Deleted

Dungeon scaling and healers : question

Hi there.

I read that in Legion, the dungeons will not have a set level range like before, but will be doable for any character in the 100-110 range. I suppose that it makes the mobs scale to your level, much like for the invasions on the live servers.

However, during invasions, I noticed that the power of healing spells do not scale with the level of the target who recieves it. My level 40 druid friend only heals my level 100 death knight for 1000 hp with healing touch.

That leads me to the following question : do the healing spells scaling work differenly in legion ? If not, a fresh level 100 healer will have trouble keeping a lvl 110 group alive.

Thanks for any responses to my question and sorry for the bad english.

Its a normal dungeon, your only gonna be doing each 4 dungeons once to finish up the zone questline, otherwise its a waste of time. And normal dungeons are a cakewalk, you hardly have to heal, especially a 110 tank.

7+ Year Old Account
    From beta experience, it's not really something you have to worry about. I don't think I noticed any difference between a 102 tank and a 108, other than the amount of damage they took (probably more because of different classes/gear).

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

On beta the health for each player scaled for your level. At least I noticed this doing some @ 110. Lower level players health were scaled up only for me.

Deleted
    On beta at least, a low level healer and a high level tank sometimes lead to weird stuff, but overall it should be fine. Nothing that will keep you from completing the instances at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Its a normal dungeon, your only gonna be doing each 4 dungeons once to finish up the zone questline, otherwise its a waste of time. And normal dungeons are a cakewalk, you hardly have to heal, especially a 110 tank.
    Legion's questlines won't end in dungeons anymore, so if that's your only reason to do them you can skip them until lvl 110. If you still want to do them, they're super easy either way, the only challenge being in Mythics+ and these require a full 110 team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Legion's questlines won't end in dungeons anymore, so if that's your only reason to do them you can skip them until lvl 110. If you still want to do them, they're super easy either way, the only challenge being in Mythics+ and these require a full 110 team.
    Last time I checked they did end in dungeons and gave 800 item level gear. When did they change it? Or was it just some interview question where some dev or community manager said something that isn't actually the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I just leveled a toon to 110 2 weeks ago and normal dungeons are always the last quest of the zone and reward ilvl 800 gear, unless they changed it the past 2 weeks id say ur wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was talking about something that's on the front page of MMO-Champs right now. During Saturday's DevWatch they got these quotes under the "Dungeons Design" tag.

> You used to quest through a zone and get sent into a dungeon to wrap up the zone.
    > The team got away from doing that for a little while, as it increasingly felt bad when you were doing a solo quest line and then had to stop what you were doing to finish the line with a dungeon quest.
    >With random matchmaking and LFG, it is almost still a solo experience if you want it to be. You can jump right into the dungeon and finish the storyline at the end of the zone.

I realise now I just misunderstood what was there.

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't answer the question at all.

You'll be at a disadvantage if you go into a dungeon at level 100 compared to level 110, simply because of missing artifact traits, but it won't make it impossible to heal a dungeon, for reference, i just did Eye of azshara as a level 102 veng DH, it was a cakewalk, the healer was a paladin and i noticed that they rarely if ever needed to actually cast a heal, i could've probably solo'd half if not all of the content in that dungeon.

With that said, there's not really any reason to do the normal version of the dungeons more than once for the zone quests anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosen View Post
    This doesn't answer the question at all.
    His question was
    That leads me to the following question : do the healing spells scaling work differenly in legion ? If not, a fresh level 100 healer will have trouble keeping a lvl 110 group alive.
    I just told him that normal dungeons isnt something u need to worry about, how does that not answer the question. Its the same exact answer for 90% of the posts here. And its common knowledge that scaling does weird things at diff levels, ever since the birth of timewalking dungeons.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-08-30 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    His question was

I just told him that normal dungeons isnt something u need to worry about, how does that not answer the question. Its the same exact answer for 90% of the posts here. And its common knowledge that scaling does weird things at diff levels, ever since the birth of timewalking dungeons.
    Do the healing spells scaling work differently in Legion?

Last quest of a zone gives you the 800ilvl item. The dungeon is "optional", however it rewards you with a good item.