Poll: Does exclusivity make a better game?

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Exclusivity is key in MMOs. Too bad Blizzard doesn't understand this and is listening to the casual crybabies.
    Or Blizzard is just aware those guys pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Or Blizzard is just aware those guys pay the bills.
    The non-casual crybabies don't pay their bills?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    If you have a mouthbreader version for everykind of content, people gonna burn through it without the need to getting better. Means blizzard can not put enough content out because people can only do and want faceroll content so the consume time is totally extreme. Which means less subs, which means blizz dont like it

so yeah
    I bet you think before LFR 90% of the playerbase did raids don't ya....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Gating content was nice, but the only exact reason it wasn't was shitty enough to ruin it.

Pooling 24 players together for something they've already done a thousand times before, to make 1 player eligible to participate in the content they wish they were doing instead. Every week.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am against exclusivity. That isn't to say I am against Mythic because you can always go back later on. But things like the Black/Plagued Proto Drake and even the Amani War Bear. If something is going to be exclusive it should just be a time based exclusivity. Like the the system behind the Legendary Cloak/Ring where you have to work for many weeks to get access to the Legendary Item. I don't like they are removing it when the expansion is released. It would be enough if they had some sort of Cutting Edge achievement for getting it when it was current. I am also against the Challenge Mode titles (not the one for completing all on Bronze) because those were ridiculous. You had to do it on day one for a second past the Gold Timer to get the title otherwise it is too late because the hardcore people will put a 15min Gold timer to 3min. I am refering to the end of the expansion title, not the temporary one that goes away at the end. Temporary titles I am okay with for people to display their pride with while it is current.

no i didnt, and if you are not stupid you dont think it either because nothing suggest that

If someone doesnt want to raid, he doesnt want to raid

if you make a mouthbreader version for it (lfr) they burn thorugh it in a couple of weeks (because there is no challange, you get buffed for dieng for fuck sake) and then get not content for non raiders at all = wod
    You realize that (Mouthbreader Version) you talk about takes around 3 months to fully unlock right? Look at how far into Legion its going to take for wing 1 to open. Any raider worth there weight will ether clear NM before LFR is fully open or at lease halfway cleared it.

That is why ur argument holds no weight.

The other part that ruins your argument is the fact if people had nothing to do they would unsub anyway.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

It'd give people something to strive towards... instead of leaving themselves stagnating at LFR difficulty and claiming they're raiders and don't bother with Normal+ because they've "done it all already".

While I wouldn't on everything, just a select few things.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-08-21 at 10:19 PM.

Yeah, and? does that somehow effect how they burn thorugh content? no? ok
    Ummmm yes.

If its open all on day one they finish it all on day one, If it opens 3 months later that is 3 months they may be subbed.

Last checked 90 days is more then 1 day.

We get it you hate casuals, go make ur MMO and show blizzard how its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Behold...the Burning Crusade Attunement chart for raids so oldschool

Seriously, who can say TBC was casual? You guys are insane. Or this game called EQ was something completely stupid.
    Campared to today's standards TBC was pretty hardcore.
    Some circles in this chart took weeks. This is content for Months.
    WoW's existence as "the" premiere casual MMO is because of how easy it's leveling experience was comparatively, how death had virtually no punishment, and how almost everything is instanced.

To be entirely honest, yes, things like EQ were stupid. They were absurd grinds, clunky, and prohibitively not fun in a mind numbingly bad and tedious way.

But WoW is still, comparatively, way more casual. Remember, there's more things than just top end raiding being considered here. (Even then... remember this: EQ's raids weren't instanced and dying could result in like.. down leveling or something. In fact, down leveling/negative experience was very common in most old pre-WoW MMO's.)

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    (Even then... remember this: EQ's raids weren't instanced and dying could result in like.. down leveling or something.)
    Would infact result in a de-level, Professions also could kill you and you could lose loot.

Hell even Classic WoW compared to Runescape makes wow more casual. In classic Runescape you outright could (and most did) lose all your gear when you died.

WoW has always been the casual MMO compared to everything else. Anyone to believes different is ether a idiot or never played a MMO before WoW.

