Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PVP - please remove random battle ground or let us black list 5 bgs

Every xpac I write a post that is always very similar. Why? I have about 30 old school buds that join the game, level up their toons, and then we bg and pvp a bit. One of many reasons they quit, is when we finally get to start our Battleground fun, we continually get maps that we dont want to play. I am sorry that there is some people who wont understand my problem, but I have friends who would play warsong gulch, arathis basin and eye of the storm for the next ten years and would never want to see another battle ground again. It reminds me of quake 2, where tokeys towers and the edge were the only two maps people play, or black ops 2 where HIJACKED ( this ship) has its own separate spot ---- these maps in other games get played repeatedly because they are fan favourites. Should developers get offended and remove the ability to play them....or actually let people play them for fun. Smite and LOL have the same maps over and over, so it is not weird that peopel want to play a certain map over and over. Can you please think of a way that my message can get through to someone. It will happen again, cause the rants will happen in our WHATSAPP gaming channel, they will get strands of the ancient 3 times in a row, and quit the game the next day.

on a side note - I know you ignoring the battleground people, and you dont want to make cool new maps or think of cool new ideas..... but is there any hope in you making a GRAND PVP button, for que purposes, and make wintergrasp a grand battle map, tol barad, old school AV, etc and just make your best invention ---- the 40 vs 40 battle a reality!!!!

AOK

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's an idea, queue directly for the map you want to play. Problem solved.

Uhm there is a solution. It's called queue for the specific battleground you want to play on.

Or post directly on the battle.net forums, so the people you want to read it "might".

As much as I agree with some of you, you're missing the point. He wants to still queue for random bg's but he wants to have access to blacklisting more bg's because he probably doesn't like a majority of the bg's. Use your brain a little bit before you go dropping unproductive sarcastic comments.

i'd settle for atleast 1 more to blacklist.

What BGs do you hate? The only annoying ones are AV and IoC due to them being PvE, Strand is also almost in this league too. The rest are sick

Quote Originally Posted by Wujong View Post
    As much as I agree with some of you, you're missing the point. He wants to still queue for random bg's but he wants to have access to blacklisting more bg's because he probably doesn't like a majority of the bg's. Use your brain a little bit before you go dropping unproductive sarcastic comments.
    In other words, "let's increase everyones queue times so me and my buddies can only do the bgs we want and still get the benefits of random bgs".

Deleted
    Can't you just queue for those specific bgs?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that is that it's not really random bg's at that point anymore. Its always gonna be the ones you want. Plus you get an extra reward for that? No, that totally defeats the purpose of why the random bg feature is there to begin with. I don't support blacklisting either, look what it did to AV and IoC they're so one-sided depending on the faction that there is absolutely no way to enjoy those BG's normally anymore. We don't really need more of that tbh.

Deleted
    Riht now I always block IoC and AV, but I absolutely hate SOTA. I wish blizz just increased the max blocked bgs to 3.

Except his demand is stupid.

You want to only play 3 bgs ? Then queue for those 3 bgs. Problem solved.

Don't increase everyone queue time.

Homophobia is so gay.

I think it would be cool to see the statistics of what bg's get played the most, I realize the system is "random" but im sure a trend could be established by looking at which ones get more traffic, that should determine which ones the most people have blacklisted. I think its safe to assume that IOC and AV are probably blacklisted by almost everyone, if I could do three I'd add Strand to that list, four, I would definitely get rid of DWP, it seems to me that I just have the worst luck in that BG when it comes to player competency.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind it. It just feels like you have to blacklist IoC and AV as Horde or you get it 99% of the time, so you can't blacklist any of the BGs you actually genuinely dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm there is a solution. It's called queue for the specific battleground you want to play on.
    This isn't much of a solution for 7.0, since queuing for a battleground directly gives exactly zero rewards, and only random bg queues give anything.

Reward does in fact matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Except his demand is stupid.

You want to only play 3 bgs ? Then queue for those 3 bgs. Problem solved.

Don't increase everyone queue time.
    you can only queue for 2 bg's at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a guy earlier with lots of great ideas. One of them being battleground "playlists" which was essentially BGs split up in categories so you could queue for that specific category of BGs such as flag running BGs like WSG and Twin Peak. That's something that would be really cool to have and would allow people to really play the BG styles they enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    you can only queue for 2 bg's at a time.
    well you can only play one bg at a time anyway so alternate the queues every now and then.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post
    I think it would be cool to see the statistics of what bg's get played the most, I realize the system is "random" but im sure a trend could be established by looking at which ones get more traffic, that should determine which ones the most people have blacklisted. I think its safe to assume that IOC and AV are probably blacklisted by almost everyone, if I could do three I'd add Strand to that list, four, I would definitely get rid of DWP, it seems to me that I just have the worst luck in that BG when it comes to player competency.
    Unrated Battleground Popularity for Region US

Unrated Battleground Popularity for Region EU
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2016-08-21 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Unrated Battleground Popularity for Region US

Unrated Battleground Popularity for Region EU
    haha cool! i guess a quick google search would have given me an answer but it looks like my assumption was correct!