Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Those poor Feds, not being able to blow away white people with zero repercussions after entrapment.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not lost on me that the left was foaming at the mouth wanting the BLM standoff to end with the massacre of the armed citizens.
    It's only fair in thier eyes since that what they think whites do to minorites...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It's only fair in thier eyes since that what they think whites do to minorites...
    Well, the thing is, white nationalist influence is massively exaggerated, with SPLC acting like there's a white nationalist org under every black man's bed.

Meanwhile, in Milwaukee black people involved in rioting were and probably still hunting down white people, just like in the LA Riots.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Well he wasn't really a criminal. It was a case of the government overstepping their bounds. Hence the lawsuits they lost.
    Didn't he shoot at the police?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    wiki: At the trial that followed, Weaver was ultimately acquitted of all charges except missing his original court date and violating his bail conditions, for which he was sentenced to 18 months and fined $10,000.

He was a criminal indeed. But you're wondering why people remember this. And it's not because he's a criminal for missing a court date.
    He was acquitted and was compensated for every major charge. The original weapons charge was ruled as entrapment. It also is a major event for militia organizations, becoming a icon of government overreach, and forcing changes within the authorities to better handle sieges through negotiation rather than being trigger happy. Also, the mishandling of this event, along with Waco, was the motivation for a big domestic terrorist attack in 1995. And is the subject of analysis within the context of nationalism, white supremacy and extreme/radical right.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-08-21 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    wiki: At the trial that followed, Weaver was ultimately acquitted of all charges except missing his original court date and violating his bail conditions, for which he was sentenced to 18 months and fined $10,000.

He was a criminal indeed. But you're wondering why people remember this. And it's not because he's a criminal for missing a court date.
    He was acquitted and was compensated for every major charge. The original weapons charge was ruled as entrapment. It also is a major event for militia organizations, becoming a icon of government overreach, and forcing changes within the authorities to better handle sieges through negotiation rather than being trigger happy.
    Yeah, I read that. Shooting at police is not something that should be celebrated however.
    Sorry about his wife and kid but he got off way too easy by the sound of it.

Yeah, I read that. Shooting at police is not something that should be celebrated however.
    Sorry about his wife and kid but he got off way too easy by the sound of it.
    The takeaway is that if you're the feds and don't want your agents to get shot, don't entrap people.
    I don't know anyone that celebrates it. But I do personally know -wish I didn't- a couple nuts that consider them martyrs.

The takeaway is that if you're the feds and don't want your agents to get shot, don't entrap people.
    I don't know anyone that celebrates it. But I do personally know -wish I didn't- a couple nuts that consider them martyrs.
    Rather they did that than let them get away and hurt innocent people.
    But hey, there are people who think suicide bombers are marthyrs.

He was acquitted and was compensated for every major charge.
    While realizing that it's not the point of your post, I think it's important to note that there's no way to meaningfully compensate a man for gunning down his wife and son. It's really hard to overstate this point. Monetary remuneration and apology don't really cut it.

- - - Updated - - -

As near as I can tell, the only innocent people harmed were the Weavers. Had they not been antagonized by the feds, they seem to have been entirely inclined to live in isolation. It took this to get a different outcome:
    At one point, Roderick threw two rocks at the Weaver cabin to test the reaction of the dogs.[32] The action provoked the dogs, and Weaver's friend Kevin Harris, and Weaver's 14-year-old son, Samuel, emerged and followed the dog Striker to investigate.[2] Harris and the younger Weaver were hoping that the dog had noticed a game animal since the cabin was out of meat.[33] Sammy Weaver told his father he believed the dogs had sensed either a large animal or a man in the woods. The Recon team marshals (Roderick, Cooper and Degan) initially retreated through the woods in radio contact with the OP team, but later took up hidden defensive positions.
    It takes a cold blooded motherfucker to throw rocks at a house to test the defenses then stake out a position to kill the dog and kid from.

