Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Highlord Tirion alive?

So not sure if this has been posted or not, just figured this out tonight.

Spoiler: 
    I was doing my weekly 25H ICC, and I had clicked on Tirion while waiting for the LK rp, and I noticed that his voices are different. He now has some that is just a cough, theres one of him pleading for help, and another one that's like"There isnt much time left" and I am not sure if its always been that way and I never really paid attention, or if he has Legion voices already activated and hes alive still after the broken shore scenario.

Any ideas?

Part of the Paladin artifact quest. Kicks the bucket right after.

Highlord Tirion is currently dead, but I wouldn't expect it to stay that way. At one point the DKs try to change that during their campaign which results in a really cool event.

I think he will in some way come back for sure, ala gandalf.
    His time is just not over here. But he will come back a changed character no doubt.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Highlord Tirion is currently dead, but I wouldn't expect it to stay that way. At one point the DKs try to change that during their campaign which results in a really cool event.

I think he will in some way come back for sure, ala gandalf.
    His time is just not over here. But he will come back a changed character no doubt.
    I'm still kind of hoping this, because his death was kind of disappointing. I mean, I know I can't expect every character who dies to have some awesome, heroic death like Varian, but...this is Tirion Fordring we're talking about. I guess he could come back as a death knight, but I think that would be kind of a lame way to bring him back.

They could always just change dimensions for no apparent reason to one where he is still alive and then have that one pick up right where the other one left off. Wait no... That would be silly.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume death is never permanent in Warcraft ... like wasn't the Thunder King dead ? Or maybe other lore figures that died and just appeared like that. Teranas ghost ? You get my point. We don't know anything yet about the afterlife in WoW, there might be an afterlife realm where souls are preserved. Maybe it has something to do with the twisting nether, since they stated that killing a demon in the nether permanently kills them from all realities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I'm still kind of hoping this, because his death was kind of disappointing. I mean, I know I can't expect every character who dies to have some awesome, heroic death like Varian, but...this is Tirion Fordring we're talking about. I guess he could come back as a death knight, but I think that would be kind of a lame way to bring him back.
    Not necessarily.

The four horsemen actually had a light wielder amongst them, Sir Zeliek: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Sir_Zeliek

Sir Zeliek is an undead paladin who seemingly resisted being turned into a Death Knight like the other Horseman due to his powerful faith. Sir Zeliek is located in Naxxramas. He is killable in the Four Horsemen encounter.

It seems as though Sir Zeliek managed to retain his sanity despite Kel'Thuzad's corruption, but still his body obeys the Lich King's lieutenant. This could be seen as a mark of great spirituality and mental strength on the part of the paladin.

Based on his white color scheme and the wings on his helmet (signifying victory), Sir Zeliek is most likely based on the first Rider of the Apocalypse, the White Rider of Conquest.
    To me, that would fit Tirion thoroughly.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

He had full hp after the demon breathed on him and fell to the bottom of the lava pool in the scenario.

I believe hes still alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Tirion doesn't become a Horseman:

The Light literally prevents you from rezzing him and the blowback kills Darion Mograine. When you return to Acherus, LK Bolvar personally rezzes him as the Fourth of the Four Horsemen (the other three being (Nazgrim, Whitemane and Trollbane).

...You must be a DK to do the above sequence obviously.

That said, I also believe Tirion will pull a Gandalf and come back much more powerful. It's strongly hinted at anyways.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Not necessarily.

The four horsemen actually had a light wielder amongst them, Sir Zeliek: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Sir_Zeliek

He's not coming back as a DK. I'm not going to spoil anything but that's not how things go down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    He had full hp after the demon breathed on him and fell to the bottom of the lava pool in the scenario.

I believe hes still alive.
    And in the ret artifact questline, that full hp reaches zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    He's not coming back as a DK. I'm not going to spoil anything but that's not how things go down.
    For real? That's actually disheartening.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

For real? That's actually disheartening.
    It's not disheartening for Paladins. DKs get rekt though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily.

To be fair, the only reason Zeliek used the Light was because he was being forcibly brainwashed into it by the Lich King. Now, Bolvar's certainly gotten a few shades darker, morally-speaking, since we last saw him in WotLK, but I get the distinct feeling that forcing a Light-wielder to burn themselves from the inside out as a death knight by using the Light isn't on his agenda. Otherwise, we'd see Sally Whitemane forced to use the Light, as she's one of the Horsemen and was a Priest in life.

On-topic, we might see him brought back at the end of the Paladin order hall campaign in some fashion, at which point we return the Ashbringer to him at the end of the expansion (which would neatly tie up the problem of how to go forward after having such a powerful weapon in our hands that only grows more powerful as we imbue it further). Or he might be dead for good.

I'm not sure which I prefer more, honestly... while it's definitely a bummer that the Argent Crusade (hands-down my favorite ingame faction) got rocked so hard, many of its troops at the Broken Shore were mindbroken into slaves used by dreadlords as shock troops, and Tirion died so unceremoniously in the Ret paladin artifact quest, it does help further underline the fact that the Legion is going balls-out on this invasion and emphasizes the feeling that our backs are up against the wall at the expansion's outset.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It's not disheartening for Paladins. DKs get rekt though.
    I don't know. Sir Zeliek was a great character himself even after being turned.

And Tirion allied himself with the Death Knights to assault Icecrown. It doesn't seem like he's in bad standing with them.

But then again, it's not canon so it's not like it's going to happen.
    Google Diversity Memo

He dies in the Ret Artifact line, then later the DK story has them storm Light Chapel in EPL to raise him as the fourth horseman. But the Light protects him in the end and Morgraine ends up dying so instead the DK brings him back to life and raises him as the 4th Horseman which was Bolvar's plan all along.

I was kinda pissed when I got the quest to revive him. I dislike Tirion and his old-ass veteran bullcrap. He would have made the shittiest DK ever I say. It's good Blizz dropped the dirt on him at last.

Which begs the question, after the ret player, who will wield the Ashbringer?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I was kinda pissed when I got the quest to revive him. I dislike Tirion and his old-ass veteran bullcrap. He would have made the shittiest DK ever I say. It's good Blizz dropped the dirt on him at last.

Which begs the question, after the ret player, who will wield the Ashbringer?
    Once Legion is over an old nemesis has changed their ways and now fights for us, he is the one who Ashbringer was truly meant for and his name is...Highlord Hogger, Leader of the Order of the Candle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Once Legion is over an old nemesis has changed their ways and now fights for us, he is the one who Ashbringer was truly meant for and his name is...Highlord Hogger, Leader of the Order of the Candle
    I bet if we shoved Hogger into the twisting nether the legion would plead for us to come get him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I bet if we shoved Hogger into the twisting nether the legion would plead for us to come get him.

Nonsense,Hogger would eradicate all of the Legion.