Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    In other words, you wanted to list a bunch of things you think are problems but not back any of them up?
    Yeah, I think they're only his opinions and simply hates on things just to be in the "cool" gang.

Here's my list of things wrong with Legion (my opinion, of course!):

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Here's my list for current problems in the game. Please feel free to recommend additions below for discussion. I'll return to this list from time to time to track if and when anything is actually fixed. The phrase "choice removed" is indicative of something that has the effect of removing choice from how a player may choose to the play the game, set up their UI, or even form groups.

Removal of advanced UI features (choice removed)
    Nameplates buggy (choice removed)
    Camera distance (choice removed, see raid bosses from near their feet)
    Action camera (choice removed, makes people sick)
    Class pruning (choice removed, classes and specs gutted)
    Class balance (pretty much the usual joke)
    Phasing (everywhere including capital cities)
    CRZ (choice removed regarding realms, literally dozens of realms smashed together, rare mobs even more difficult to find)
    CRZ (choice removed, no longer allows realm hopping)
    Old models removed for some races (choice removed)
    New models unfinished (clipping and other stuff never fixed)
    Annoying new racial sounds (choice removed)
    Annoying new animations (choice removed)
    Hunter pet issues (starting fights at 66% health - possibly caused by use of flying mounts, mitigation broken)
    Addon nerfs (choice removed)
    Pointless reworking of dungeon and raid difficulties
    Reworking old raids as dungeons and making them mythic only (choice removed)
    Tab targeting broken
    Flight (choice removed, on hold until ?)
    These are not problems or bugs. These are changes. It sounds like you're not adapting well to the change. Unfortunately, I think WoW may not be for you.

I've been pretty happy so far. The only major complaint I have is the max camera distance thing. As a melee DPS who used the console command and has had the camera stretched to its max distance for years, I think that change is lame as shit. It's kind of hard to see what's going on around me when the boss's ass is taking up half my screen.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-08-21 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    These are not problems or bugs. These are changes. It sounds like you're not adapting well to the change. Unfortunately, I think WoW may not be for you.
    Pretty much him and the 5 million other people such as myself.

There are plenty of things I like about legion, and some I don't like:

I hate the way legendaries are in the game now. Epics were fine as rare drops from mobs back in the day but LEGENDARIES?

Artifacts, I was never keen on the idea of them, it's just too far from the WoW I know. A weapon that levels with you seems somewhat boring to me. Although the traits are cool, I wish they could've been implemented in a different way. It's even more weird when you realise paladins will be switching out their fully maxed Ashbringer for a green sword they picked up from some questing zone mob in the expansion after Legion.

I hate how we're all being made in to "champions" of the alliance or the horde. I sincerely miss when we were just plebs in the wind going out to find epic loot and kill dragons.

I don't like how pvp gear is being made completely irrelevant now. You just go in and you do pvp, which brings me to my next point;

The prestiege system, this is the worst shit I've ever played. It's so goddamn boring and unintuitive.
    Last edited by Jakisuaki; 2016-08-21 at 02:53 PM.

CRZ (choice removed regarding realms, literally dozens of realms smashed together, rare mobs even more difficult to find)
    Cross realm zone only applies to the old content.

I'm not sure if it'll be active in the broken isles except via invites from friends, at least I hope they're not stupid enough to think CRZ on the broken isles is a good idea. They've always kept the newer zones free from it until the following expansions pre-patch.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2016-08-21 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    Biggest problem imo is how similar it is to WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Pretty much him and the 5 million other people such as myself.
    Right, I can make up numbers too. I believe a billion people will be playing legion.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    No idea what are you talking about with tab targeting
    Try doing a demon invasion, using tab only switches targets between opposing faction players, not actual mobs you have to kill.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

