10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    because fervor of battle is a talent. Honestly overpower is probably bad simply because its on the same tier as dauntless, not because trauma is a thing.
    No Overpower sucks because it adds another gcd to fill on top of other gcds where there's times you have to let it sit for other abilities. It would be a lot better if they just baked Overpower into Slam where Slam would randomly have the Overpower effect. But nope, instead its a completely separate ability that cockblocks the rotation even more just like Rend.

Tactician resets just feel grimy when they reset way too much where you have to make sure you keep CS/MS off cd but somehow maintain Trauma with Slam. It's just too many abilities fighting for gcds and adding Overpower just makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    No Overpower sucks because it adds another gcd to fill on top of other gcds where there's times you have to let it sit for other abilities. It would be a lot better if they just baked Overpower into Slam where Slam would randomly have the Overpower effect. But nope, instead its a completely separate ability that cockblocks the rotation even more just like Rend.
    its not like you're gcd capped without dauntless. well maybe you are. I don't have t18 or class trinket.

Tactician resets just feel grimy when they reset way too much where you have to make sure you keep CS/MS off cd but somehow maintain Trauma with Slam. It's just too many abilities fighting for gcds and adding Overpower just makes it worse.
    Except you don't let OP sit, it's like our highest priority after CS, even over MS. And I think you're over concerned with trauma, it's a passive thing that I haven't read a single time to monitor or try and keep 100% uptime on. And you still hit slam a lot. But you just seem to hate everything about warriors lol, I really hope it's not your main class or I'm afraid you'll just be miserable friend.

Trauma adds 20% damage to each Slam/WW you use. If your Slam hits for 100, then Trauma will deal 20damage over its duration. If you then deal another 100 damage with Slam, another 20 will be bled over traumas duration, added to the previous DoT. The way this works is that each Slam/WW that's used gives the target a 6second bleed, each Slam/WW that follows will also add a 6second bleed. Instead of every single action creating a new bleed they instead made it so that each application adds its damage to the existing Trauma.

Easiest way to look at Trauma is to simply see it as a 20% damage buff to Slam and Whirlwind. Sure the damage is a bleed, but it's a pure damage buff all the same.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Trauma doesn't need maintaining, it just happens after a Slam and doesn't affect anything else. Trauma just... happens. If it buffed your other damage then you would, but it doesn't. It's just some extra damage tacked onto Slam/WW.
    Last edited by Qoma; 2016-08-21 at 05:21 AM.

How good is arms aoe burst with ravager compared to other specs? (fire mages, hunters and fury mostly)

also how much %damage are white swings for arms?
    Last edited by ericcrazy; 2016-08-21 at 07:59 AM.

Deleted
    Over the past few days many posts of simcraft profiles have appeared. I usually don't give them much thought, but since the latest one was posted by someone from Serenity and in all profiles Fury was considerably better than Arms, I would like to know how these compare to your own simcraft results, since the majority of this forum says that Arms is marginally better than Fury.

Yea... no. Don't put any trust into the Sim-C things until you know for sure that the person who posts them know what they're doing. For instance there's a small matter of Arms being last, rather than first which makes me think that this sim is not fully optimal.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Yea... no. Don't put any trust into the Sim-C things until you know for sure that the person who posts them know what they're doing. For instance there's a small matter of Arms being last, rather than first which makes me think that this sim is not fully optimal.
    Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks for the reply. Is there any place with an up to date priority list or do you mind sharing yours, so that I can tinker around with it?

