10+ Year Old Account
    I've been enjoying Forgotten Magic recently. It adds a bunch of new spells to the game that are tracked in the MCM window. In addition to getting stronger as your Skill in that School of Magic increases, it also tracks how much you cast it. At different threshholds you unlock talent points that can be used to change the flavor of the spell. For instance, I have a Blight spell that is a DoT, but I've put a talent point into giving it a chance to Stagger the enemy on each tick. For that particular spell I could also have the Blight syphon Health or Stamina, add disease damage, spread to nearby enemies on death, ect...

The spells are random drops from enemies, and you can adjust the frequency of drops in the MCM as well as the frequency of magic rings that enhance the spells.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Unless things have changed since the last time I did this, there is actually an option that says something along the line of being a relic hunter for a museum, or being a curator or something. I don't think I ever picked the option "arrived on a boat" for anything. That that does is put you in that particular town. If you choose Solitude, that just lets you start the quest for Legacy as normal.

I guess both ways will technically work, but there should be a legit option on there for it.
    They probably changed it yeah, cause I just made a new game just to test and see and you only pick 2 things, it goes like this:

"Approche my child, and choose where your new life should begin"

-Arrived on a boat

Which city did you sail to?

-Solitude

And thats it..than you go to bed and wake up. Its only at this moment that it ask you if you are a relic hunter, you say yes, and the quest begin.

Along with "Arrived on a boat", you have multiple options at the Mara statue, but none say anything about relic hunter, they are like "I'm a warlock's thrall", "I'm a necromancer in a secret location", I'm a vampire in a secluded lair" "I was shipwrecked off the coast", "I'm a land lord", etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Alternate Start has some soft dependencies as well, so if you don't have a specific mod installed you won't see that option pop up when you choose where your new life shall begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternate Start is great that way, that it can integrate with other mods. I love it when mods work together like that. Out of the box mod compatibility.

Worlds Dawn is actually like that as well. It applies the random magical properties to any items that are added to loot lists, so any custom weapon/armor mods that add to the loot list (like Immersive Weapons/Armor) automatically work with Worlds Dawn. It sure makes life easy! I hated needing to install all those compatibility patches.

https://www.reddit.com/r/enderal

Enderal is a mod/game made by a team of German devs, using the Skyrim engine. It's an entirely new setting and has some 30-120 (??) hours of gameplay. It's been apparently hyped to no end. I never heard of it until yesterday, downloading it as we speak.

It's some 8 GB and installs separately from Skyrim so it won't fuck up your folder.

The feeling when you buy GTX 1070 and your Skyrim with 100+ mods gives a mostly 60+ FPS gameplay ;_;

Can we get a delay for Legion's release?

Shame Skyrim doesn't let you use more than 4GB of RAM/VRAM, or at least so I've read. Though now I don't know why GTX 970 performs so badly compared to 1070...Sure 1070 has way better specs, but if the limit was 4GB VRAM then there's something else I don't know.

The problem with the 970 was it only had 3.5 gigs of fast vram while the last 500 mbs was a good bit slower.So the more higher detailed texture mods re textures and the like the harder it was for the 970 but the problem only poped up if you went over 3.5 gigs of vram usage. if you still got the 970 you can see this in either a very modded out skyrim or shadows of mordor both can be Vram heavy.

I think pcgamer had a article about this and hey if you have a 970 you can get $30 from Nvidia still I think.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/enderal

Enderal is a mod/game made by a team of German devs, using the Skyrim engine. It's an entirely new setting and has some 30-120 (??) hours of gameplay. It's been apparently hyped to no end. I never heard of it until yesterday, downloading it as we speak.

It's some 8 GB and installs separately from Skyrim so it won't fuck up your folder.
    I've been waiting for this, too bad I've been too engrossed with Legion's PRepatch event, otherwise I might give this my full attention.

I hope Sony sorts their shit out and mods are available on PS4 before it comes out.

1 hr into enderal and its already better than skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Agreed! Start is a bit of a mind fuck too :-)

I love how the entire system has been overhauled. The way you level, the UI actually uses SkyUI which is great, this game just feels so fresh. Kinda disappointing I never played Nehrim, as this is a direct continuation of that story apparently.

This TC or whatever they're calling it is ridiculously well done. The cutscenes so far blew me away. Voice acting is top notch too. My only complaint though so far has to do with text and speech. The shovel is missing the L at the end, just called 'Shove'. There are TONS of entire lines missing when NPCS speak, as in, there is text for a bunch of stuff but the voice actor never says any of it. That sort of thing gets really annoying.

I also ran into a bug. When Sirius gets shanked at the start, they stand him up, then he just suddenly disappears and my screen gets covered in blood. THEN it plays the stabbing sound, but no animations happen. Other than that, really enjoying the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I am enjoying it as well. The first scene was a total mindfuck.