Exclusivity is great. That's why Wildstar did so well. /sarcasm

Exclusivity is poison. Game designers care far too much what the elite fringe will think of them, when they should care what the average player thinks.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

nice ignoring the other points if you are out of arguments
    I ignored ur other points because I already proved them wrong.

Like I said go show blizzard how its done and make your multi-billion dollar MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I bet you think before LFR 90% of the playerbase did raids don't ya....
    According to MoP statistics 70% of players do LFR
    But that's more or less the % of people who entered Karazan. Karazan is a raid that everyone and their mother was able to see and experience.

The problem was that no one could see the last boss for lack of skill, time, commitment etc

The thing is in Legion there is plenty of things to do out of raids. Hell a world drop have the potential to have Mythic item level according to Blizzard.
    And "LFR only" players have no interest in raiding so why are they doing a wannabe version of a raid?

Is it worth it to have LFR in the game for people who don't want to raid in the first place? I don't know anymore.
    If they do it only to see the story (which is a pathetic excuse but whatever) they will only do it once.

I don't know man...i quited hating on LFR a long time ago. But this days i'm hating on it again
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-08-21 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    According to MoP statistics 70% of players do LFR
    But that's more or less the % of people who entered Karazan. Karazan is a raid that everyone and their mother was able to see and experience.
    You got data to back up that 70% of the playbase entered karazon (and killed a boss)?

and again ignored the other points, here is someone who is very good at doging.

Nope, blizzard seems to like my ideas, 3 dungeons alredy cater to "hardcore tryhard elitist", if you want flying you gonna earn it and mhytic + obselats any inferior difficlty even more.
    Right blizzard totally loves your idea's.

Isn't like....
    1) Legendarys can drop from almost anywhere
    2) LFR is getting tier again
    3) You can reach Mythic Ilvl on gear doing dam near anything.

None of those are casual features at all Your 3 dungeons and flying doesn't trump.....THE REST OF THE EXPANSION.

- - - Updated - - -

that story excuse is bullshit, people like jtbrig whined like forever because lfr stopped dropping tier gear
    The salt is soooooo good from you.

Well giving people free loot aint working everyone needs goals

all of this tier drops are determined through rng so you must play a absurdely ammount of time to get a chance for it by mathemitcs. Blizzard themself stated on their stream this week, its literary impossible to get the best gear on more then ONE spot through low level content

so you literary dont know what casual means, dont you? Again, casual means you have less time to play the game.

Only because you suck at this game, you can not make your own definition of casual player. Its not casual at all what you described, its acutally anticasual.
    Ummm no it doesn't LOL.

ca·su·al
    ˈkaZHo͞oəl/Submit
    adjective
    relaxed and unconcerned.
    "she regarded his affairs with a casual indulgence"
    synonyms: relaxed, friendly, informal, unceremonious, easygoing, free and easy; informallaid-back
    "the inn's casual atmosphere"
    not regular or permanent, in particular.
    synonyms: temporary, part-time, freelance, impermanent, irregular, occasional
    "casual work"
    noun
    a person who does something irregularly.
    "a number of casuals became regular customers"
    clothes or shoes suitable for everyday wear rather than formal occasions.
    Can't change what things mean to fit your argument sorry. By ur logic I am the most hardcore player on these forms because I can clock in 12hr+ a day 7 days a week.

Only one making there own definition is you.

Edit: Ill sit here enjoy legion and all the "casual" content and as a bonus ill enjoy your salt.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-21 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Exclusivity is great. That's why Wildstar did so well. /sarcasm

Exclusivity is poison. Game designers care far too much what the elite fringe will think of them, when they should care what the average player thinks.
    I might be average and I'm astounded by how many things we could do are literally impossible as a couple for simple, impossible to circumnavigate reasons.

Like leveling archeology together.

If we're going by science specifically. Yes it does. Never been used in the context of games but there's been significant research on why lower class citizens buy expensive things that give them higher status. The same can be applied to WoW, with more difficult content the less skilled can still have something to look to achieve. People often don't realize their own limits, which is one reason why humans in general are so "successful".

Yes. Not debatable.