Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blizzard whispered a name.

Making Sylvie warchief is probably the only competent decision that troll made and it wasn't him that really made it.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-08-21 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    In the actual cinematic, Varian turned tail just fine too. He only went down like a boss because the Alliance can't even manage a retreat properly, despite having air evac (and couldn't shoot at the Fel Reaver with the gunships guns, because reasons).

lolol boldly said after your dearest Sylvanas retreated on them without a word of warning and retreated the air support from the rangers. Yes, it is difficult for the infantry to retreat after you take their air support when they are charging in. Great general you'd be. ^^

For the love of god, its S.Y.L.V.A.N.A.S

Not Sylvannas

Or Sylvannus

Or Sylvanis

Or Sylvannuisuosuauaosusuosueis.

Sweet jesus, why is it so hard for everyone to get her name right? I've never seen this happen to anyone else, even with other people with equally strange elven names like Alleria, or Vereesa, or the even weirder orc or troll names.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Because she's more capable then the other faction leaders combined. There's a big threat, you need someone crazy enough to be unpredictable so the legion doesn't see them coming from miles away again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Can someone explain the reasoning behind the choice behind voljins snap choice to make her warcheif anyways?
    Who else should it be? I think the prime reason she was choosen is she was the default choice. No other person was suited.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Sylvanas has more fanart in panties than any other Horde leader.

Deleted
    Because she's more capable than the other faction leaders combined. There's a big threat, someone being half crazy and willing to go how far is needed, might be a better and more unpredictable pattern against the legion. The current strategies haven't worked, the legion always is a step ahead because alliance and horde in military effort have been very predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    For the love of god, its S.Y.L.V.A.N.A.S

Not Sylvannas

Or Sylvannus

Or Sylvanis

Or Sylvannuisuosuauaosusuosueis.
    I thought it's Silveranus

Sylvanus was made warchief because the spirits told him so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    lolol boldly said after your dearest Sylvanas retreated on them without a word of warning and retreated the air support from the rangers. Yes, it is difficult for the infantry to retreat after you take their air support when they are charging in. Great general you'd be. ^^
    1. Not having air support of their own still makes Alliance look bad here, not the Horde. 2. The gunship took care of the Felbats just fine though, because, you know, air evac. Read what you're replying to. I guess the total lack of Felbats after the gunship arrived killed thousands retreating Alliance troops /s Alternatively, they suffered heavy losses from the death stares of the Felguards from the ridge where Horde was. 3. Weirdly enough, the Alliance heard the Horde just fine in the cinematic and as such were warned. It's not like she handed a written message to each and every Horde troop, they also only heard the horn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The horn was clear enough signal. All the alliance had to stop this stupidity of "OMG Betrayal." which in a war with the legion makes no sense and think "Horde need the legion defeated as much as we do. If they are leaving then something has surely fucked up big time for them." like a sane person would come up with.

As for retreating I still don't get how people in this thread do not realise the battle was unwinnable from the start. Blizzard (you know word of god here and no you can't bring in death of author) said it was a trap and unwinnable. Magni himself has said the only way to win is the Pillars of creation. Essentially even if somehow all the demons were killed, they would just come through the nether portals again and again and again and again until attrition wins out.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Wishy washy in that she can't decide if her people are her purpose or they are just mindless fodder for her goal, but I remember you from the last thread about her. You're all about Sylvanas despite all the great points about her like the genocide, the undercity with Putress and Varimathras, gloating at the death of her troops in Pit of Saron. We should probably agree to disagree because I could have Metzen come on here and apologize for her and you'd call him an idiot.
    She committed no genocides (using the Blight in Gilneas as an example of one is especially idiotic since that one was so weak it didn't even slow the Worgen down). And woo, betrayal. What a point. I guess Varian is a shit (or evil, not 100% sure which angle you're "supporting" with this) character because of Defias and Onyxia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like her but she is qualified and very cold and calculative. She is what the horde needs right now, sure Saurfang is a good leader but Sylvanas is one good strategist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because
    DA SPIRITS BE RESTLESS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    1. Not having air support of their own still makes Alliance look bad here, not the Horde. 2. The gunship took care of the Felbats just fine though, because, you know, air evac. Read what you're replying to. I guess the total lack of Felbats after the gunship arrived killed thousands retreating Alliance troops /s Alternatively, they suffered heavy losses from the death stares of the Felguards from the ridge where Horde was. 3. Weirdly enough, the Alliance heard the Horde just fine in the cinematic and as such were warned. It's not like she handed a written message to each and every Horde troop, they also only heard the horn.
    The action is not a warning. See if i say i'm going to be punching someone as i'm actually punching them it's not really a warning is it?

Anyways, the excuses are grand. You are right. The problem is the alliance trusted the horde to be allies and they failed at it. Indeed they should have sorted their own air support. Actually, should have split the forces between both groups sp this kind of thing couldn't happen.

Honestly it would make a lot more sense if someone else was warchief while Sylvannas led the army, kind of like it Greymane seems to be leading the Alliance war effort in the Broken Isles.

As good as she may be at war (which doesn't seem to be that much...), Sylvannas is one of the worst choices to be the leader of the Horde, as most of the races really don't like her tactics and, until the other day, no one trusted her. Saving the Horde at the Broken Shore does give her some points, though.

If you want Vol'jin's reasoning... gotta trust dem spirits, mon!

The one who deserved the Warchief title got it, the Banshee Queen. Quit cryin' orclings...

the loa spirits spoke to him and told him sylvanas was destined to be the warchief so thats what he did

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Someone on reddit put forward a theory that Vol'jin made her warchief because he doesn't trust her. If Sylvanas is warchief, she can no longer do shady stuff behind the scenes, because now everyone has their eyes on her.
    That or not, it's irrelevant. We won't see a Horde Leader going batshit crazy, and sparkling a civil war, because we've seen it already.

Deleted
    Why? It's bloody obvious. Sylvanas is a highly experienced ranger general who has devoted her undead life to staying away from the abyss. She'll absolutely anything at all to ensure her survival, and without The Horde she'd have no allies and no protection. Therefore Vol'jin KNOWS Sylvanas will do ANYTHING to ensure the survival of The Horde. Who else would lead The Horde in this dark time? Lor'themar? The guy who almost defected to The Alliance during MoP because Garrosh hurt his feelings?... Baine? The guy who is SO honorable and good that he warned Jaina that Garrosh was marching on Theramore? Saurfang? The guy who made the famous quote "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, NEVER forsake it" he'd rather die than stain The Horde's honor. Sylvanas is the ONLY Horde Leader that is ruthless enough to make the hard decisions that will come in the future of Legion. She's the only one who can lead The Horde through this dark time. And Vol'jin knew this and hated it, yet he elected her anyways. I'm SO tired of seeing people that say she was choosen EXCLUSIVELY because of fan service...