Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    *SNIP*
    That's really interesting. I would have thought I would hear that before now given that any paladin vs. warlock match could have done that, but likely not often they would have repentance in play that late in the game and not be dead vs. handlock. Hrm. Interesting. That's one of the more devastating interactions if you are that warlock.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing my Renounce deck feat Yogg, was getting pasted by a shaman after I Renounced into Mage and got nothing but cheap freeze and rubbish like Arc Explosion.

Then finally Yogg draws, and I dump all the 0-cost crap in my hand and YOLO it. I get a beautiful Yogg that clears his board, sets me up with an Ice Barrier and Noble Sac, and Shadowsteps himself.

So I do it again next turn and get another great result. I went on to win.

He added me for salt after - "you only won from pure RNG"

No shit buddy

I am playing a Renounce deck

With Yogg.

You literally can't get any more RNG.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Playing my Renounce deck feat Yogg, was getting pasted by a shaman after I Renounced into Mage and got nothing but cheap freeze and rubbish like Arc Explosion.

Then finally Yogg draws, and I dump all the 0-cost crap in my hand and YOLO it. I get a beautiful Yogg that clears his board, sets me up with an Ice Barrier and Noble Sac, and Shadowsteps himself.

So I do it again next turn and get another great result. I went on to win.

He added me for salt after - "you only won from pure RNG"

No shit buddy

I am playing a Renounce deck

With Yogg.

You literally can't get any more RNG.
    I love when people complain about someone winning because of rng. HS is ruled by rng before the first turn even rolls around. You could try and mulligan perfectly and get four of the most expensive cards in your deck, causing you to lose to awful curve. Every card game is rng lol.

I was playing a friend when my Yogg played snipe, mirror entity and repentance in that order. My opponent plays an azure drake, it gets shot down to 0 health, copied and then set to 1 health, so my copy dies and his is still up with 1 health
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget Yogg,

Brann + Master of Evolution + Evolve > Tundra Rhino + The Beast

Had a windfury in hand for 20 damage lethal in a game I had no business winning whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I love when people complain about someone winning because of rng. HS is ruled by rng before the first turn even rolls around. You could try and mulligan perfectly and get four of the most expensive cards in your deck, causing you to lose to awful curve. Every card game is rng lol.
    Yes and no.

On average a better player will win against a worse player. For example, if you play right now 100 games against a top 100 HS player(with both having access to all cards, without there being any handicap for either, etc), he will win at least 90% of those games. It will not even be close.

If your entire gameplan is RNG take the wheel, you sort of deserve to lose. Yog as a card is not an RNG take the wheel card card. On average a 10-16 spells casted Yogg will be positive(he will clear the board/draw cards/etc). On average a 20+ spells casted Yogg will be negative (because in that many spells he will usually kill himself, destroy your hand, etc). On average a 5 spells casted Yogg is going to do nothing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, I think I just had one of the most hilarious games with Yogg. Managed to get one from a Raven Idol in the Tavern Brawl. Also managed to get Nozdormu on turn 10. Played C'thun based 4/2 on Turn 9, Nozdormu on turn 10, enemy paladin runs out of time and can only get down Argent Warhorse. I nuke Argent Warhorse with my 4/2, go face with Nozdormu and toss down Yogg. Yogg proceeds to nuke my enemy to 2 health, cast a whole bunch of shit, destroy my hand but gives me a card for which I got a Raven Idol drawn when played. Somewhere in the midst of it all, Yogg casts Curse of Rafam. Other players turn starts = death.

Playing Tavern Brawl yesterday. Got Yogg from an idol & completely smashed the shaman I was going against.

Yogg poisoned seeded the board (killing both of our 5/4's, Yogg, & a 2/2), gave an enemy treant +2/+6, Blood to Ichor one of my treants (giving me an ooze), damanged an emeny treant for 1 to give me a 1/1 hound, frost novaed the shaman, Call of the Wild for me, Cabalist's Tome (Giving me Fireball, Cone of Cold, & Vaporize), gave me explosive trap, mirror entity, another mage secret, and a pally secret.

Praise Yogg!

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing Tavern Brawl yesterday. Got Yogg from an idol & completely smashed the shaman I was going against.

Yogg poisoned seeded the board (killing both of our 5/4's, Yogg, & a 2/2), gave an enemy treant +2/+6, Blood to Ichor one of my treants (giving me an ooze), damanged an emeny treant for 1 to give me a 1/1 hound, frost novaed the shaman, Call of the Wild for me, Cabalist's Tome (Giving me Fireball, Cone of Cold, & Vaporize), gave me explosive trap, mirror entity, another mage secret, and a pally secret.