I'm sure we're in for a ride. Also the stronger NPCs have ways to beat them. The troll can be oneshot by the trap and the spiders in the guard post can be killed with fire or the ballista in the corner, as they stay in a pool of oil.

http://imgur.com/a/Ztnjl

Haha, I decided to start anew with the modding, so I went for that Skyrim Beautification Project as seen before in this thread...Yeah, 5-6 hours of installing, tweaking and optimizing. To end up completely unplayable, thanks to CTDs. I know, it could simply be my own fault, and likely is - though many suggested essential mods on that website were either removed or hidden in Nexus, and some mods have been overhauled or otherwise revamped these days, resulting in many missing .esp files or incombatibilities.

Then I ask myself, why am I blindly following someone elses outdated suggestions, without even knowing how many and what mods I installed?

...Back to the drawing board.

I found out about TESgeneral, so I guess I'll try making up my mind so I can get something done before Legion release...But man, it's just so hard to start from scratch again, trying to decide which mods and ENBs could be worth using, without ending up spending a lot of time and never getting to play >.<

Used RealVision ENB before, but I judged it bit too resource-hungry, even with my new GTX 1070 and now-OC'd i7 4790k (4,8 GHz)...Or maybe I'm just stupid and expect to have 60+ FPS everywhere, all the time (I know I said I had this yesterday, but came to realize it was too good to be true after all).

Project Beautification works for me. You have to do the clearing part, with that program that cleans every data file.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Project Beautification works for me. You have to do the clearing part, with that program that cleans every data file.
    Yeah I did all that, not exactly new in heavy modding myself. It was more of a case of frustration, I just kept installing everything without properly researching what they did and if I even liked the changes they brought - wanted to carefully build a relatively performance-friendly ENB Skyrim to play a bit in hype of the HD remaster...

Thus I didn't want to spend hours to fix all the inconsistencies and investigations

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, I have to sing the praises of the Forgotten Magic mod. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35339/?

I've been using this lately and its really increased the satisfaction of playing a Mage-build. I say this because the spells are improvements over the vanilla spells without being game-breaking...although once you start unlocking the talent points some of them feel like they could be. But never-the-less, the talent system with each spell is fun and unique and makes you want to use certain spells more and more to advance their skill.

One of my new favorites (because I have not tried them all) is Arcane Weapon, which effectively replaces all your Bound Weapons. By tapping a hotkey you can change the form the weapon takes. So instead of needing to put all the different Bound Weapons on your quicktab, you can change before each cast with ease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Haha, I decided to start anew with the modding, so I went for that Skyrim Beautification Project as seen before in this thread...Yeah, 5-6 hours of installing, tweaking and optimizing. To end up completely unplayable, thanks to CTDs. I know, it could simply be my own fault, and likely is - though many suggested essential mods on that website were either removed or hidden in Nexus, and some mods have been overhauled or otherwise revamped these days, resulting in many missing .esp files or incombatibilities.

Then I ask myself, why am I blindly following someone elses outdated suggestions, without even knowing how many and what mods I installed?

...Back to the drawing board.

I found out about TESgeneral, so I guess I'll try making up my mind so I can get something done before Legion release...But man, it's just so hard to start from scratch again, trying to decide which mods and ENBs could be worth using, without ending up spending a lot of time and never getting to play >.<

Used RealVision ENB before, but I judged it bit too resource-hungry, even with my new GTX 1070 and now-OC'd i7 4790k (4,8 GHz)...Or maybe I'm just stupid and expect to have 60+ FPS everywhere, all the time (I know I said I had this yesterday, but came to realize it was too good to be true after all).
    Wow, thanks for tipping me off to the project. Gonna give it a shot! Graphics overhauls were the primary things I downloaded for Skyrim. If there's something like this out there that can make them all work together, I'm all over it.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Do I want to do something with a fresh Skyrim install before/after installing Enderal? Mods, unofficial skyrim patches or tweaks and tools?
    Are you asking if you need to do something to Skyrim in order to play Enderal? No. Are you asking if you need to do something in order to play Skyrim after installing Enderal? Yes, you need to use the Enderal launcher to switch the data files back to Skyrim. Other than that, you can have all the addons installed for Skyrim you want, Enderal won't use them, to my knowledge. But I'm playing on a fresh copy of Skyrim.

Skyrim has been out over 5 years now holy shit. I still play it every weekend! The modding community has truly turned a 9/10 game into a 15/10 game. Whenever I'm kinda bored, a new mod is right there for me. It's a limitless game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I couldn't even figure out how to install that. I wish it was a conversion mod which still used Elder Scrolls lore. Falskaar was great in that regard.