Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Also notable is that Elune has a strong connection to one of Azeroth's moons, and is also implied to have at least some connection to the planet's World Soul, so there's presumably something important up there.
    Well Elune seems to be the greates being of light (created the Naaru), so she is probably the opposite equivalent to the void lords, Azeroth being the last titan, she might be trying to save it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Talking about Titans and World Souls, our Titan must be really strong if he's gonna succeed where the whole Pantheon failed together.
    Again to my previous statement, Elune might be infusing it with power, it being the only titan remaining (since Sargeras betrayed he others and went fel)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I do think a somewhat smaller scale adventure is in order, and Azshara might provide just that. If she raises up some new land somewhere, or we go to Naz'Jatar to fight her and/or N'Zoth, that would be a less widescale experience than our world-wide fight against the Burning Legion right now.
    I'd like it if the expansion started out with us just mulling about, trying to find more titan stuff to deal with eventual further Legion attacks etc., and somewhat "randomly" stumbled across Azshara and N'Zoth raising more trouble later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd like it if the expansion started out with us just mulling about, trying to find more titan stuff to deal with eventual further Legion attacks etc., and somewhat "randomly" stumbled across Azshara and N'Zoth raising more trouble later on.
    I think you can have an adventure that happens on a smaller scale but the stakes can still be huge. Imagine if we're part of a small strikeforce, nowhere near the size of the full Horde and Alliance forces, and based in a relatively small region of the world. But we're there to stop N'Zoth from corrupting the worldsoul, which would mean the end of the world. Huge stakes, but not huge scale. Not unlike Pandaria, actually - we'd just saved the world from Deathwing, and most of that expansion was about fighting over a single landmass.

If you think about it SoO had some of the lowest stakes of any final raid instance.
    Yeah Garrosh was a tyrant and was misusing terrible powers, but he was still just some dude.
    The consequences of failure were having a shitty guy being in charge, indirectly leading to the apocalypse as he would probably not survive the events of Legion, rather than directly leading to the Apocalypse such as in Wrath, Cataclysm, WoD.

About the last few days. Do you guys think Medivh is really returning? Or just his spirit or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    About the last few days. Do you guys think Medivh is really returning? Or just his spirit or something?
    Doesn't make sense to bring him back, he had both his evil and redemption storyline already

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Doesn't make sense to bring him back, he had both his evil and redemption storyline already
    What do you think Moroes means then?

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on that island hoping expansion.

Personally I'd also love for a second Azeroth revamp. All zones scaling, and to make up for all the work, instead of skipping raid tiers we can use the newly updated Azeroth zones for new raids. Tbh, reusing old places for raids is a very good idea imo. Dragon Soul felt nice. The bad guys are knocking on YOUR door. Not vice versa. With the chronicle books finally filling all those plotholes now is a good time to get rid of all the contradictions in lore and storytelling during questing.

Also that screenshot is Epic... The one with the Star Augur boss fight and the void space.

The idea to move Azeroth to a different place in the universe actually sounds mindblowingly awesome. Could stir up the inhabitants of the other side of Azeroth. Could have us get closer to new planets which gives us the chance to explore them. Could even have some smaller planet crash into the other side of Azeroth and form new continent.

Tbh, I also wish we get anothet expansion like MoP after Legion. Something with low stakes so we can take a break. Kinda tiring with everyone wanting to destroy Azeroth... New beautiful landscapes like Pandaria's. New exotic races and cultures. Once again being mere adventurers.

Sorry for the wall of text, the ideas in this thread got me excited.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Personally I'd also love for a second Azeroth revamp. All zones scaling, and to make up for all the work, instead of skipping raid tiers we can use the newly updated Azeroth zones for new raids. Tbh, reusing old places for raids is a very good idea imo. Dragon Soul felt nice. The bad guys are knocking on YOUR door. Not vice versa. With the chronicle books finally filling all those plotholes now is a good time to get rid of all the contradictions in lore and storytelling during questing.
    It wouldn't even need to be a Cata level revamp, just bump up the textures a bit and add general repairs to the zones (Bridge between the barrens, introduce the Pandaren into some hubs etc) and enable scaling.
    The texture thingy is really needed on Northrend/Outland. I would also argue that they could revamp Outland to actually be a floating island, and not just really tall terrain that cuts off.

Also that screenshot is Epic... The one with the Star Augur boss fight and the void space.
    Think they are hinting more void story either in Legion or after

The idea to move Azeroth to a different place in the universe actually sounds mindblowingly awesome. Could stir up the inhabitants of the other side of Azeroth. Could have us get closer to new planets which gives us the chance to explore them. Could even have some smaller planet crash into the other side of Azeroth and form new continent.
    Whatever makes them add the other landmasses on Azeroth to the game.
    I can't help but imagine how the world map would look like tho.

Tbh, I also wish we get another expansion like MoP after Legion. Something with low stakes so we can take a break. Kinda tiring with everyone wanting to destroy Azeroth... New beautiful landscapes like Pandaria's. New exotic races and cultures. Once again being mere adventurers.
    Agreed, we need more stuff we never heard of before.
    My guess would be the zone wherever the blingtron war is going on.

Sorry for the wall of text, the ideas in this thread got me excited.
    Is there any other way to discuss lore?

isn't there any hint from the entire levelling? usually there are few side quest that end hinting at the next xpack.

anyway i don't think that blizzard will dedicate an entire xpack to old god, they are like the trolls good for a patch, a raid and few side quest but an entire xpack i doubt it; most probably next is Azshara but the big question mark is how blizzard create a credible xpack about naga without making it entirely (or most of it) underwater?

Another hint is the Chogall mythic only phase back in Highmaul

Cho'gall Encounter (Mythic only)
    Cho'gall yells: You know nothing of the power you meddle with, Mar'gok. (It calls to us. We know! Its power will be ours!)
    Cho'gall appears and ensnares Mar'gok in a field of dark magic.
    Imperator Mar'gok yells: Cho'gall?! Traitorous scum - I knew you were behind this!
    Cho'gall yells: Your reign has come to an end, the infinite night begins. (Darkness comes!)
    Cho'gall draws the power of the Stones, channeling them through Mar'gok, killing him in the process.
    Imperator Mar'gok yells: I... am... king...
    Cho'gall yells: We have waited long for this moment. The true power of the Stones shall be realized at last! (None shall survive! We shall be the unmaking! Destroy them! Wash over this world!)
    Cho'gall Abilities
    Glimpse of Madness
    Cho'gall yells: Gaze into the abyss! (It sees you! It knows...)
    Enveloping Night
    Cho'gall yells: Your world will be swallowed in darkness! (All will hear his call!)
    Infinite Darkness
    Cho'gall yells: Death comes! (We know it well.)
    Dark Star
    Cho'gall yells: The end draws closer! (This is our purpose!)
    Berserk
    Cho'gall yells: The night consumes us! (We have won! All will be as foretold!)
    Killed a player
    Cho'gall yells: Embrace the end.
    Cho'gall yells: Give in to darkness.
    Death
    Cho'gall yells: He comes... (You can never escape...)

Clearly chogall is referring to the void and it's death sentence "he comes" may refer to a void lord.

I'm willing to bet that something happen during the last patch of legion and next xpack is the introduction of the void and a new enemy (more powerful than sargeras).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think Azshara and N'Zoth might show up in Legion's first patch (at least N'Zoth, raising up Ny'alotha to be our patch-zone). Azshara could probably work as an entire expansion on her own though.

Dealing with the Void is a strong possibility. I'm pretty interested in the actual geography of that place.
    Do you think Ny'alotha is the Old god name for Nazjatar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Do you think Ny'alotha is the Old god name for Nazjatar?
    No, I think Ny'alotha is a city of the Old Gods built during the time of the Black Empire, predating Nazjatar by untold millennia.

The whispers of the Old God refer to Ny'alotha as both land and city. It may be the city of N'Zoth and the place where his prison was constructed. It's called the sleeping city, and all in all seems a lot like a reference to R'lyeh, the underwater city where Cthulhu sleeps. R'lyeh occasionally rises from the ocean floor when Cthulhu is ready to awaken, so I think Ny'alotha could be a sunken city that will rise when N'Zoth is freed of his prison.

'course, it might be something even more horrible than that... maybe it's a city within the Void itself, where the Old Gods come from in the first place.

A few more references to Ny'alotha are leaking out in Legion content, so I'm hoping we get a look at it soon. Who knows how strange and spectacular a city of the Old Gods would look like in-game?

I know, i know, Legion is not even out yet but from the direction this is going and what we already know from the BETA whats left for us to defeat/explore?

- There's Azshara but i don't think she will have an entire expansion of her own, more like a major patch.

- Argus? Taking the fight to the Burning Legion main planets? Maybe even the Twisting Nether.

- Bolvar and the Scourge. Unless they are friendly now and will actually help us against the BL.

- Old Gods dedicated expansion? Maybe put Azshara and Neptulon in patch X.1.0.

- Void Lords?

- Go with the Azeroth unborn titan to their main planet, if they have one? Maybe it's one of the BL planets now and we have to reach the Titans secrets before them?

Let's discuss it and tell me if i am forgetting any main topic.
    Azshara is happening in 7.2

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Azshara is happening in 7.2
    Nope, she's gonna be her own expac: http://imgur.com/t72MgQn

Anyway, they said that in patches they are going to be taking us off Azeroth. But first we must make Azeroth safe by closing the Tomb portal. So only way to go to the "off Azeroth" place is in the 2nd major content patch if we close the portal in 7.2.
    I mean Azshara could still happen in the Tomb raid by showing up in the end.
    Or we could also have a story patch for closing the Tomb portal.

I doubt she will be her own, that looks pretty fake. We know for a fact she is in Legion, you do a damn quest where you see her. She is going to be in 7.2

7+ Year Old Account
    I doubt she will be her own, that looks pretty fake. We know for a fact she is in Legion, you do a damn quest where you see her. She is going to be in 7.2
    There's a quest in Cata darkshore where you see her vs Malf but you still don't battle her in a raid.
    And Cata had way more old god influence in it (Azshara is connected to the old god that corrupted Deathwing, N'zoth).

And about the picture, you obviously haven't been on the forums last July/August...

I did a quest earlier today that she was in. A level 19 quest in Darkshore (Cataclysm). She literally appears right in front of you and has a little chat with Malfurion. Forgot what it was called. So... that's as far as your theory goes. Not that she can't show up in 7.2, it's just that your argument is invalid.

Edit: Shadochi beat me to eat because I was trying to write an original comment ^^"

Favorite kind of expansion : Something Void based with the addition of the Ethereal race

Worst kind of expansion: Something Troll-based with the addition of pirates (some people suggested this and I cringed like hell)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I did a quest earlier today that she was in. A level 19 quest in Darkshore (Cataclysm). She literally appears right in front of you and has a little chat with Malfurion. Forgot what it was called. So... that's as far as your theory goes. Not that she can't show up in 7.2, it's just that your argument is invalid.

Edit: Shadochi beat me to eat because I was trying to write an original comment ^^"
    I mean, it's not that I don't want to see her, I just don't want her to be a content patch in a Burning Legion expansion.

She would be better off in an expansion related to her and N'zoth/the void lords prequel.
    With the feedback from Vashj'ir and some more improvements, they could probably pull an underwater zone a bit better(ofc not all zones, just 1).