1 Removal of advanced UI features (choice removed)
    2 Nameplates buggy (choice removed)
    3 Camera distance (choice removed, see raid bosses from near their feet)
    4 Action camera (choice removed, makes people sick)
    5 Class pruning (choice removed, classes and specs gutted)
    6 Class balance (pretty much the usual joke)
    7 Phasing (everywhere including capital cities)
    8 CRZ (choice removed regarding realms, literally dozens of realms smashed together, rare mobs even more difficult to find)
    9 CRZ (choice removed, no longer allows realm hopping)
    10 Old models removed for some races (choice removed)
    11 New models unfinished (clipping and other stuff never fixed)
    12 Annoying new racial sounds (choice removed)
    13 Annoying new animations (choice removed)
    14 Hunter pet issues (starting fights at 66% health - possibly caused by use of flying mounts, mitigation broken)
    15 Addon nerfs (choice removed)
    16 Pointless reworking of dungeon and raid difficulties
    17 Reworking old raids as dungeons and making them mythic only (choice removed)
    18 Tab targeting broken
    19 Flight (choice removed, on hold until ?)
    I don't understand what "choice removed" means or how it applies to half of these but anyway...

1. No idea what UI features were removed, but they must not be effecting me!
    2. Nameplates work perfectly for me.
    3. Camera distance concession was made. Problem solved.
    4. Action camera wasn't ready, wasn't supposed to be in the game.
    5. "gutted" means they aren't playable. All specs function better and are more balanced than before. You may not like the changes, but they are healthy.
    6. Only joke is that you don't play the game seriously enough to realize that most specs are extremely close, especially within class. Very excited for this moving forward.
    7. Not a huge fan, but this isn't to do with Legion. Could have easily came with any patch at any time. They are doing this so the zones aren't so intensely overcrowded that it causes issues. Should be a positive, but I'm not convinced it is either.
    8. Rares are supposed to be rare after all. You have lost sight of what the game is supposed to be if you think otherwise. Its an MMO for a reason.
    9. How is realm hopping a good thing? Seriously? You couldn't do it for 10 years, but because it was possible and they fixed it now its an issue with Legion? Yikes...
    10. Didn't know this, but no clue why it would matter. Do you play the game with your camera facing your character? Must be tough to raid.
    11. New models are finished. You just are looking for imperfections. There is always clipping no matter what you do.
    12. I don't play with these sounds on, so can't commentate but I know you don't have to listen to them so that's not an issue.
    13. "Annoying" just proves this isn't a problem. You just hate change. The new melee animations especially are amazing compared to the old. You'll get used to it.
    14. Hunter pets have always been a mess, but I agree it should be something that doesn't happen in year 13 of this game. Either way, it doesn't stop Hunters from being really strong.
    15. Needed. Addons are getting out of control. If you raided you'd know this.
    16. They haven't reworked any dungeons or raid difficulties. They ADDED Mythic+ which is the single best feature for PVE the game has ever had, and they are remaking Kara with new story relevant to Legion. Otherwise I am struggling to come up with what you could be referring to. Obviously nothing they do is pointless though, so if you are trying to say M+ is pointless you are beyond hope.
    17. This also hasn't happened. Where are you getting this shit from? Every raid in the game that has ever had two difficulties still does. They are adding two new dungeons in Suramar that are Mythic only. Is that what you are thinking of?
    18. Works fine for me. What's broken about it?
    19. Known about flight not being in since MAY 2015. Over a year. At this point, if you are still upset about travel in a video game where a vast majority of the content takes place in instances, then you don't need to be playing it any more. Take a break.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    - AdvancedInterfaceOptions Addon, sorted.
    - I use KuiNamePlates, haven't seen any issues at all.
    - Not as big a problem as people like to pretend it is.
    - This is coming back, stop whining.
    - They've explained time and again what they did and why, you're trying to apply a simple answer to a complex topic which is pretty damned dumb.
    - People have always bitched about this, it's not a Legion thing.
    - Haven't had any issues, and I play across 3 of the biggest EU realms.
    - You really love to claim that "choice" has been removed... And they sorted realmhopping.
    - LMFAO, on one hand you bitch that rare mobs are difficult to find, and then you whine that they made a change to remedy that?
    - Get with the times, or perhaps an MMORPG is not for you...And the old models weren't removed, their animations were changed because new models and animations >>>>> people stuck in the past.
    - Wtf... I don't think you know what choice means...
    - Again, get with the time or stop playing MMORPG's that tend to change.
    Hunter pet issues (starting fights at 66% health - possibly caused by use of flying mounts, mitigation broken)
    - Haven't had any issues.
    - Not a new thing, not a Legion thing, and tough shit.
    - Um... Care to elaborate?
    ... Old Kara will be there, again I don't think you know the meaning of the word "choice"...
    Tab targeting broken
    - Had no issues what so ever.
    - Flight will be available @ a later date, this is the compromise Blizzard made. The other option was that it wouldn't be available in any future content at all ever again.
    I started to do the same and answer each point, but mostly agree with you Rorcanna. No issues here.

