10+ Year Old Account
    The day they announce this thing is going to be the best day for team popcorn.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/...e-ps4-version/

It's probably not leaving Japan, but Square Enix has confirmed Dragon Quest X is being developed for the NX.

- - - Updated - - -

Reconfirm ed, I mean.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1261569&page=2

Patent for accessories to use infrared tech to read button presses instead of having an electrical connection.

Here's concept art of the tech connected to the device.

- - - Updated - - -

Eurogamer article looking more and more confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

"I was just listening to the NVC podcast and Jose Otero off hand mentions the Eurogamer rumor in regards to their "source" that people keep throwing around as verifying Eurogamers sources and here are his exact words:

34:36

https://youtu.be/sLDpJJpk3so

"We heard that those two pieces will come together to sort of form a controller for you to hold, essentially. We never got another source to back that up, so we never ran that story." "It was also a secondhand source, just putting it out there for folks."

Secondhand rumor with no other confirmation, that also contradicts Eurogamer's assertion that the detachable controllers are for multiplayer.

And this is the only site that seems to comment on that part of the rumor at all."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...ostcount=13502

also heres some mockups by https://twitter.com/CartridgeGames that shows what the nx might look like

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's August and people still think Zelda is a launch title? LMAO.

It's not a launch title, stop getting your hopes up for disappointment. Nintendo never even hinted at it being a launch title only people making shit up in their own head.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't even know that. That was just some random rumor mill shit. Not something from Nintendo.

If Zelda doesn't come out at the end of May, then it will be November. Nintendo isn't going to release a major title in the middle of the summer where they typically use smaller titles to fill the gap. It will either be their major spring release for 2017 or their major holiday release for 2017.
    These days, they are starting to run out of smaller titles to fill the gap. The Wii U might as well not even be on store shelves at this point, even with Zelda coming out for it, which won't be until next year anyway, there is no reason to buy it or the game for that platform when the definitive version is likely going to be the NX version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    there is no reason to buy it or the game for that platform when the definitive version is likely going to be the NX version.
    Highly doubtful when the NX is mobile hardware what has to stay below 7w power draw. The Wii U version was already chugging with drops down to 20 fps in the e3 demo, the NX version might end up being as ugly as Xenoblade 3D to get it to run on the severely underclocked mobile hardware.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-08-21 at 10:54 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Hyped for that one!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually no longer planning on buying the NX, or supporting Nintendo in any way, due to the way they've acted against fan projects lately. Nintendo is now on my boycott list next to Konami unless they change their ways. I hope the NX fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I'm actually no longer planning on buying the NX, or supporting Nintendo in any way, due to the way they've acted against fan projects lately. Nintendo is now on my boycott list next to Konami unless they change their ways. I hope the NX fails.
    If you don't protect your IPs you can lose them.

What happens when Nintendo doesn't take down fan projects and 10 fan projects later the creator is arguing ownership of the IP in court?

You can make fan made inspired games without using the actual IP, it's not hard. The only persons to blame are the idiots who think they can get away with it and Nintendo isn't going to send a C&D.

Thinking any company is going to allow you to use their IP without permission is LULz worthy, you should be boycotting the entire world right now.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-08-22 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame all the gaming press for Pokemon Uranium getting shut down. People have been making Pokemon Rom Hacks and fan games for over a decade. But since Pokemon GO is the new hotness everyone just felt the need to report on this and lo and behold it got shut down.

Luckily I downloaded it already.

Pokemon Uranium didn't get shut down, sites that were hosting the download got hit with cease and desists.

AM2RM would've probably been the same way if it was a complete remake and rather a new game with updated sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I blame all the gaming press for Pokemon Uranium getting shut down. People have been making Pokemon Rom Hacks and fan games for over a decade. But since Pokemon GO is the new hotness everyone just felt the need to report on this and lo and behold it got shut down.

Luckily I downloaded it already.
    Pretty much like that Nostramus vanilla server. People talked about it all the time and they were somehow surprised when it got shut down.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can make fan made inspired games without using the actual IP, it's not hard. The only persons to blame are the idiots who think they can get away with it and Nintendo isn't going to send a C&D.
    This is the thing that boggles my mind. Rom Hacks and mods are one thing, but why would someone invest hundreds of hours into a project that will never be considered "official" in any way shape or form, run the risk of having to skirt around legal matters at all times and in the end produce something that for all purposes more or less just doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things?

Why not take the main inspiration of the game you like and the elements of it that you enjoy and make a new original title that can stand on its own, you could legally distribute and potentially create your own legacy with? That's essentially what Undertale is, a more thought-out fan-adaption of EarthBound that even had its earliest incarnations as a romhack of it. Thats why I cant really understand why fans are working on a Mother 4 game. Why does it have to be a Mother title, the series is loose enough that it could just be released as its own thing.

I get the idea of fans wanting to make their own Mario levels or Pokemon games and what not, but if you are going to HEAVILY invest such time and resources into something major like that, why would one even consider running the risk of having their finished product basically slammed into the ground as soon as its released when you can just modify it just enough that it becomes an homage or spiritual successor to the original?

Mother 4(if it's ever finished) won't be taken down though. They actually have permission from Itoi and Hal(who owns the mother IP, not Nintendo) to make it as long as they don't try to sell it.

Those guys actually went about it the right way, not just developing and releasing a game before ever asking the owner's permission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mother 4(if it's ever finished) won't be taken down though. They actually have permission from Itoi and Hal(who owns the mother IP, not Nintendo) to make it as long as they don't try to sell it.

Those guys actually went about it the right way, not just developing and releasing a game before ever asking the owner's permission.
    Yeah I recall that, but I still don't see what the point of it is personally. Unless they plan on directly referencing the previous games, there is no reason it HAS to be Mother 4 (other then for hype) in the same way Undertale, YIIK and Citizens of Earth didn't have to be Mother 4. I just don't understand why they wouldn't just try to make their own thing instead of releasing a finished product they clearly put many hours of work into, but can never obtain any kind of financial return on and would more or less become pointless if (in the slimmest of slim impossibly unlikely scenario) an actual official 4th game did get released (doesn't mean Itoi would have had to work on it).

Also they don't have permission directly (as far as I am aware) from Itoi on the project. It was more a blanket statement he made on the future of the series and that he would not work on future titles, but would enjoy playing a new game in the future and that the "legacy" of the series or more or less what the true Mother 4 would be is just a persons day to day real life outside of a video game.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2016-08-23 at 04:32 AM.

You're right, undertale would have to be a good game for it to be considered a mother game

Not that Mother 4 will be good, fan games are usually even worse then inspired indy games.

You're right, undertale would have to be a good game for it to be considered a mother game

Not that Mother 4 will be good, fan games are usually even worse then inspired indy games.
    Trigger alert.

So still pretty much only rumors around the NX though eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Trigger alert.

So still pretty much only rumors around the NX though eh?
    Outside of games, the only official things we know about the NX are it's a Nintendo developed gaming system launching March 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Current announced games are Dragon Quest X and XI, Just Dance 2017, Zelda:Breath of the Wild, Sonic 2017, and a few indies games I can't seem to find the names of.

- - - Updated - - -

We also have a bit of history to go by. The Wii U's launch date and price announcement were on September 13th, 2012 with the invites for the event coming out on August 22nd.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind, Nintendo has been breaking their past history with the NX, so...

Current announced games are Dragon Quest X and XI, Just Dance 2017, Zelda:Breath of the Wild, Sonic 2017
    So far this is worse than the WiiU line up. The only saving grace is Zelda but you can get that for WiiU too so???
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.