Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    vengeance demon hunter. i used the aoe fire right before he pinned me but it didnt damage the arrow
    It should have, that's how I did it this week. You do have to pop it about 6sec before your pinned tho. There is also the aoe u can drop on the ground that will go off after like 2sec.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Every raid is soloable up to Mists of Pandaria. And some of those are, just really hard to do solo. The wind boss in Klaxxi for example requires hella burst, or the emperors in the Mogu raid hit really hard. Dark Animus is near impossible to solo in Throne of Thunder as well. They are all technically doable but you're going to have to work at a handful of bosses from MoP upwards. I'd just wait until you're level 110 and then they'll be easier.
    ...Yeah, I found that out fast in Heart of Fear last night: I was stopped by the first Boss X.X
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    There's nothing to stop the Amals from getting blown off Spine long enough to cast Nuclear Blast and that's what's keeping me from clearing Spine. Getting enough adds to get to nine stacks isn't the problem. It's keeping them around long enough to blow plates off. I already figured out standing directly in the middle lane prevents you from getting blown off but there's nothing to stop the Amals from getting blown off. Fortunately the Bloods stay on no matter what XD
    With bigwigs I get a warning that he's about to roll to one side. That's what prompts me to just go back and fourth as a caster.

Here's how I handle the fight.

I kill all but 1 tentacle and drag the amal's to one end and blow up the bloods from range (on my priest), then once I see a lot of blood on the ground i'll go stand in a pool and let him roll. Once he tosses the amal's, I kill the other tentacle spawning a new amal, pick up all the blood, drag him to the plate and blow him up and burst down the plate. I just do that 2 more times and it's cake.

You can also do it with only breaking 2 tentacles on the first plate and 1 for each of the other ones if that's easier. I just preferred to end the fight faster as I hated it during progression and farm and honestly that feeling never went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It should have, that's how I did it this week. You do have to pop it about 6sec before your pinned tho. There is also the aoe u can drop on the ground that will go off after like 2sec.
    If you are a pet class as well you can have your pet out (works for shadow priests), and just have it attack it while you're pinned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I've done animus as a horribly geared warrior by popping the parry ability + bladestorm and just destroying the golems instantly.
    It doesn't work like that. Small golems have -90% aoe damage taken buff. Unless Bladestorm counts as single target damage (like Avenger's shield for paladins, despite ability hitting 3 targets), you will never kill those small golems before your Die by the Sword expires.
    Also, if you are horribly geared, you wouldn't be able to kill boss before he goes full power. Believe me, I've wiped on that fight as 744 geared paladin before.

On topic: I'm farming pandaria raids weekly for transmog as prot paladin on 10N mode, the only bosses I can't kill are Ambershaper due to fight mechanics and Shekzeer because I can't get to her. I haven't tried doing Siege of Orgrimmar because I hate that place, farmed it for waaay too long. I'm sure I would be able to clear up to Galakras easily.
    Last edited by Lethora; 2016-08-22 at 03:33 PM.

Spine is easy, amalgations getting blown off isn't a problem. Just kill one tentacle, stand there and wait until you have 9 slimes, then kill another tentacle to spawn an amalgation, run from side to side quickly while aoe'ing down the slimes, drag the amalgation through it, kill it next to the plates. It's an annoying boss every time, but not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Spine is easy, amalgations getting blown off isn't a problem. Just kill one tentacle, stand there and wait until you have 9 slimes, then kill another tentacle to spawn an amalgation, run from side to side quickly while aoe'ing down the slimes, drag the amalgation through it, kill it next to the plates. It's an annoying boss every time, but not hard.
    Once you figure out the encouter, it is easy. 7.0. had a small impact however. For example, on my feral druid, I was constantly using rejuvenate. The encounter was easy peasy. With 7.0, feral lost rejuvenate. I then decided to use the bear form and the extra abilities from the talent tree so I could mitigate damage there. I only switch to cat when I need to kill the burning tendons.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Once you figure out the encouter, it is easy. 7.0. had a small impact however. For example, on my feral druid, I was constantly using rejuvenate. The encounter was easy peasy. With 7.0, feral lost rejuvenate. I then decided to use the bear form and the extra abilities from the talent tree so I could mitigate damage there. I only switch to cat when I need to kill the burning tendons.
    Out of curiosity why not spec into Restoration Affinity? You'll get back your rejuv and the auto self heal.

I'm mostly concerned about the rolls from Spine of Deathwing. That's what stopped me before with my Pally and Warlock. I also ran into some trouble in P2 vs. Yogg. Can't remember offhand if I had all the guardians but I'm sure I missed one. The randomness of that Mechagnome fight is annoying but I got past it before with a few attempts.

...I'm proficient tanking as a Pally and DK and am not worried about mitigation or survivability either way. So it sounds like MoP up to ToT/SoO should be soloable with the chars I listed and possibly a Shaman, Druid, Hunter, Monk and Mage. The only class I'm not comfortable with at all is a Rogue (LOL).

Great tips for me to be mindful of though, thanks.
    Just go from side to side. Really thats all you have to do. Its easy to do as a paladin, especially prot.

1.Kill all of the tentacles, make DW roll either direction so you get rid of all the amalgs.

2.After he rolls, kill the tentacle that will spawn in to get the amalg, then just go from side to side to stop him from rolling. As your doing this, just kill any of the bloods that come out and run over them with the amalg.

3.Kill the amalg near DWs head once its at 9 stacks so it explodes, then kill the burning tendon while going from right to left.

Literally rinse and repeat that. Doing it as a prot pally is just so much easier because you can survive literally anything. Everything from classic to cata is soloable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Out of curiosity why not spec into Restoration Affinity? You'll get back your rejuv and the auto self heal.
    I don't like the idea to switch from Night Elf to cat form for a heal. I prefer to stay as bear all the time - except for the burning tendon kill. And I get a small self heal as a bear if I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I don't like the idea to switch from Night Elf to cat form for a heal. I prefer to stay as bear all the time - except for the burning tendon kill. And I get a small self heal as a bear if I want.
    That's not what she meant. I believe it is the 45 Talent Row that allows Druids to gain some skills from one of their other four inactive specs. As Guardian I pick Resto, as Feral I pick Guardian, as Resto I pick Moonkin and as Moonkin I pick Resto.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what she meant. I believe it is the 45 Talent Row that allows Druids to gain some skills from one of their other four inactive specs. As Guardian I pick Resto, as Feral I pick Guardian, as Resto I pick Moonkin and as Moonkin I pick Resto.
    So I got the question correctly. I picked the guardian talent because if you get the resto one, you have to exit the cat form to self heal. And I don't like to do that during Spine.