Artifact weapon make Legion a grind without break?

I mostly pvp, I used to take breaks between seasons, now with legion, blizzard said gears aren't important anymore, so it's "level" playing field, that's a big lie, artifact weapon and powers are now the single most important gear that will win/lose pvp, and worse it's persistent grind, doesn't reset between seasons (so why do we have seasons at all?).

I can understand that's blizzard's answer to keep pvp subscriptions, make them like raiders, if I take a break, my artifact weapon and power will lag behind, and no longer will be competitive in pvp

Am I wrong or missing something here?

In pvp your artifact talents are turned off. So no it actually doesnt matter besides maybe the raw damage.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    In pvp your artifact talents are turned off. So no it actually doesnt matter besides maybe the raw damage.
    I don't think this is true. I've seen rogue PvP on beta where they constantly proc the artifact trait which deals damage when they leave stealth. I'm also pretty sure you can get relics from PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I don't think this is true. I've seen rogue PvP on beta where they constantly proc the artifact trait which deals damage when they leave stealth. I'm also pretty sure you can get relics from PvP.
    I suspect that the starting trait is available to everyone for use in PVP, or it's a bug.

Ya this isn't true they work all the time.

100% it's not. Cauterising Blink was specifically called out as a trait that was being tuned down in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I suspect that the starting trait is available to everyone for use in PVP, or it's a bug.
    I thought they maxed out your artifacts on PvP. So everybody is on equal footing.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines