Mythic content.
    Neither of those mechanics are challenging, just time consuming. Consuming time for the sake of just consuming time is not fun. Breaking add-ons like this for bosses up to this point is literally doing nothing more than wasting people's time. I hope they have something in store coming up that is actually engaging, challenging, and fun ... and not just another stupid similar mechanic that just causes everyone to waste time in their lives setting up positions without an add-on just for that purpose of sucking up time.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Neither of those mechanics are challenging, just time consuming. Consuming time for the sake of just consuming time is not fun. Breaking add-ons like this for bosses up to this point is literally doing nothing more than wasting people's time. I hope they have something in store coming up that is actually engaging, challenging, and fun ... and not just another stupid similar mechanic that just causes everyone to waste time in their lives setting up positions without an add-on just for that purpose of sucking up time.
    wasting time? In a video game? What are you talking about, every boss we kill leads us closer to curing cancer.