Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Kek people mad like when they banned AVR

l2play

Even the adjusted camera zoom makes me nauseous within an hour. All that time invested in the game and just like that I can no longer enjoy it and have to quit. Will keep waiting to see if they revert it back to pre Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    Trying to blame me for the poor choice of words? Catapulting the raiding scene back to TBC will have an larger impact on lower skilled player than on cutting edge.

TBC encounters just had ~3 mechanics, advanced boss mods weren't needed. Blizzard themselves designed Archimonde, such boss mods didn't even exist prior to this encounter.
    Except I further explained my post in my other posts, so again: are you saying that you read absolutely nothing besides that single post you quoted?

Why are you making comparisons to an expansion that's almost a decade old?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    That's not your decision to make. You can believe whatever you want, elitist.
    I'm an elitist because I said maybe you don't belong in mythic raids because of the fact that you aren't able to handle mechanics that an addon trivializes? Okay.

Fortunately, this change isn't your decision to make either. So I'll just be sitting here laughing while you cry because an addon can't hold your hand anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Willing to bet money on that every single person arguing the "git gud" in relation to the removal of addons is also using one themselves. Or is not raiding in a difficulty high enough where it matters.

Either way, encounters have become so complicated with positional requirements that without addons its really just down to pure luck whether you manage to kill a boss or not.

I guess we'll have to assume they'll tune back the difficulty of encounters if they do indeed intend to prevent these kind of addons from functioning. Things like mythic Archi would be near enough impossible without the radar. Not to mention all the top end guilds use these addons as well, just another reason why the "l2p" argument is stupid and doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I'm an elitist because I said maybe you don't belong in mythic raids because of the fact that you aren't able to handle mechanics that an addon trivializes? Okay.

Fortunately, this change isn't your decision to make either. So I'll just be sitting here laughing while you cry because an addon can't hold your hand anymore.
    Oh, I'm not crying, just disappointed. You're just as worse as Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Oh, I'm not crying, just disappointed. You're just as worse as Blizzard.
    I guess so, my bad for not being disappointed over parts of an addon that cheeses fights being disabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NFA View Post
    Willing to bet money on that every single person arguing the "git gud" in relation to the removal of addons is also using one themselves. Or is not raiding in a difficulty high enough where it matters.

Either way, encounters have become so complicated with positional requirements that without addons its really just down to pure luck whether you manage to kill a boss or not.

I guess we'll have to assume they'll tune back the difficulty of encounters if they do indeed intend to prevent these kind of addons from functioning. Things like mythic Archi would be near enough impossible without the radar. Not to mention all the top end guilds use these addons as well, just another reason why the "l2p" argument is stupid and doesn't work.
    Of course there's pure luck involved with a game that uses RNG. Blizzard piled on RNG because players kept creating addons to trivialize fights. Addons can't trivialize RNG, only overgearing or using exploits can.

L2P argument works perfectly fine when a player is given the chance to experience the content, fail, and try again.

Any case were the L2P argument doesn't work is because players are forcing other players to know mechanics they've never personally experienced and not give them a chance to fail (aka elitists).

Mythic Archi would be completely possible without radar. Nobody cares about what world-first raiders do (except Blizzard if they need to fix a bug/exploit). Addons force players to adjust their methods according to the availability of addons, rather than just doing the boss mechanics. They look to cheese instead of appease.

It's completely embarrassing to watch another player just willfully ignore mechanics. People forget, but to see someone straight-out ignore mechanics and then bitch something happens infuriates me.

The only addons I've ever used:

-Omen (in BC a raid leader forced me to, but knowing how much TPS my tank could do was important) -- No longer important since game has threat meter now.
    -Recount/Skada/TinyDPS (because there's no way, short of Health/Time=DPS or battleground score board, to gauge your dps)
    -TomTom (only for MoP, and deleted after, for the stupid lore scrolls that even the devs admit was stupid) -- Will be broken in 7.1 anyway.

Git gud. Learn to accept shit happens in an online-only game. Stop trying to cheese, stop babysitting players, and stop expecting other players to babysit you.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Of course there's pure luck involved with a game that uses RNG. Blizzard piled on RNG because players kept creating addons to trivialize fights. Addons can't trivialize RNG, only overgearing or using exploits can.

L2P argument works perfectly fine when a player is given the chance to experience the content, fail, and try again.

Any case were the L2P argument doesn't work is because players are forcing other players to know mechanics they've never personally experienced and not give them a chance to fail (aka elitists).

Mythic Archi would be completely possible without radar. Nobody cares about what world-first raiders do (except Blizzard if they need to fix a bug/exploit). Addons force players to adjust their methods according to the availability of addons, rather than just doing the boss mechanics. They look to cheese instead of appease.

It's completely embarrassing to watch another player just willfully ignore mechanics. People forget, but to see someone straight-out ignore mechanics and then bitch something happens infuriates me.

