[Obliterum] So lets clear things out..

Obliterum comes from "disenchanting" crafted gear in the obliterum forge. But you don't need to have said profession of the gear you destroy for obliterum?

Does that mean, that I can buy a blacksmith set, wear it. then buy leatherworker or tailor gear, break it on obliterum forge, and use the obliterum to upgrade my Blacksmith gear?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

yep, but those who're playing the ah will propably make sure that there isn't much difference between crafted items and obliterum
    it's propably cheaper to craft shit and oblitarate it, you'll also get more dust from legs/chest items or already upgraded items

Thats great so if you have 3-4 characters and have all professions, you can use all your materials (cloth, leather, gems, ores) to craft items and send them all to your main char...

Also, besides the crafted items, is there anything else that can give you obliterum?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Thats great so if you have 3-4 characters and have all professions, you can use all your materials (cloth, leather, gems, ores) to craft items and send them all to your main char...

Also, besides the crafted items, is there anything else that can give you obliterum?
    Just to be clear, the bottleneck is the Blood of Sargeras NOT the obliterum.

You need bloods to apply the obliterum for any upgrade.

the blood is BOP so any character that you want upgraded gear on needs to go out and get the blood somehow.

obliterum can also be found in the AH but you can have thousands of it and not be able to use it

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    Just to be clear, the bottleneck is the Blood of Sargeras NOT the obliterum.

You need bloods to apply the obliterum for any upgrade.

the blood is BOP so any character that you want upgraded gear on needs to go out and get the blood somehow.

obliterum can also be found in the AH but you can have thousands of it and not be able to use it
    I am sorry, but according to this info:

1 Obliterum upgrades your crafted item by 5 ilvls and requires 2 bloods to do so. 815->850 upgrade requires 7 Obliterum and 14 blood. To sum things up: you need 70 Obliterum (7000 ash) and 140 blood to upgrade 10 items per character.
    We are gonna need 7000 ash for upgrades... seeing the materials the new recipes need, that is a ton of grind to get those 7000. Sure, as you say you can buy on AH while Blood of sargeras cannot.. but the average player will not have the money to get them and so I think that by the time he manage to get the 7000 ash, will also have the Bloods too

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I am sorry, but according to this info:

We are gonna need 7000 ash for upgrades... seeing the materials the new recipes need, that is a ton of grind to get those 7000. Sure, as you say you can buy on AH while Blood of sargeras cannot.. but the average player will not have the money to get them and so I think that by the time he manage to get the 7000 ash, will also have the Bloods too
    Depending on what you obliterate like Chest/Legs you usually get more than half 1 obliterum worth of dust so it wont take that long, the biggest bottle neck will be the BoS because its the one thing Gold can't buy.

As a crafter i plan to make my non-tier slot BiS gear first, which is Wrist, Belt, and Boots. I will pick one based on what my current item is in said slots, then i will keep crafting then Obliterting what i craft till i get my perfect stat allocation which is Crit>Mastery once i get that i will use all the Obliterum from the previous ones to upgrade it. Then i will start working on the next slot, yeah i could go for Chest/Legs more stat points but I'm planning ahead. Once i get the perfect stat alocation on all 3 is when i will start crafting Chest/Legs for the higher Obliterum yield per materials costs. If i happen to get a drop that is higher than 850 for that slot i will just store the crafted in the bank till Nighthold opens up so i can upgrade it past 850 to 875.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Depending on what you obliterate like Chest/Legs you usually get more than half 1 obliterum worth of dust so it wont take that long, the biggest bottle neck will be the BoS because its the one thing Gold can't buy.

As a crafter i plan to make my non-tier slot BiS gear first, which is Wrist, Belt, and Boots. I will pick one based on what my current item is in said slots, then i will keep crafting then Obliterting what i craft till i get my perfect stat allocation which is Crit>Mastery once i get that i will use all the Obliterum from the previous ones to upgrade it. Then i will start working on the next slot, yeah i could go for Chest/Legs more stat points but I'm planning ahead. Once i get the perfect stat alocation on all 3 is when i will start crafting Chest/Legs for the higher Obliterum yield per materials costs. If i happen to get a drop that is higher than 850 for that slot i will just store the crafted in the bank till Nighthold opens up so i can upgrade it past 850 to 875.
    Thats a great plan indeed! I think I will also go for non tier slots first Getting the correct stats will be easy , since we will craft a lot of them for obliterum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post

Ya, I think the problem people will run into is time vs reward.

the time to run one LFR or Mythic + etc will be less to get that one upgrade piece of gear than to grind out the bloods.

and if you aren't running those higher level content places than you really won't need the upgraded gear.

My point being, it will be harder than ever to keep many chars in high level gear.

Most people will end up focusing on just 1-2 chars because of the crafting grind AND the artifact grind and all the other characters will just sit there.

I suppose you could funnel crafted gear to other chars to break down but I imagine it will be cheaper/easier just to buy obliterum from the AH