Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    And what are the odds within those 5 clears that one of them procs +15 ilvls TF to even match up to Mythic EN gear? Fairly low. Very likely that you come out with nothing.
    I geared my Beta character to 880 purely by running mythic+ dungeons, over the course of 2-3 weeks, doing at best 5 keys per week.

The bottom line is its perfectly viable. You'll hit a wall at a certain point though and thats where the higher gear from raiding could help.

I just don't see any raiding trinkets even compare to shit like Momento of Angerboda and Horn of Valor at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    I geared my Beta character to 880 purely by running mythic+ dungeons, over the course of 2-3 weeks, doing at best 5 keys per week.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does "5 keys per week" translate to "5 items of 665+ gear per week"? And assuming that means you had fewer than 15 items in those 2-3 weeks, how many of them turned into Titanforged?

I'd been under the impression that Titanforged would be something which you'd maybe see once in a while if you were lucky, not something which you'd expect to see happening in every other dungeon. But from what you're saying here, it sounds like the chance of a single-roll titanforged is quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by Bench333 View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does "5 keys per week" translate to "5 items of 665+ gear per week"? And assuming that means you had fewer than 15 items in those 2-3 weeks, how many of them turned into Titanforged
    We usually completed +11 within time limit and failed 12 to get our loot. That is 15 items of 865+ quality from end-of-the-dungeon chests per character per week, which you can trade later between yourselves. Titanforged gear is not exceptionally rare, if you get high enough volumes of loot - you will see it quite often.

Weekly caches also reward 880 items if you manage to beat 10+ dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    set bonus don't work in mythic+
    That isn't true at all. As for being able to do mythic + without taid gear of course you can or nobody would be able to do them right away. If you don't raid at all your progression might slow down, but that has to be expected.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    What kind of gear level do you think is required for an averaged-skilled player to get M+10 loot clears?
    (definitely not 13/13M without any nerfs but maybe 6 or 7)

Does the Mythic Weekly Chest drop raid gear? Or raid equivalent? What I am asking is can you get tier from the chest?

You get dungeon gear from the chest, scaled up to appropriate level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Before nighthold gets released raiding won't matter at all if you do m+. When nighthold gets released you will want set items and maybe some trinkets. When it comes to ilvl on gear m+ is very competitive with raiding because of war/titanforged.
    Aren't there relics in EN?

- - - Updated - - -

They're also limiting weekly loot from M+ as per a recent blue post to basically say you can get 1 or so GOOD item per week and then everything else is pretty much just mythic gear, but you can boost your keystone.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    They're also limiting weekly loot from M+ as per a recent blue post to basically say you can get 1 or so GOOD item per week and then everything else is pretty much just mythic gear, but you can boost your keystone.
    No they are not. Loot system is not changed from what it is now on beta, and that's what they are shipping the game with.

Each mythic+ level has it's own baseline gear level, starting at 845+ @+2, and capping at 865 @+10. Difficulties above +10 award 865+ gear. Plus sign at the end means the gear can be warforged/titanforged, have extra socket and tertiary stats. You get those items after completing the dungeon.

That "GOOD" item you talking about comes from end-of-the-week chest, which contains item from dungeon loot table. This item has baseline ilvl which is equal to baseline item level from highest mythic+ dungeon you completed last week + 15. This item also has a chance of being warforged/titanforged/etc.

As I said, our group were getting up to 75 items with 865 baseline item level per week. Some of them were warforged/titanforged, almost all of them were tradable. This is 30 main raid quantities of loot we are talking about, but distributed in a group of 5 people. Only limiting factor in getting all that gear is time, and that is what Watcher said in one of the latest gamescom streams.

Deleted
    Very very viable. Is it efficient or optimal no.

Mythic + dungeons don't scale you down so the more gear you have the better off.

