Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Beast Master or Demo Lock ?

I'd like to hear from experienced pvpers of ore or both of these specs and their thoughts of them going into Legion.
    I will be playing one or the other but just cannot make a decision.
    It has to be beast master though, I enjoy the pet thing and demon thing for demo locks.

People I speak to say hunter is a gimped class now especially bm, I don't hear much about demo lock.
    Though is it that those hunters who speak to me need to L2P ?
    Any meaningful contributions would be grateful. I cannot afford to waste time choosing the wrong spec.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

I really hope you're not choosing this two just because they are somewhat strong right now. Obviously locks are a bit crazy and I don't know much about them. But I personally am planning on going MM hunter just because you actually get to do something. I honestly believe BM is retarded right now. All you have to do is send out your pet and let him do all the work. Time from time you'll have to come out of LOS and set your second pet on a target. But other than that you can literally LOS the target and you'll prolly kill him. Stupid in my opinion, just my 2 cents.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to hear from experienced pvpers of one or both of these specs and their thoughts of them going into Legion.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

15+ Year Old Account
    in beta BM is pretty viable. def rank 1 viable, their main problem is they can be train pretty easily and dont have much cc. meaning youd need to roll with a class that brings tons of cc. thug cleave would work well. demo locks are very undervalued in beta, people are qq'ing about affic that they dont realize that demo (and even destro to some degree) is defi viable. the sustained damage is very high with some very nice burst if lined up right.
    my personal opinion would to go demo, only because if you want to play other specs they are viable, bm seems to be the only good spec for hunters atm. but there is still a few weeks for changes

If you visit online you will find a long list on the subject, which will be of great help to you.

Demo is really.. how to say it.. turrety ? There's an honnor talent to make the Summon Dreadstalkers instant but even with that you don't have many instant and have to cast a lot, which is always something a bit iffy about casters in PvP.
    But you have soul link + soul leech, which probably makes you the best tank in the game by far.

BM might be strong enough, but honestly, I can't imagine how HUnters plays in arena without traps.. or any kind of CC almost actually. You're reduce to being a damage bot. You have crazy mobility for a ranged class tho I guess

I have no idea about demo lock but I played a bm hunter for majority of wod and i loved it. BM right now is pretty strong but very boring to play you can dish out a lot of damage but has very little CC. Battlegrounds is where I believe bm hunters shine the most but in arenas depending on how you play or your composition you may struggle abit. If you love running around, LOSing and doing a shit ton of dps with little to no effort than I would go bm hunter.

The Demo Lock feels stronger to me, but that's because I rate survivability highly. You're like the caster-version of a DK (tough but slow).

If you're more of a DPS/kiter, go BM. Having played one in WoD though, I felt they lost too much in Legion to enjoy (both in power and utility).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    Demo is really.. how to say it.. turrety ? There's an honnor talent to make the Summon Dreadstalkers instant but even with that you don't have many instant and have to cast a lot, which is always something a bit iffy about casters in PvP.
    But you have soul link + soul leech, which probably makes you the best tank in the game by far.

BM might be strong enough, but honestly, I can't imagine how HUnters plays in arena without traps.. or any kind of CC almost actually. You're reduce to being a damage bot. You have crazy mobility for a ranged class tho I guess
    Yes, losing traps on all but survival (and what they only have exp' ?) is a game de-rail for me.
    Agree, few instants is always bad in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    my personal opinion would to go demo, only because if you want to play other specs they are viable, bm seems to be the only good spec for hunters atm. but there is still a few weeks for changes
    Other specs are a no, no for me in Legion. I want to stay same spec until at least I have all artefact traits, even after that. Time spent playing other specs is time
    I could be adding to my main artefact power.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    The Demo Lock feels stronger to me, but that's because I rate survivability highly. You're like the caster-version of a DK (tough but slow).

If you're more of a DPS/kiter, go BM. Having played one in WoD though, I felt they lost too much in Legion to enjoy (both in power and utility).
    Hunter cannot imo kite anywhere near as well in Legion compared to wod, lost too much.

Thanks for all the serious replies. No decision made yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    I'd like to hear from experienced pvpers of one or both of these specs and their thoughts of them going into Legion.
    I've played my lock for 3 xpacs now as a main, and I was a hunter for the first 3. IMO Demo lock is way more fun to play than BM Hunter. There are a ton of videos on youtube explaining how Demo can, i shit you not, one shot someone, even on the beta. nerfs are definitely incoming.

again, thats just me, you should play what you have the most fun on