Tab targeting was changed in Mop wasn't it? when they removed the ability to change the range that you could tab target with a /script command. If you are tab targeting in raids, then you need to stop that right now. Get a decent nameplate addon and click. If you are tab targeting in dungeons and the world, who cares as long as it targets something? But you should just click anyway.
    Demo is fine... play better.

Deleted
    Here's my list for current problems in the game. Please feel free to recommend additions below for discussion. I'll return to this list from time to time to track if and when anything is actually fixed. The phrase "choice removed" is indicative of something that has the effect of removing choice from how a player may choose to the play the game, set up their UI, or even form groups.

Tab targeting broken
    You are very fond of "choice removed", yet you write vague opinions with no data / facts and some which are plain baffling.

*Annoying new racial sounds (choice removed) what choice did previous racial sounds give you? You still have the option of volume on or off as you had prior to patch 7.03.
    *What Advanced UI features are you referring to?
    *Name plates buggy: What "choice" have you lost and bugs do get fixed ..... bugs != choice removed :| You have exactly the same choice as before, dont like the blizzard nameplates then get an addon
    *Action Camera: Was released in beta state and only accessible via addons. It will be back
    *Class pruning: What choice have you lost?
    *CRZ: Boosts population so people dont walk around in empty zones, thats terrible in an MMO
    *Realm hopping: The obnoxious bane of people actually wanting to group up with people to do something?
    *Re-working old raids ..... erm what choice have you lost here????? Karazan will remain untouched with a new 5 man dungeon version in 7.1. The old raid will still be accessible.
    *Flight: Choice removed ... really? Will be same as WoD flying available in some future patch
    *Pointless reworking of dungeon and raid difficulties: Define what is pointless here? Mythic and Mythic plus will give groups of 5 people more content to do, which will be challenging .... is that so terrible?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    8. Rares are supposed to be rare after all. You have lost sight of what the game is supposed to be if you think otherwise. Its an MMO for a reason.
    It might be an MMO but CRZ is a blight, your interactions with players is restricted due to not being able to trade, join guilds and even the auction houses are not cross realm, you call that a good MMO? MMOs shouldn't have restriction and it shouldn't cram a bunch of realms together instead of actively merging the lower pop realms to create better populated realms overall.

Besides we don't know if CRZ is active on the broken isles outside of friend invites so I feel his point isn't warranted until we know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TolanNightBlade View Post
    CRZ: Boosts population so people dont walk around in empty zones, thats terrible in an MMO
    No, CRZ is an illusion designed to present that the world is more alive than it actually is, the underlying problems are ignored. Ignoring realm populations and allowing them to decline for years is terrible in an MMO.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2016-08-21 at 03:07 PM.

UI features - there have always been a lot hidden from us, so a poor argument that removal is just bad.
    Some arguably shouldn't have been, but it isn't removing choice - which seems to be your latest buzzphrase.

How are bugged nameplates removing choice ?
    Are they actually bugged, or are they simply not behaving in the way you expect.
    Generic and unhelpful statement.

Ignorant argument about the camera distance, give your first point about removing options from the default UI is removing choice, but one was perfectly fine being hidden when it suits you.
    Hypocrite.

