Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Note: Optimal path for the Archdruid quest line is Lore, Claw and then Vale.

1) Cenarius, Keeper of the Grove
    2) Nature's Call
    3) Archdruid of the Claw (2nd)
    4) Archdruid of Lore (1st)
    5) Archdruid of the Vale (3rd)
    by going claw > vale > lore you are able to do the claw place first, then go to Grizzleweald and do the 4 quests there, then you are able to get to the moonkin area and do the 4 quests there (skip boneflux), then move onto the bonus objective south (faerie dragon place) to vale guy to lore guy

i was wondering what the thought process was behind going lore, and effectively going anti clockwise (as opposed to clockwise)?

also does the draenor exp part take into account the recent nerfs to draenor exp?

10+ Year Old Account
    But those bonus objectives aren't for everybody because what if you did them already?

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I am not an anti-speedleveler, but isn't speedleveling pointless since we need to get friendly with every zones faction? And doing all these quests will level us anyway? Also since the content is scaling, doing the rep quests at 110 will not make it easier, so having xp from WoD ready will not change anything I guess.

Still I find this thread very useful cause it reminded me to stack consumables before legion (speed/invisibility/water walking potions and glider)
    Yeah you do have to reach friendly with each zone, but this guide will probably get you into honored with each zone or close to it. You could dungeon level too if you wanted to and just do the first couple of story lines in each zone as well, but I think its a little faster to just quest. There's better ways to gain AP at end game too so the zone AP gains from quests aren't a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    by going claw > vale > lore you are able to do the claw place first, then go to Grizzleweald and do the 4 quests there, then you are able to get to the moonkin area and do the 4 quests there (skip boneflux), then move onto the bonus objective south (faerie dragon place) to vale guy to lore guy

i was wondering what the thought process was behind going lore, and effectively going anti clockwise (as opposed to clockwise)?

also does the draenor exp part take into account the recent nerfs to draenor exp?
    Yeah I believe we skipped Grizzleweald, at the end of the journey most of us were about 70-75% into 109 and still had the Violet Hold/Neltharion's Lair and A Falling Star quest to do (NL probably would have got us to 110 alone)

So the thought was, Archdruid of Lore and just go counter clockwise and end up back in Lorlathil (though, I guess you have to go to the Grove of Cenarius after the archdruid quests, so its probably better to start at vale and go clockwise), although I suppose you could go clockwise and do Vale, Claw and then Lore and get the other quests if you wanted to. Could actually be a better option than doing Shipwreck Cove in Highmountain now that I think about it. I'll go test it out.

But you should definitely start at either Lore or Vale and go counter or clockwise, we opted to go to lore really because the terrain kinda goes downhill from there and makes it less awkward I guess but I need to go back and look at the pathways. I'll update the OP soon.

Yeah I think that would be a better optimization for the simple fact that you could probably skip Shipwreck Cove in Highmountain which takes you really out of the way twice,

http: //i.imgur.com/aJLFwsQ . jpg

1) Vale
    2) Grizzleweald
    3) Faerie Fracas
    4) Claw
    5) Lore

and then you're right next to the Grove of Cenarius

PS: really wish I could post links haha
    Last edited by Rykun; 2016-08-21 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykun View Post
    But you should definitely start at either Lore or Vale and go counter or clockwise, we opted to go to lore really because the terrain kinda goes downhill from there and makes it less awkward I guess but I need to go back and look at the pathways. I'll update the OP soon.
    agreed about awkward terrain @ lore.

maybe is better because the best way to complete that BO is stepping on eggs, getting there first means more eggs = quicker BO because the quest is done in <30 sec

Deleted
    I leved to 110 in 5.5 hours on beta without all this prep. Then again that was the 11th I leveled to 110.

I am not an anti-speedleveler, but isn't speedleveling pointless since we need to get friendly with every zones faction? And doing all these quests will level us anyway? Also since the content is scaling, doing the rep quests at 110 will not make it easier, so having xp from WoD ready will not change anything I guess.

Still I find this thread very useful cause it reminded me to stack consumables before legion (speed/invisibility/water walking potions and glider)
    Well, it gets you to 110 faster, so when you do the quests anyway, you get gold, which is cool. I guess the quest items will be slightly better at 110 too. That's probably no big deal, since you can get better gear a lot easier from other methods.

I dunno, people like to speed through I guess. Even doing none of this, leveling won't take more than a few play sessions. I played beta 3 or 4 times very casually not trying to go fast and I got to level 106 pretty damn quick. I went off the rails and did professions quests out of the way and got another artifact and all that.