Do you have any good sims/logs that show a more accurate breakdown? I'm interested in seeing the damage spread for Arms in a boss fight, but it's difficult to find one on Warcraft Logs. There aren't many Arms Warriors raiding (or logging their raids maybe), the majority of pulls are 70% wipes which is very bad because Arms has a good Execute phase (plus our level 100 talent does more damage as the fight goes on), and many of the logs are pre-Assassination/pre-Destro nerfs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    Do you have any good sims/logs that show a more accurate breakdown? I'm interested in seeing the damage spread for Arms in a boss fight, but it's difficult to find one on Warcraft Logs. There aren't many Arms Warriors raiding (or logging their raids maybe), the majority of pulls are 70% wipes which is very bad because Arms has a good Execute phase (plus our level 100 talent does more damage as the fight goes on), and many of the logs are pre-Assassination/pre-Destro nerfs.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1 7 minute dummy test, not sure how helpful this is as it doesn't show execute, although I've found execute to be only about ~10% of my damage on full boss fights with standard length execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsangel View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1 7 minute dummy test, not sure how helpful this is as it doesn't show execute, although I've found execute to be only about ~10% of my damage on full boss fights with standard length execute.
    How close to these numbers does an OP/IFTK build get?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzeSG View Post
    How close to these numbers does an OP/IFTK build get?
    If you read even a couple pages back before asking, you'd see that IFtK + Trauma is ahead of the FR build right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    If you read even a couple pages back before asking, you'd see that IFtK + Trauma is ahead of the FR build right now.
    I know this seems to be the general consensus but I've not been able to better what I can get with a FR build throughout testing.

So do you think arms is near the top compared to other classes or just with respect to Fury?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduryondon View Post
    Over the past few days many posts of simcraft profiles have appeared. I usually don't give them much thought, but since the latest one was posted by someone from Serenity and in all profiles Fury was considerably better than Arms, I would like to know how these compare to your own simcraft results, since the majority of this forum says that Arms is marginally better than Fury.
    Just cause they're in a big name guild, don't assume they know any more about what they're talking about than your average schmuck.

These comparisons are good tools, but only when you ensure that all of the profiles are all maintained anywhere near equally.

OpS is slightly overtuned right now, so not choosing it is always a dps decrease.

On average, over a 450s fight, with a full artifact, you'll get at least 1 full 45second wait between CS uses. Hopefully you have Warbreaker to cover a portion of that time, but it's not nearly enough to make it a fun experience.
    That's frustrating to hear. I only have prepatch experience, so I guess I'm spoiled by T18 trinket.

I would love to see some info about Titanic might and CS uptime. Why would you take trauma if your CS uptime is low? Even Deadly Calm makes more of an argument. CS is our bread and butter as arms. Titanic Might isn't 20% reduction of your total mastery, its a flat -20%. If we go deeper into the XPAC, won't its value increase drastically? How about the fact that mastery related Procs ARE NOT EFFECTED by Titanic Might. Right now, if I have 100%, Titanic Might reduces it to 80%. If I proc to 115% mastery, with Titanic Might, my CS is doing 104% damage increase. Have you done any research on this Sarri?

Titanic Might is bad. I haven't looked at extreme cases, but both DC and Trauma are two really strong talents, so for TM to be even remotely viable it needs to be a lot stronger than it currently is.
    My Stream

In case anybody is interested, the latest Simulationcraft version (unsurprisingly) had some glaring Arms bugs. MS cooldown was not being properly reduced by haste and tactician resets from MS were not properly resetting MS. Collisionc has since fixed them, leading to a significant increase in Arms' simulated DPS.

Going by quick testing, the strongest build for both pre-raid and mythic gear now seems to be Overpower/Avatar/FocusedRage/DeadlyCalm/AngerManagement by a significant margin.

With that build, Arms sims higher than Fury for single target DPS in pre-raid gear (284k vs 242k after swapping crit and mastery for arms' default profile) and mythic gear (443k vs. 355k with arms not having quite optimal stats still, fury using the execute ring and arms using the mortal strike gloves).

Compared to other classes, that'd currently put Arms just below Outlaw/Assa, equal to Fire and above all other specs currently implemented for pre-raid gear. Using mythic gear and legendaries, Arms now sims second highest after outlaw rogues and ahead of everything else for single target.

It's worth mentioning that the spec used here is terrible for AoE but can be really good for 2 target cleave if Overpower is replaced with Sweeping Strikes (378k DPS against 2 targets in pre-raid gear).

Edit: Stat values seem a bit wonky. Going through different combinations, Mastery > Vers > Crit is always the case. Haste seems to be very valuable until you reach certain breakpoints.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-08-21 at 09:12 PM.

@Warriorsarri any idea when you'll have the new arms trinket list up? Or how accurate is the last one you posted??