Thread: Yugioh Thread

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    In one of the latest eps of Arc V, Yuya uses his duel disk thing to check his opponents card effect. So maybe not all of them have that?
    Duke's Dungeon Dice game had that option. Guess he's a better designer than Kaiba.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    So YuGiOh was one of those things I missed as a kid, and I recently found they have the entire original series on Hulu. I've been slowly watching them, catching an episode here and there when I have had the time. I wish I had seen this as a kid as I am sure some of the "drama" is lost on me now. But I like it so far, even though it seems the perfect card is always pulled and rules are made up on the spot lol Probably could make a really good drinking game.
    You should check out the abridged series, it points out all the contrivances and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Duke's Dungeon Dice game had that option. Guess he's a better designer than Kaiba.
    You know, I always wanted to play dungeon dice monsters. They made the irl version, but it was limited and never caught on.

You know, I always wanted to play dungeon dice monsters. They made the irl version, but it was limited and never caught on.
    I actually still have Dungeon Dice monsters, got a couple packs for more stuff. It was an annoying game to not mess up in, and by that I mean accidentally hit pieces and mess the game up.

I preferred Hecatomb to it, and that only last two sets.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Now it's time for this year's episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged

I like how LittleKuriboh decided to use a female's voice for Mai at the same time in the story her voice went from cool and gruff to "what the fuck?"

he did the same thing with tristan when tristan's voice actor changed in the english dub or whatever

Ya, I think that is his GF who is also a professional voice actress doing Mai now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, I think that is his GF who is also a professional voice actress doing Mai now.
    Nah, BoobsMcBalrog does Mai now, who isn't his wife. I am quite surprised that Raphael is his voice though.

RIP duelingnetwork and YGOPRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    RIP duelingnetwork and YGOPRO
    More like RIP yugioh in general. Without such platforms, this community will be a fraction of the size. They are responsible for thousands of people getting back into the game! Konami really is shooting themselves in the foot with this. They need to come out with a platform of their own SOON and it needs to be good. Make it like Pokemon TCGonline.

More like RIP yugioh in general. Without such platforms, this community will be a fraction of the size. They are responsible for thousands of people getting back into the game! Konami really is shooting themselves in the foot with this. They need to come out with a platform of their own SOON and it needs to be good. Make it like Pokemon TCGonline.
    Given Konami's recent track record this isn't surprising at all

something is wrong...
    ygotas 70 is out only a month since the last episode...

@ DDM, I played the GBA(I think) game and iirc one match took like a jillion years to finish. it was cool and boring at the same time :/
    Last edited by rarhyx; 2016-08-20 at 08:12 PM.

I am not involved into the metagame in Yugioh. What are the current archetypes that are running rampant?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I am not involved into the metagame in Yugioh. What are the current archetypes that are running rampant?
    Well, we are probably gonna get a new banlist in a week or 2, but currently the TCG meta looks like this:

PK Fire (Phantom Knights + Burning Abyss)
    Kozmo
    Monarchs (both domain and extra deck)
    Pendulum (usually a variant of performapals with either the dracos and/or odd eyes magicians)
    Qliphort (using card of demise)

But expect some if not all of them to get hit relatively soon with the mega tin reprints and worlds happening this weekend

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ya, and Blue Eyes are pretty good now too. Another hyped deck is metalfoes from the most recent set and ABCs are in a future set.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2016-08-21 at 12:32 AM.

Ok, nothing I am not aware of. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Ok, nothing I am not aware of. Thank you!
    but as I said, it could all change in a few weeks when we get the new banlist.

but as I said, it could all change in a few weeks when we get the new banlist.
    Thought Konami said they were not changing anything on the banlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro is dead too?

Awww I recently found out the fate of DN when I tried to log back in

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Pro is dead too?

Awww I recently found out the fate of DN when I tried to log back in
    Devpro is still up I think and if u already have Ygopro it still updates

10+ Year Old Account
    Devpro is still up I think and if u already have Ygopro it still updates
    eh I just wanted to look at the new art works with DN. Didnt have Ygopro

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    So YuGiOh was one of those things I missed as a kid, and I recently found they have the entire original series on Hulu. I've been slowly watching them, catching an episode here and there when I have had the time. I wish I had seen this as a kid as I am sure some of the "drama" is lost on me now. But I like it so far, even though it seems the perfect card is always pulled and rules are made up on the spot lol Probably could make a really good drinking game.
    Did a drinking game with shots when people lost monsters or life points. Never, ever, ever again. (God damn nimble momongas)

I've always said that the best way to rekindle Yu-Gi-Oh would be to increase the powers of cards that are already irrelevant. Of course that would require a revamp of sorts, but if you could summon Gate Guardian in real life, that should have had the Exodia win mechanism. Because nobody can do it! So nobody would still make that deck, but that deck could still be played at the same time.

Thought Konami said they were not changing anything on the banlist
    Has the banlist finally been set in stone? The main reason I left was because it rotates every 6 months and I wasn't interested in taking out mirror force and putting it back in every 6 months, just like heavy storm and black luster soldier etc.