The action camera removal is not meant to be permanent, it had issues they are trying to resolve.
    And it coming on in part when people didn't want it wasn't a choice they made.
    So stop being a parrot with a phrase you obviously have no understanding of.

Old Models - lacking animations. More work to update both, if the old ones would even support what would be required for the new ones.
    Old models also had clipping and animation issues, so again a petty argument cherry-picking the part you want to complain about, while ignoring the rest.

How are "annoying" racial sounds removing choice - there is the same sound replacement mechanism that has been around for years.
    Not that we had any other "choice" there, other than that same replacement mechanic.
    Functions same as before, same choice as before.

Pet issues - not a new problem.

Addons - reason given, and optimal performance meant that addon was never a choice.

Again narrow-minded argument that you don't want something makes it pointless.
    Raid and dungeon difficulty adjustments are increasing relevance of content.
    Adding in a difficulty increase with Mythic Plus for those that want it.

Tab Targeting was never working right.
    I agree it seems to be worse now.

Flying is about us experiencing the content in the way blizzard want.
    just gated behind too long a process.
    If we don't like it the first time, a year of the same will not change that.
    Agree with not liking the way they are handing it, but your statement is way too vague.

Overall, you are an idiot jumping on as many bandwagons as you can with generic "me too" statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Downvoting posts that you think are pointless (choice removed)

On a more serious note I dont think those are really PROBLEMS but more than changes of flavor.
    Stop with this mob mentality. If you downvoted a post, I'd upvote it because I hate when people like you try to silence somebody you don't agree with when they are free to voice their opinion. I am so glad this site doesn't use that shit. Yet, anyway.

7+ Year Old Account

Tab targeting broken
    Removal of glyph options (choice removed)
    Artifact weapons (no lasting value versus build trees or glyphs)
    Wanna hear something odd? All those problems are 100% opnion based. You wont be able to prove any of these subjects as being a problem, unless you either use the "but i feel like its a bad decision" or "it gives less choice", which for many people does not matter. Just because you have a choice, does not mean it gives you value to the game, unless it is a choice, which have impact.... And many of these "problems" are all being fixed, implemented in other forms of the game or simply just not needed in the current game anymore.

So great opnion peace really. You should have changed the titel to " WoW Legion: My Problems Listed.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Please remove CRZ altogether for all people that are not battlenet friends.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    It might be an MMO but CRZ is a blight, your interactions with players is restricted due to not being able to trade, join guilds and even the auction houses are not cross realm, you call that a good MMO? MMOs shouldn't have restriction and it shouldn't cram a bunch of realms together instead of actively merging the lower pop realms to create better populated realms overall.

Besides we don't know if CRZ is active on the broken isles outside of friend invites so I feel his point isn't warranted until we know for sure.

No, CRZ is an illusion designed to present that the world is more alive than it actually is, the underlying problems are ignored. Ignoring realm populations and allowing them to decline for years is terrible in an MMO.
    There won't be crz in the new zones more than likely but either way I much prefer seeing people than not. I've never once tried to trade anything with them so that doesn't bother me.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    1. People complaining about upcoming content before its released
    2. People complaining about brand new or adapted features designed to accompany said upcoming content before its released
    Well, people should be glad to not be as autistic as seem to be, who can't seem to form an assessment based on information provided by both blizzard and players. There is ample information out there to understand how stuff such as the OP posts about works or will work. That and of course being a verteran you pretty much understand how blizzard operates most of the time.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-22 at 08:36 PM.

1. more antisocial than ever with the addition of the solo Suramar questing feature which should be RIPPED from the game.
    2. more antisocial than ever with the addition of the solo Suramar questing feature which should be RIPPED from the game.
    3. more antisocial than ever with the addition of the solo Suramar questing feature which should be RIPPED from the game.
    4. more antisocial than ever with the addition of the solo Suramar questing feature which should be RIPPED from the game.
    5. more antisocial than ever with the addition of the solo Suramar questing feature which should be RIPPED from the game.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.