Praise Yogg!
    I had the opposite luck with Yogg vs a mage:

My Yogg cast 22 spells, several of which drew me into fatigue. After a ton of crap, my turn ended while it was still going.

Only THEN did Yogg get to the good shit - a CotW, Bloodlust, Rockbiter on Huffer, Windfury on Huffer. All this lovely lethal I can't swing with because my turn is over.

Mage Pyros my face and ends turn. I die to exact fatigue immediately.

=(

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting mechanic of Yogg I just found out. Killed my opponent's Sylvanas with a fireball that it casted, Sylvanas took my Yogg, opponent got the remainder of the spells Yogg had to cast. Not sure if this is well known or not considering how specific the situation is, but damn did it suck to see all those spells that should have been mine!

It's well known and working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just played a Priest. He had Deathwing and some other dragon on board, I played Yogg and it Entombed both of them and buffed my two minions. The priest then played Yogg and got nothing. Praise Yogg! Yogg taketh and Yogg giveth.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's on you. So long as the creatures were on the board at least. You could have attacked with them(and yourself as you'll go green as soon as you place Yogg if you'll be able to attack) before your turn ran out.
    CotW

Call Of The Wild

You try attacking with a Huffer that is summoned AFTER YOUR TURN HAS ENDED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I already said if it was already on the board then it's on you and it isn't if they weren't. You seem incredibly angry though. Calm down with the caps there mate.
    You're not understanding what he is saying. Yogg can cast enough spells on one turn that the rope will appear and will literally end your turn, but will continue to cast the spells and show the animations of additional spells that are being cast, all before your opponent's turn officially starts. If Huffer is summoned during this window you can't attack with it since your turn is technically over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing as a yogg mage versus a new secret hunter who has yogg in his deck. I get him down to 4 hp. He pops yogg and ends up with a mage secret on top of the 2 hunter secrets he already has up as well as hitting himself in the face with moonfire down to 3 hp and then the rogue tea that draws a card and gives you two extra copies. I pop my own yogg as his hp is so low and I don't have damaging spells. Very first spell is sinister strike which triggers his yogg given ice block. My yogg then gives itself a divine shield, breaks its own divine shield, immediately gives itself divine shield again and kills the 1/1 mastiff the hunter got from his yogg (and then proceeds to lose divine shield from snipe secret.

So what card did the hunter get 3 copies of? 3 mana 6 damage roaring torch (and I don't remember how the hell he got the initial torch to begin with). Enough to kill me. I think his yogg beat my yogg.

You're not understanding what he is saying. Yogg can cast enough spells on one turn that the rope will appear and will literally end your turn, but will continue to cast the spells and show the animations of additional spells that are being cast, all before your opponent's turn officially starts. If Huffer is summoned during this window you can't attack with it since your turn is technically over.
    You can attack with it while Yogg is still casting spells as long as it is green. If it's green it means it will survive Yogg's shenanigans. The same goes for if your hero gets a weapon or attack value. You *should* be able to do this even if you don't get Huffer or a weapon/attack value until after the rope has ended. You could when WotOG released. I don't know when/if/why they would change that.
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2016-08-15 at 01:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    You can attack with it while Yogg is still casting spells as long as it is green. If it's green it means it will survive Yogg's shenanigans. The same goes for if your hero gets a weapon or attack value. You *should* be able to do this even if you don't get Huffer or a weapon/attack value until after the rope has ended. You could when WotOG released. I don't know when/if/why they would change that.
    If a minion with charge spawns after rope has burned, you cannot input commands to it.

You also cannot input commands to a minion that has not been summoned

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp

Read my last sentence. What your saying has not been my experience but it hasn't happened to me recently so it very well could have been changed.

Deleted
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...e_hearthstone/

I'm pretty sure Yogg-Saron is getting competitively banned in the very near future.

There was a lot of variance in the past in terms of what would come out of Piloted Shredder ( Doomsayer was a fan favorite), but the average was always a minion with 3 dmg and 2 hp. There is just no acceptable average with Yogg Saron, specially in an <10 spells scenario at competitive level.

And this card will affect HS's Standard format for another year and a half. It should be a straight to Wild card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...e_hearthstone/

I'm pretty sure Yogg-Saron is getting competitively banned in the very near future.

There was a lot of variance in the past in terms of what would come out of Piloted Shredder ( Doomsayer was a fan favorite), but the average was always a minion with 3 dmg and 2 hp. There is just no acceptable average with Yogg Saron, specially in an <10 spells scenario at competitive level.

And this card will affect HS's Standard format for another year and a half. It should be a straight to Wild card.
    Honestly it is working as intended. It could have just killed him. This is the reason he put it in the deck. It has killed many people and has even been just worthless, when it actually comes out positive we should ban it? No.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose