Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Quit again, WoW is dead.
    Ignore the Hypocrite he is trolling Wow forums he has likely not quit at all.... unfortunately. But in all seriousness the Demon Invasions are a great way to level alts/gear up for legion and just plain have some fun!

7+ Year Old Account
    You can always go kill Kazzak. He drops a base of 720 now. You can do any garry things you might not want to do later if you haven't already done them, like stables and stuff. Depending on how you plan on leveling, you can always stock up on food/pots/flasks and that kind of thing.

Best advice, put trolls on ignore. No reason to want to see some guy posts when they're nothing but nonconstructive salt.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    u can get transmog gear from invasions then (if u care), [...]
    also do all pre-event quests and broken shore
    Mmh is a weekend enough to do all the pre expansion stuff or do I need more time?
    Honest question, want to see the pre launch stuff but want to waste as little active account time on WoD as possible.

Also an ex raider, avg item level of my main sits at 720.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Mmh is a weekend enough to do all the pre expansion stuff or do I need more time?
    Honest question, want to see the pre launch stuff but want to waste as little active account time on WoD as possible.

Also an ex raider, avg item level of my main sits at 720.
    The last weekend before the expac launches, all invasions will be active very often.
    So yes, a weekend is enough. U can get your transog gear in around 4 invasions.

At the end of an expansion I like to snag any low-hanging achieves that I've missed -- particularly ones that are easier with more people around.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    So yes, a weekend is enough.
    Thank you.

I'm giving what i believe is helpful advice. Maybe you think throwing countless hours away at a boring/old video game is productive or entertaining in some way, but i disagree.
    Yet you are still posting on a forum dedicated to said game which so utterly stupid I can't wrap my brain around it. Looks like you can't let go.

I'm giving what i believe is helpful advice. Maybe you think throwing countless hours away at a boring/old video game is productive or entertaining in some way, but i disagree.
    Probably just as productive as making shitposts on random forums dedicated to a boring/old video game.

Deleted
    Quit again, WoW is dead.
    LOL check out this guys post history. That has got to be a contender for the most pathetic on mmoc

The prepatch is insanely good for levelling alts. Especially on PvE servers

10+ Year Old Account
    buy the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Hello,

I just came back to WoW after a 13 months break. What do you guys recommend doing before the expansion hits?
    1. Do invasions to gear up as much as possible.
    2. Do Mythic Dungeons to try and get the Heirloom Trinket (Very Important)
    3. Level up Secondary Professions (I would reccomend Mining + Engineering)
    4. Do Prepatch Quests and scenarios
    5. Get some flask, potions, food, healing potions and gliders for leveling.
    6. Lots of Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Strange my servers are alive and bustling. You must just be on a dead realm.
    That's what I was thinking. Just logged on for the first time since April and there's ton of folks about.

Deleted
    If have done the quest and you already got gear that you feel is sufficient, then join me chillin' on the sidelines till launch.

Do the event and do the dungeon and raid finder raids to get the Illusion transmogs. Ner'zhul, Killrog, Blackhand and one other iirc. And start farming old raids for those Illusions too. That's pretty much all there is worth doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Currently I'm cheesing some characters to 100 with the ludicrous amount of EXP you get in the invasion events (before blizzard notices and that it sells 5 character boosts less now and nerfs it to the ground).
    Though I wonder how many people (I'll admit myself included) cheese characters to 60 just to boost them, so they are gaining a lot of sales they might not have gotten as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    1. Do invasions to gear up as much as possible.
    2. Do Mythic Dungeons to try and get the Heirloom Trinket (Very Important)
    3. Level up Secondary Professions (I would reccomend Mining + Engineering)
    4. Do Prepatch Quests and scenarios
    5. Get some flask, potions, food, healing potions and gliders for leveling.
    6. Lots of Gold.
    That's just a fraction of things to do really. So many things to go for, so little time to do it.

WoW in its present state is more like a sandbox, it has so many things to hunt for, it is bewildering for a returning player really.

Lots of things have changed over all these years, from hunting to rare mounts to collecting memorable armor sets and titles, that one can play the game in very exotic and strange ways. Of course the change in transmog and gear chases did marvellous things to this game.

Going for the next gear set is just one of a zillion things to want. So the challenge is setting a personal goal in that part of the game you go for.

Mine is PvP and some very rare gear sets. I couldn't care less about PVE end game in the new expansion.

I am glad WoW is back with a vengeance. Such a cool breeze of fresh air after all these closed up "new" Blizz games...