The funny thing is people spend all this time developing a way to save themselves a couple hours at launch. Even if normal leveling takes twice as long, that's still only 6 hours. How long did OP spend writing all this out, and testing on beta and stuff? Doesn't seem worth it IMO.

http://i.imgur.com/aJLFwsQ.jpg

1) Vale
    2) Grizzleweald
    3) Faerie Fracas
    4) Claw
    5) Lore

and then you're right next to the Grove of Cenarius

PS: really wish I could post links haha
    fixed the link for u.

doing 1 > 5 like this also means w/o handing in any draenor quests you hit 101 after complete part 5, meaning you can dala HS > buy ring > pick up profession quests > normal HS and do the wisp quest from syndrelle or whatever her name is on the way to grove of cenarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post

The funny thing is people spend all this time developing a way to save themselves a couple hours at launch. Even if normal leveling takes twice as long, that's still only 6 hours. How long did OP spend writing all this out, and testing on beta and stuff? Doesn't seem worth it IMO.
    Mostly just comes down to having nothing to do on live so I may as well do something helpful for others that don't have beta (a lot of my guild still doesn't have beta so that was the original point anyway). Took a night to do the leveling as a group with my friends, then we just made notes about each zone from our recordings. The prep work probably doesn't matter much but it's something people could do if they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    fixed the link for u.

doing 1 > 5 like this also means w/o handing in any draenor quests you hit 101 after complete part 5, meaning you can dala HS > buy ring > pick up profession quests > normal HS and do the wisp quest from syndrelle or whatever her name is on the way to grove of cenarius.

Yep, the terrain thing doesn't matter that much either, but yea should be better. Thanks for the input.

Total: 432,400 - 470,000
    ...so instead of getting to 105 in draenor we now don't even get to 101?

I am not an anti-speedleveler, but isn't speedleveling pointless since we need to get friendly with every zones faction?
    If you're in EU you could theoretically level to 110 on tuesday and complete all the quests in Suramar before the weekly reset and then you should get new Suramar quests on wednesday. No idea when the weekly reset happens in the US, but I guess you'd have to be quite fast to make it before the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post

If you're in EU you could theoretically level to 110 on tuesday and complete all the quests in Suramar before the weekly reset and then you should get new Suramar quests on wednesday. No idea when the weekly reset happens in the US, but I guess you'd have to be quite fast to make it before the reset.
    The stuff I listed on the thread takes into account whats probably worth it for time invested v xp gain. The stuff you had to do to get 105 was a pretty extensive list of stuff you had to do which took almost 2 hours. This stuff will only take you about 20 minutes to complete if you take advantage of Ogre Way gates.

There's alot of reasons why leveling to 110 ASAP is advantageous but if you're in a Mythic raiding guild getting your main and your alts to 110 first day will be a pretty substantial gain later on. Most notably world quests and artifact knowledge, as well as class order hall quest chain at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    Mostly because you skip treasures etc. that previously were considered worth it but now aren't, as well as extra quick quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

As an alliance player on a 95% horde populated realm cluster, i would love to ask beta players a question. Is there much quest overlapping for factions? i.e. Tanaan, where we all quest in exactly same locations, which would result in constantly getting 15v1 ganked, or is it more spread out as per horde/alliance sides of the zone? if there is a difference, which zone would provide calmer questing progress?

Majority of the questing is completely faction neutral, and even the ones that aren't co-habit
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    do the proff quests scale to your level?
    (if you know you will hit 109 before reset, would it be better to wait, and get more exp out of them?)

ofc with release at 12am, it would be possible to do them as you can, then again in 3 hours...
    thanks for a down n dirty guide
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    do the proff quests scale to your level?
    (if you know you will hit 109 before reset, would it be better to wait, and get more exp out of them?)

ofc with release at 12am, it would be possible to do them as you can, then again in 3 hours...
    thanks for a down n dirty guide
    daily reset was changed to 09:00

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Majority of the questing is completely faction neutral, and even the ones that aren't co-habit
    Guess that means that my launch month leveling is f'ed in a major way then. Unless i have to tag with someone from another realm just to do quests =\

Would that be tru for all zones though? Stormheim seems to have some faction specific flypoints on the map. Faction quest hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Guess that means that my launch month leveling is f'ed in a major way then. Unless i have to tag with someone from another realm just to do quests =\

Would that be tru for all zones though? Stormheim seems to have some faction specific flypoints on the map. Faction quest hubs?
    Stormheim is the only zone with faction specific quests as far as I'm aware

Hi! Great guide! So I was wondering, are you taking into account the rare elite mobs? Because I think getting out of your way to kill them all can take 30mins maybe more don't you think? Is worth it?

Thanks Rykun, will probably use this for some help. You mention leveling in a group as the best way to go, how many people per group? Are we talking a full 5 man group or is it enough with 2 or 3 people?

I think I read somewhere that 5 man is best, (you kill mob faster and the design is made so when 1 man loot a quest item, it's count for the whole group) but as always, 2-3 is always better than alone! Some of the quest boss are easy to solo but can take some time (1 to 2 mins alone) so a 5 man group can OS him => faster progression.