You can quite easily complete mythic 7/8 without running out of time without stepping into raids. But imo 9/10 upwards inside the time limit won't be very common for the average player without raid gear. In those higher difficulties your hp alone makes a big difference. It's do able over time if you keep farming high level mythic + and you will eventually gear pass them. Time is a huge part of it. For example in my group we will have 3 clothes and 2 leather users making loot trading very very useful if we get items another needs which speeds up the gearing progress. Imo doing 11+ is what I am aiming for purely for the fun of it. It difficulty of the dungeons ramp up a lot and for me At least is very fun

Question: Can you get loot from the same level of Mythic + twice or more?
    One of our raid leads is planning out Mythic plus groups with the idea of using alts to "split run" a specific level for the gear at the end.

You need to have keystone for that dungeon to start mythic+. Keystone can come from any character in a party, and everyone will receive loot after completing the dungeon as long as keystone is not depleted.

Every character gets one keystone per week, it starts as un-depleted keystone. Keystone gets depleted if you fail to complete mythic+ dungeon in time. You can re-activate the keystone by running it again and completing dungeon in time, but you will get no loot for doing depleted keystone.

You can funnel loot into your mains by running group with 4 mains and 1 alt who's keystone you are going to use to get loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allergisch View Post
    Title.

A friend asked me if it will remain competitive in the mythic+ environment without tier sets or raid trinkets. Thoughts?
    I guess it is viable. I don't even intend to run Mythic+ (and raids as well). Mythic dungeons will be my end game. So mythic+ can very well be viable as endgame content.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they are not. Loot system is not changed from what it is now on beta, and that's what they are shipping the game with.

Each mythic+ level has it's own baseline gear level, starting at 845+ @+2, and capping at 865 @+10. Difficulties above +10 award 865+ gear. Plus sign at the end means the gear can be warforged/titanforged, have extra socket and tertiary stats. You get those items after completing the dungeon.

That "GOOD" item you talking about comes from end-of-the-week chest, which contains item from dungeon loot table. This item has baseline ilvl which is equal to baseline item level from highest mythic+ dungeon you completed last week + 15. This item also has a chance of being warforged/titanforged/etc.

As I said, our group were getting up to 75 items with 865 baseline item level per week. Some of them were warforged/titanforged, almost all of them were tradable. This is 30 main raid quantities of loot we are talking about, but distributed in a group of 5 people. Only limiting factor in getting all that gear is time, and that is what Watcher said in one of the latest gamescom streams.
    I think what the poster you quoted was referring to was that Watcher in one of the Gamescom streams said, that he thinks it might be a little bit too fast if everyone in the group is guaranteed an item in the weekly chest. So they may tone that down a bit (whatever that may mean - only 3 out of 5 people are guaranteed but more can get it?).

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I think what the poster you quoted was referring to was that Watcher in one of the Gamescom streams said, that he thinks it might be a little bit too fast if everyone in the group is guaranteed an item in the weekly chest. So they may tone that down a bit (whatever that may mean - only 3 out of 5 people are guaranteed but more can get it?).
    That wouldn't make much sense, if they were to tune down anything it would be the amount of items you can get from spamming mythic+ dungeons, not the 1 item you get at the end of the week.

by only reading the tittle, i have to ask.

viable to what? if you aint raiding, why would you need more than dungeons gives you?

or your question may be "Can i raid without raiding?" (?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    That wouldn't make much sense, if they were to tune down anything it would be the amount of items you can get from spamming mythic+ dungeons, not the 1 item you get at the end of the week.
    There is a possibility that chests at the end of each Mythic+ dungeon run are a little bit too rewarding right now in terms of a guaranteed item for everyone in the group. It should be a complement to raiding, not the best way to gear up early on.

That was from the interview 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    There is a possibility that chests at the end of each Mythic+ dungeon run are a little bit too rewarding right now in terms of a guaranteed item for everyone in the group. It should be a complement to raiding, not the best way to gear up early on.

That was from the interview 2 days ago.
    Yeah, that's as I said.

I guess you're just misunderstanding a bit, the chests from end of dungeon runs are not the same as the weekly chest in your class order hall.