7+ Year Old Account

Leveling Leatherworking on DH for Legion

Hey guys I just finished grinding Skinning to 700 which I'm 100% going to use in legion for gathering mats. However, is it worth leveling LW too? I'm at 130 atm but I counted that i need to create an item 57 times which gives me 10 points in LW, with 50 Raw Beast Hides each, which cost 900 at ah atm for a stack of 200 and i need 1850 which will cost me around 16 000 gold. Is it worth it, or should I grab enchanting and just disenchant epics and sell the mats for high prices on the ah?

Deleted
    You can craft Legion LW recipes from 1 skill.

7+ Year Old Account
    OH okay thanks, then I won't be wasting gold from draenor resources to get to 700 and will just wait for Legion then thanks mate !

Drums of fury get you to 650 LW and they cost 5 leather for 2 points

Quote Originally Posted by Noore57 View Post
    This.

I bought like 2500 hides off the AH and just made them all the way up, hit up the trader today for the recipe that lets me use primal spirits to make more for the rest of the skillups.

Cost me like 5k on the AH to power level 1-700.

Deleted
    go into the world and skin the regular items u need to level up the proper way? its free.....

Quote Originally Posted by Noore57 View Post
    thats what i did a couple of days ago, took me 10min in afk mode to get from 1 to 650

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    This.

I bought like 2500 hides off the AH and just made them all the way up, hit up the trader today for the recipe that lets me use primal spirits to make more for the rest of the skillups.

Cost me like 5k on the AH to power level 1-700.
    on my server one stack (200 hides ) cost 1500g
    took me around 10k to powerlevel LTW.......

Deleted
    From what I understand the level of your crafting profession doesn't matter in Legion beyond 100. So you don't need level 700 leatherworking unless you want to make older recipes pre-Legion. Spending all that gold on it now seems a bit pointless especially since you can also drop and relearn crafting skills that include all the old recipes you had.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    From what I understand the level of your crafting profession doesn't matter in Legion beyond 100. So you don't need level 700 leatherworking unless you want to make older recipes pre-Legion. Spending all that gold on it now seems a bit pointless especially since you can also drop and relearn crafting skills that include all the old recipes you had.
    around ive found this:
    You will get crafting profession quests (for the recipes) at player level 100, 102, 104, 106, 108 and 110. The "best ones" you only get at 110 (like the ilvl 815 gear for tailor/lw/smith or the flasks for alch).

Skill level does not matter for crafting itself. You can craft almost anything at skill level 1, except for 1 or 2 "gimmick" recipes (like a saddle for your mount by tailors, or some toys).
    Skill level does not matter at all for gathering professions, you get the same number of items out of 1 node independent of your skill level

Profession World quest ARE tied to your skill level:
    - Crafting Professions need skill level 300
    - Gathering Professions need skill level 100

so as you say no need to cap also LTW.
    300 its the way to go for me ...and ill save around 8k

Spending all that gold on it now seems a bit pointless especially since you can also drop and relearn crafting skills that include all the old recipes you had.
    Only the legion ones will be relearned. OLD ones will be lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    Skill level does not matter at all for gathering professions, you get the same number of items out of 1 node independent of your skill level
    So no more fel iron shards in Outland when low level mining or does it just apply to Legion gathering?

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Only the legion ones will be relearned. OLD ones will be lost.
    Can you confirm that? I was watching a stream that said otherwise, or at least phrased it so it sounded that way.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2016-08-23 at 07:40 AM.

Can you confirm that? I was watching a stream that said otherwise, or at least phrased it so it sounded that way.
    Its just for the Legion recipes, since all of those are obtained through questing.
    And you dropping the profession and then relearning it would cause a problem.
    Any recipes prior to Legion are still lost and will have to be reacquired.

Source;
    Tested it on beta.

It has been answered in the QnA back in june by profession designer. (19:48)

Atm on beta all pre legion recipes are lost after relearning the profession.