Deleted

Remember Tony Two-Tusk?

For those who don't, he was a troll pirate in Thousand Needles after the Cataclysm, and he was killed by the player, and then resurrected through voodoo by his wife, with the help of the player.

Vol'jin was only recently made Warchief, barely had any character development, did nothing in WoD and died after the Broken Shore. Do you think we will see him resurrected through voodoo magic? It certainly is possible, so if we can so easily resurrect some no-name no-good pirate, why wouldn't we do it for Vol'jin? I think it would give his character some edge, turning him into someone who came back from the realm of the dead through voodoo magic. If left like this, his death just feels lame.

Deleted
    Fuck that quest.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. There are a lot of things like that in this game.

I was always a bit surprised that Liam Greymane never came back as a boss in Cata. In the worgen starting zone there's a quest line involving clearing the undead out of a graveyard, during which Liam is killed. Then there's a funeral where they bury him in that same undead infested graveyard. Is Genn trying to get his son death knighted?

Never happened though.

Deleted
    well we burnt his body so, to revive him we would need a new body too.

all I remember is the name of the quest reward sword.

ha. A deadlier weapon none has ever found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin has always had it good with the loa of death so I wouldn't be shocked if he somehow came back either as a spirit similar to the troll boss from MoP or something similar. Killing him off with almost 0 character development since he became warchief was kinda fail, so I'm hoping that there will be more to his story. Maybe Vol'jin is the soul Sylvannas is trying to rescue from Helya in the stormheim zone.

Doubt it, he gets BBQ'd, unless he comes back as an ash elemental.

The honest best we can hope for is him coming back as a loa.

My personal theory is that the loa suggests sylvanas as warchief because he knows she can bring voljin back with her undead voodoo shit, and i know she has some involvement in the shadowlands this xpac, it could lead to something involving voljins spirit

If not, wow that was incredibly underwhelming

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the obvious explanations would be that Vol'jin has a big hole made by a fel weapon in his stomach. Not sure some little vodoo magic would help with the fel infestation.

There would be no reason to kill off Vol'jin if they were just gonna bring him back. Any impact (if there is any to begin with) his death made would be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    There would be no reason to kill off Vol'jin if they were just gonna bring him back. Any impact (if there is any to begin with) his death made would be gone.
    It could be that his story was intended to progress in another direction than being the warchief. It serves even less purpose killing him off before anyone could give half a shit about him as warchief, why even bother making him warchief when they do literally nothing with him and kill him off immediately the first chance he gets to actually accomplish something? that is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Eh. There are a lot of things like that in this game.

I was always a bit surprised that Liam Greymane never came back as a boss in Cata. In the worgen starting zone there's a quest line involving clearing the undead out of a graveyard, during which Liam is killed. Then there's a funeral where they bury him in that same undead infested graveyard. Is Genn trying to get his son death knighted?

Never happened though.
    Liam died fighting Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    It could be that his story was intended to progress in another direction than being the warchief. It serves even less purpose killing him off before anyone could give half a shit about him as warchief, why even bother making him warchief when they do literally nothing with him and kill him off immediately the first chance he gets to actually accomplish something? that is bullshit.
    My guess is they wanted players to go "Oh shit, they killed the king of the Alliance and the warchief of the Horde, the Legion is really dangerous". The problem is Vol'jin wasn't developed enough so not many people give a shit about him dying.

Another reason might be they had no idea what to do with his character after he became warchief. Sylvanas has several angles of interesting story. The val'kyr, her desire for self-preservation, power plays, Genn Greymane, etc.

There are literally endless possibilites for anything to happen in the Warcraft universe, but most of them will always be disregarded/ignored so Blizzard could develop the story the way they want. Vol'jin could have been resurrected as a DK, in the same way Mandokir was, or simply brought back as a ghost, but for better or worse it's most likely not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Liam died fighting Sylvanas.
    Which makes the fact he wasn't forced into Undeath and turned into a boss even stranger.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Which makes the fact he wasn't forced into Undeath and turned into a boss even stranger.
    True, maybe she had moment of "shit I didn't mean to", but that would hurt Greymane so damn bad to think his son is now a puppet of the Dark Lady.

My guess is they wanted players to go "Oh shit, they killed the king of the Alliance and the warchief of the Horde, the Legion is really dangerous". The problem is Vol'jin wasn't developed enough so not many people give a shit about him dying.

Another reason might be they had no idea what to do with his character after he became warchief. Sylvanas has several angles of interesting story. The val'kyr, her desire for self-preservation, power plays, Genn Greymane, etc.
    yeah but the impact is lost when he did nothing to get people to care. if anything it detracts from varian, and is jsut an 'oh look you lost something too horde!' moment, which no genuine horde player gives half a shit about.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    True, maybe she had moment of "shit I didn't mean to", but that would hurt Greymane so damn bad to think his son is now a puppet of the Dark Lady.
    She did say "that arrow wasn't meant for you" or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    well we burnt his body so, to revive him we would need a new body too.
    We did that for Tony Two-Tusk too IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Vol'jin has always had it good with the loa of death so I wouldn't be shocked if he somehow came back either as a spirit similar to the troll boss from MoP or something similar. Killing him off with almost 0 character development since he became warchief was kinda fail, so I'm hoping that there will be more to his story. Maybe Vol'jin is the soul Sylvannas is trying to rescue from Helya in the stormheim zone.
    Man that would be sweet and actually make a lot of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that's kinda what they did with Illidan, isn't it?

You think Blizzard wouldn't resurrect characters? Merely a setback?

Except Illidan's death never had any impact because it was one of the dumbest things they'd ever done and Illidan was never a complete bad guy.

Well, even the lowliest of players can resurrect his comrades, but this doesn't matter in lore.
    Some characters live on as "ghosts", some disappear forever. Who knows what plans Blizzard has for Vol'jin?

But look at the track record of Blizzard's lore regarding Horde leaders:

Thrall : Lots of development and involvement. Still the most important character i Horde lore.
    Sylvanas : Lots of involvement, but no real development. I guess getting attention because of the huge fan base.

So far, so good?

Garrosh : "Let's make Grom 2.0, a redemption story" ........"nah, fuck it, make him pure evil all of a sudden, then kill him".
    Vol'jin : "Let's make Thrall 2.0, the good hearted leader's rise to power"......"nah, fuck it, let's just die pathetically just so we can focus on Sylvanas instead"
    Cairne : The second most important Horde leader in warcraft 3. Did absolutely nothing in WoW until he was killed in a book.
    Baine : Cairne 2.0...Does nothing on his own. Comes around to complain about various dangers and smacks a few faces now and then. Means nothing to the story.
    Lorthemar. They dragged him out of oblivion to give him a little attention in MoP. Now does nothing.

I can't even remember the name of the Goblin leader. Gallywix or something? What does that tell you?

My point is, don't expect that "important" characters will play a huge role in future content.
    Mother pus bucket!