Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Why though? They have literally no impact on the game for 99% of the time you're logged in. WHY do you want them?
    None of the cosmetic items have any impact on the game, at all. I want them for the same reason I want skins.

Do I think anyone cares when they see me in my legendary Ana skin? No. I care because I think it looks neat. Even if I can't see it outside of the few times someone's kill cam on me gets close enough to let me see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    None of the cosmetic items have any impact on the game, at all. I want them for the same reason I want skins.
    I want skins to look better in-game. Icons have no impact on how I look in-game.
    Come with a compelling argument for why you want the icons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want skins to look better in-game. Icons have no impact on how I look in-game.
    And? None of this matters. You just keep moving goalposts.

Come with a compelling argument for why you want the icons.
    Why? I do. That's all that matters. 1 part "I need all the things", 1 part wanting it to look "right" in Competitive.

Other than the one skin I want for a hero, why do the OTHER skins "matter", by that same argument? Because I'm not the only person in the world, and I know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And? None of this matters. You just keep moving goalposts.

Why? I do. That's all that matters. 1 part "I need all the things", 1 part wanting it to look "right" in Competitive.

Other than the one skin I want for a hero, why do the OTHER skins "matter", by that same argument? Because I'm not the only person in the world, and I know that.
    I've quite clearly had my goalposts set at the point called "You can buy any cosmetic you want" the entire time. With the important words being "any" and "want", with the added clause that they haven't been clearly distinguished before they launched. That's where my goalposts have been the entire time.
    I'm just trying to understand why you'd want something as meaningless as an icon. I don't even remember that you can see other peoples icons in comp, that's how little they matter to me. And yes, I'm sorry that I don't quite grasp different peoples feelings, but I am unable to due to various issues

#overwatchplayerscosmticsmatter

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Imagine if the WoW community went this apeshit over stuff like challenge mode transmog rewards.

Yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Imagine if the WoW community went this apeshit over stuff like challenge mode transmog rewards.

Yikes.
    Oh, you mean like they did..?

Why though? You don't see it for 95% of the time you play. No one else will see your player icon.
    Elaborate on why it makes you happier
    you don't see your character for 95% of the time you play and yet you're still trying to argue for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    you don't see your character for 95% of the time you play and yet you're still trying to argue for that
    I see my weapon. That's part of the skin

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you mean like they did..?
    I've seen some complaints but nothing to the extend of what I see on Overwatch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The lie was mostly from this quote on the Blizzard site.

I said it before; if we can be insane picky about words, does it say Loot Boxes. Not Summer Game Loot Boxes. See, there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've quite clearly had my goalposts set at the point called "You can buy any cosmetic you want" the entire time.
    Which is indefensible, since it's not what Blizzard said, and has at no point in this game's lifespan been true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    I said it before; if we can be insane picky about words, does it say Loot Boxes. Not Summer Game Loot Boxes. See, there you go.
    I actually read that as "any specific cosmetics you want that are available for purchase". I think it's just bad wording on Blizzard's end. And even if it wasn't, logic dictates that anything that's currently applicable can change. And behold, they changed it. The world is ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people still riding the "Let's make Blizzard out to be Hitler campaign" still. *nods head in shame*
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Are people still riding the "Let's make Blizzard out to be Hitler campaign" still. *nods head in shame*
    Entitlement is the key word here.

I see my weapon. That's part of the skin
    That's like 2% of the skin, but sure. You're arguing badly, and when I use the same argument against you, you pick something else to argue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    That's like 2% of the skin, but sure. You're arguing badly, and when I use the same argument against you, you pick something else to argue.
    He's still salty he can't look at his USA colored McCree gun, give him some time to rehab.

I'm trying to understand why you would want something as meaningless as an Ugly, Olympic themed skin. I feel like the silliness takes me out of the game and I don't like it at all. On the other hand, I would pay so much money for the Horde player icon compared to ANY of the other skins that I currently do not have. It doesn't matter WHY it is important to other players. The entire point is that I cannot buy it with in game currency, much like you cannot buy whatever "seasonal item it is that you want with in game currency. I don't make thousand page forum posts because I can't purchase a COSMETIC ITEM that has been in the game SINCE LAUNCH, even though if I twist the wording of a single line in a Blizzard policy, I can make myself into a victim and demonize the company for not getting what I want. You know what I do? I keep playing the fucking game.

Oh no broken video game promises. The world is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Oh no broken video game promises. The world is awful.
    I wish people were more passionate about things that actually mattered.