The only addons I've ever used:

-Omen (in BC a raid leader forced me to, but knowing how much TPS my tank could do was important) -- No longer important since game has threat meter now.
    -Recount/Skada/TinyDPS (because there's no way, short of Health/Time=DPS or battleground score board, to gauge your dps)
    -TomTom (only for MoP, and deleted after, for the stupid lore scrolls that even the devs admit was stupid) -- Will be broken in 7.1 anyway.

Git gud. Learn to accept shit happens in an online-only game. Stop trying to cheese, stop babysitting players, and stop expecting other players to babysit you.
    You undermined your own argument in the same post. If they added RNG because addons trivialized fights, then removing aforementioned addons while keeping the same level of RNG and positional difficulty will make it overtuned and unnecessarily annoying.

Also, please stop saying "Git gud". You only out yourself as the same kind of elitist you were talking about in your post. Or are you going to tell Method, Exordus and all the other top guilds that use these addons to git gud as well? Honestly

Deleted
    Yeah, those radars and whatnot aren't necessary at all. It's good that bad players will be punished.

All I really need are timers for boss abilities. Otherwise I'd have to track that manually, which while possible is a massive pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    "If Fire is way too good, rather than bringing them down to a point where they are tied with or worse than Frost and Arcane, they will take them to slightly too good still"

Always nice to have confirmation that the Mage class is entitled to special treatment.

Yeah, its not like its an example or anything. Completely outlandish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

All this talk of Mythic+ and all about Mythic plus. How many % of the players do Mythic + compared to how many don't? why not start worrying about those that do not and spend more time doing something for them and worrying more about them. WOW is not an elit game, it is not about winning the charts or topping some leage ladder, it is about the social, fun, raiding, dungeon part of the game, if you spend all your time thinking of the mythic + people then your missing out of more than 9/10 of the people thats left. It is insane with all this mythic+ stuff, start worrying more and about the regular player

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    All this talk of Mythic+ and all about Mythic plus. How many % of the players do Mythic + compared to how many don't? why not start worrying about those that do not and spend more time doing something for them and worrying more about them. WOW is not an elit game, it is not about winning the charts or topping some leage ladder, it is about the social, fun, raiding, dungeon part of the game, if you spend all your time thinking of the mythic + people then your missing out of more than 9/10 of the people thats left. It is insane with all this mythic+ stuff, start worrying more and about the regular player
    you have mythic dungeons for non-raiders who want to have something to do with a higher difficulty, as well as LFR, Nomal, and Heroic raids for those who aren't able to handle Mythic. I don't get what your point is, there are plenty of things to do for the "regular player."

10+ Year Old Account
    In Patch 7.1, addons will not be able to access unit position in raids, dungeons, and competitive instances.
    So DBM /range will break? Worst change ever, if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    It literally says that it's just for dungeon/raiding/competitive environment. Man, some of you don't even read before whining. Hillarious.
    Blizzard loves subscribers just like you. You'll believe everything piece of BS they spoonfeed you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by keebs View Post
    Even the adjusted camera zoom makes me nauseous within an hour. All that time invested in the game and just like that I can no longer enjoy it and have to quit. Will keep waiting to see if they revert it back to pre Legion.
    You are an absolute liar. NOBODY has that kind of motion sickness...... WOW's zoom distance is *exponentially higher* than almost any other video game. Did you even play Crash Bandicoot?

Get the hell out if you want, but don't go crying and playing the victim while you're on your way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad the treasure demons didn't make it in

Finally...
    I have been saying it that addons makes the game too easy...These dumb elitist raiders always complain about LFR and they themselves are far worse because they dont know how to play the encounters themselves. They need a "walkthrough" like Ion said. I can't wait for all the bitching these guilds are going to go through.
    Finally we get to play dungeons and raids like they were intended to. Tough shit losers.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpioX View Post
    Finally...
    I have been saying it that addons makes the game too easy...These dumb elitist raiders always complain about LFR and they themselves are far worse because they dont know how to play the encounters themselves. They need a "walkthrough" like Ion said. I can't wait for all the bitching these guilds are going to go through.
    Finally we get to play dungeons and raids like they were intended to. Tough shit losers.
    This LFR hero just said LFR players are better at the game than the top players in the world. That's adorable.

Deleted
    It's funny those who claim TomTom will be broken. It demonstrates they haven't read SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    "The team didn't want to announce this until they were sure it was doable, but that work has now been done internally."
    -----> Here comes the shit storm but we have to wait until the sales!

RIP addons. The game is getting less and less customizable. Like I said this Legion will be worse than WoD was.

When the casual players realize "Karazhan is a Mythic dungeon"... Ohh boy.
    Casual players run mythics now, what's stopping them from doing it in Legion?

Also, saying rip addons is a touch of hyperbole, no? They're killing the functionality of a very small subset of addons that are too powerful in Blizzard's opinion. The vast majority of addons will still function. If you listen to the interview instead of just freaking out about the one line MMO Champion write, you'll realise the focus of what Ion is talking about. It's entirely instance content specific, for one thing. Anything out in the world is untouched by this.