Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How did the Thunderlord clan managed to kill the Draenor Giants?

In wowpedia it says the the thunderlord clan are known to hunt down the draenor giants and use them as bases as seen in tbe frost zone. My question is how the hell did the thunderlord managed to kill that huge giant in gorgrond(spelling) let alone more than one of them? That giant in gorgrond would give even the Iron Horde big trouble.

That thing makes that huge skeleton dragon in northrend look small by comparison. One swing from that massive club can take out a army, not to mention the shockwave its gonna cause. Even a dozen iron horde gronns with canons would be near useless. From that skeleton model, that thing would look similar to a gronn or magnaron if it was alive, no surprise since they came from it. And we know magnaron and gronn have extremely thick and tough body. Now imagine one at that size, there is no way the iron horde can get through its skin to kill it let alone the much weaker thunderlords.

Deleted
    They have an obvious weakness.

One eye. Stab em in the eye, and they would be left to be blindly flailing - Which kind of renders them much less fearsome.

Numbers & strategy (plus I assume practicing on Shadow of the Colossus).

10+ Year Old Account
    The bigger they are, the harder they fall. With each generation the evolutionary descendants of the Magnaron have become smaller, but smarter. I just can't help but imagine some Thunderlords riding rylaks chained together in formation and taking down giants like Rogue Squadron circling AT-ATs during the Battle of Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back. Now all they need to do is change their clan's banner from a lightning bolt to a giant's skull just like the Mandalorians and they'll have a serious fan base.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Are you talking about Gorgorek? The massive hand? I don't think the Thunderlords killed that.

It's still a mystery what happened to the Draenor "earth giants", the ancestors of the Magnaron/Gronn/Ogron/Ogres.

http://wowpedia.org/Draenor_Giants
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Are you talking about Gorgorek? The massive hand? I don't think the Thunderlords killed that.

It's still a mystery what happened to the Draenor "earth giants", the ancestors of the Magnaron/Gronn/Ogron/Ogres.

http://wowpedia.org/Draenor_Giants
    No they're talking about Grom'Gar the Thunderlord HQ in FFR, Gorgorek is a Magnaron while Grom'Gar is the skeletons of one of those Draenor giants

Deleted
    uhm siege weapons?

or bombarding it from the back of a rylak
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-12-04 at 12:38 AM.

They trained their warriors to kick colossi ass like Wanderer.

Deleted
    More like how ants can defeat in their eyes titans or giants, swarm the target and hack your way into the body, then kill it from inside without risking getting crushed or struck by the arms or feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did a group of 10-25 'adventurers' manage to kill old gods, the aspect of magic, the betrayer and every other major evil that doesn't include a known lore figure taking part in the fight with a magical mcguffin?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    They had a good raid group?

Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    In wowpedia it says the the thunderlord clan are known to hunt down the draenor giants and use them as bases as seen in tbe frost zone. My question is how the hell did the thunderlord managed to kill that huge giant in gorgrond(spelling) let alone more than one of them? That giant in gorgrond would give even the Iron Horde big trouble.

That thing makes that huge skeleton dragon in northrend look small by comparison. One swing from that massive club can take out a army, not to mention the shockwave its gonna cause. Even a dozen iron horde gronns with canons would be near useless. From that skeleton model, that thing would look similar to a gronn or magnaron if it was alive, no surprise since they came from it. And we know magnaron and gronn have extremely thick and tough body. Now imagine one at that size, there is no way the iron horde can get through its skin to kill it let alone the much weaker thunderlords.
    They had a famous warrior named Eren-gar the Hunter.
    He killed them all with ropes tied around his waist -to climb the earth giants,
    and using air magic to propel himself upwards, then slice them in the neck with enchanted steel polearms.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-08-21 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    and using air magic to propel himself upwards, then slice them in the neck with steel polearms.
    You had me going for a second good AOT reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    How did a group of 10-25 'adventurers' manage to kill old gods, the aspect of magic, the betrayer and every other major evil that doesn't include a known lore figure taking part in the fight with a magical mcguffin?
    With magic armors and weapons duh.

Well, beyond the impracticality of such a thing living on Draenor in the first place, the gravity on it would have had to be much lighter to allow it to move around. Its bones would have crumbled under such weight, or they were completely solid. That thing must have weighed an unimaginable number. Our dinosaurs on Earth pale in comparison.

As other have mentioned, flying on rylaks and taking out the eye would be my best guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    and using air magic to propel himself upwards, then slice them in the neck with enchanted steel polearms.
    Even if he has a steel weapon thats sharp and powerful enough to cut through the giant's flesh. It'll take him a long ass time because the giant of draenor's neck would be the size of a building. And whats stopping the giant from grabbing him and crushing him into a million pieces.

Deleted
    The Lich King sent one of his Lords of the Damned to Draenor and made short work of the giants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    They had a good raid group?
    I gotta say, as much as this is probably a joke, it really is kinda true if you think about it, like, we, the players bring down giant bosses all the time due to us being well equipped, skilled tacticians and skilled fighters, I'd imagine it's the same with the Thunderlord Clan.

Deleted
    Even if he has a steel weapon thats sharp and powerful enough to cut through the giant's flesh. It'll take him a long ass time because the giant of draenor's neck would be the size of a building. And whats stopping the giant from grabbing him and crushing him into a million pieces.
    'twas merely a ruse, a clever post he had brewed in his head for the past 20 months. Don't rain on his parade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "Short....hands....can't....reach.....should....exercise....more..........tommorow..."