Hey now, White Supremacist Lives Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, 824 years ago on this day, Minamoto no Yoritomo become Seii Tai Shōgun and by extent the de facto ruler of Japan

This is fun. Are we going to do this every day?
    Obviously only on anniversaries of events that are relevant to our ideologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    14 days?!
    Boy that seems low. Should have been at least 8 committees spanning years by today's standards.
    That only happens if someone named clinton is involved

Well, the authorities did entrap him, which is illegal, and the authorities did kill innocent people. And this mishandling ended up inspiring a ~170 dead terror attack.
    I rather they didn't.

Mind you, I can understand the sentiment. At the time we had a similar thing going: Antiterrorist Liberation Groups (GAL). It wasn't against a couple nutjobs that simply wanted to live in isolation, but a fully fledged terrorist organization with hundreds of deaths on their hands. It didn't end well and is still to this day a highly controversial topic. Some people think anything goes against the "bad people", and some think we rather live in a state with rule according to higher law, and not become them.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-08-21 at 11:37 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

If I remember right, after they killed his child or wife he returned fire and killed the agent yes. He was acquitted of any wrong doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hey now, White Supremacist Lives Matter.
    I find it interesting that you think this is a humorous thing to write. Would you say that lives don't matter if they happen to be the lives of people that think things that you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    He wants more insurrections to happen so the "true patriots" come out. Like the dumbasses in Waco, Ruby Ridge, and the Oregon wildlife refuge building people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He wants more insurrections to happen so the "true patriots" come out. Like the dumbasses in Waco, Ruby Ridge, and the Oregon wildlife refuge building people.
    Can you show me where Weaver was trying to be a "true patriot" ?

Can you show me where Weaver was trying to be a "true patriot" ?
    By opposing the federal government obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While realizing that it's not the point of your post, I think it's important to note that there's no way to meaningfully compensate a man for gunning down his wife and son. It's really hard to overstate this point. Monetary remuneration and apology don't really cut it.
    I wholeheartedly agree, as you can imagine. Of course, some others will label it as "collateral". Alas, what little we can do as a state is to make the reasonable reforms to ensure it doesn't happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    By opposing the federal government obviously.

Lol... at best you could call them doomsdayers. They thought the apocalypse was coming and wanted to get away from civilization.

Weaver isn't really comparable to the others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Weaver
    The couple began to harbor more fundamentalist beliefs, with Vicki believing that the apocalypse was imminent.[6] To follow Vicki's vision of her family surviving the apocalypse away from "corrupt civilization", the Weaver family moved to a 20-acre (8.1-hectare) property in remote Ruby Ridge, Idaho, and built a cabin there in the early 1980s.[5] They paid $5,000 in cash and traded their moving truck for the land, valued at $500 an acre.[7]

Lol... at best you could call them doomsdayers. They thought the apocalypse was coming and wanted to get away from civilization.

If you couldn't tell, it was sarcasm. I hope you weren't taking me seriously. These cult members and militia people deserved everything they got.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Anyone can be nationalists. Race has fuck all to do with this. Fucking race baiting bullshit.
    Race has a lot to do with this. This isn't a momentous event for black nationalists, but it is a momentous event for white nationalists. If someone brings up Malcolm X, do you piss and moan that we shouldn't talk about race when discussing his legacy. The only reason this thread exists and anyone gives a shit about Ruby Ridge is because of how the memory of the event has played so heavily into the white nationalist movement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Those poor Feds, not being able to blow away white people with zero repercussions after entrapment.

It is not lost on me that the left was foaming at the mouth wanting the BLM standoff to end with the massacre of the armed citizens.
    The firefight started because, after being confronted by US Marshalls executing a warrant for his arrest, Weaver's family came out with weaponry to engage in a firefight. Only in the deluded world of the paranoid white nationalist is that some kind of persecution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

- - - Updated - - -

As near as I can tell, the only innocent people harmed were the Weavers. Had they not been antagonized by the feds, they seem to have been entirely inclined to live in isolation. It took this to get a different outcome:

It takes a cold blooded motherfucker to throw rocks at a house to test the defenses then stake out a position to kill the dog and kid from.
    Yeah, except that's not what happened. There was no shooting until Weaver retreated from the Marshals and then his family came out armed.

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason he ever became involved with the federal government is because an undercover ATF agent met him.... at an Aryan Nations rally.