Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Just to point something out, you state cigarettes which are also made from a natural plant, the Nicotiana plant. Fast food isn't bad for you, infact it can be good for you as long as you eat it in moderation. Alcohol is another substance which can be good for you in many ways, as long as its in moderation. I'm not even going to comment on TV, but a lot of the stuff I watch is science and history, which improves knowledge.

Notice the key word? Moderation or self control.
    Okay but marijuana compared to all those things is 100% harmless. I could smoke 10 joints right now at the same time and be the same person in a couple hours with no drawbacks. Try eating 10 mcdonalds hamburger, drinking 10 shots, or smoking 10+ cigarettes and enjoy your ride to the hospital.

Where did you hear 36 hours?

I used to be a heavy smoker (ounce per week). I got swabbed within 5 mins of smoking and passed. I think the police ones give you a 20 minute window before it shows up
    Proper tests though, that stuff stays in your system for at least 3 months.
    Depending on the job you're applying for, you might be OK. When I moved, I got a new job and had to do a test. I failed and the manager asked me about it and I just said I had a going away party and smoked a little bit which my mate bought over.
    I had to redo a test after my 3 month probation and I passed (I obviously quit in that time)
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

But it is a drug.
    It itself is not a drug. It's naturally grown. It's only considered a drug because of it's mind altering affects, which aren't even severe. (Hunger, euphoria, the giggles, etc)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyBravo View Post
    Okay but marijuana compared to all those things is 100% harmless. I could smoke 10 joints right now at the same time and be the same person in a couple hours with no drawbacks. Try eating 10 mcdonalds hamburger, drinking 10 shots, or smoking 10+ cigarettes and enjoy your ride to the hospital.
    No, it is completely not harmless. Having seen someone be killed by a driver who was high as fuck on weed, I have first hand experience to say it is not harmless. If I had been 2 seconds later, I would have been the one who was killed.

No, it is completely not harmless. Having seen someone be killed by a driver who was high as fuck on weed, I have first hand experience to say it is not harmless. If I had been 2 seconds later, I would have been the one who was killed.
    Well that's just negligence. I've been baked and drove multiple times without any repercussions. Well, unless you count going under the speed limit lol.

Deleted
    this thread is funny, everybody who says op will pass is a helpful great guy and everybody who says its detectable after 36 hours is a uneducated scrub.

my advise: get your mind off things worrying isn't gonna do anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariselea View Post
    Where did you hear 36 hours?

I used to be a heavy smoker (ounce per week). I got swabbed within 5 mins of smoking and passed. I think the police ones give you a 20 minute window before it shows up
    Proper tests though, that stuff stays in your system for at least 3 months.
    Depending on the job you're applying for, you might be OK. When I moved, I got a new job and had to do a test. I failed and the manager asked me about it and I just said I had a going away party and smoked a little bit which my mate bought over.
    I had to redo a test after my 3 month probation and I passed (I obviously quit in that time)
    I'm saying I hadn't smoked for 36 hours prior. Weed takes about an hour to get into your system after you smoke, so that sounds like why you may have passed.

Deleted
    As someone from dutchland.. why is this a thing.. like, at all? Alcohol is way more dangerous than weed, I personally smoked once to see what it was about.. (aint my thing) .. but at the same time I dont see the problem, as long as people dont go overboard (and remain functioning members of society) I'd say let em do what they want in their own time

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    this thread is funny, everybody who says op will pass is a helpful great guy and everybody who says its detectable after 36 hours is a uneducated scrub.

my advise: get your mind off things worrying isn't gonna do anything for you.
    Well the more and more the facts come together, I'm realizing I may be in the safe zone. The people who say i'm going to fail are just rude and give 0 explanation or self experience. They just want to see me fail, plain and simple.

+1 to the thousandth person to not read the thread, but felt the need to comment on it!
    Soz, I missed your one line on page 3 saying it was for a job application. I will correct my statement thusly:

Just think, after you don't get the job this week Legion will be released. You'll have so much free time to play!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    As someone from dutchland.. why is this a thing.. like, at all? Alcohol is way more dangerous than weed, I personally smoked once to see what it was about.. (aint my thing) .. but at the same time I dont see the problem, as long as people dont go overboard (and remain functioning members of society) I'd say let em do what they want in their own time
    it's cause weed only became popular much later then alcohol and toboacco. if tobacco or alcohol were to be invented today, chances are they would be illegal from the get go.

and it's also largely about social stigmas and taboos, there are tons of harmless things that just arent talked about/make you weird if you do them/etc for no really good reason.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-08-22 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    Why would you do drug tests as a business? What employees do in their own time is none of an employer's business unless it noticeably affects their work in a way that would get in trouble when they're up for review. In which case you wouldn't need a drug test. It seems crazy to fire employees because of a positive result on a drug test while they're perfectly functional while at work. I would flat out refuse any kind of drug test, which would probably get me fired. Which is fine, if a company enforces drug tests it's not the sort of company I want to work for. Side note: I don't do drugs.

I hope you pass your test! Good luck!
    you've obviously never had to deal with someone that shows up to work fucked up all the time, and good luck with keeping any decent job refusing drug tests.

But it is a drug.
    Just like coffee. Have you ever drunk one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Yeah I've never gotten this either. Surely it should be about your performance at work rather than whether or not you drink or smoke right? If you show up to work too high to even talk then you don't need a drug test for that shit.

When you are working at a job that requires drug tests or might test in random times why would you even smoke?
    Either quit your job and smoke, or don't smoke and stay there.

Its affecting your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    it's cause weed only became popular much later then alcohol and toboacco. if tobacco or alcohol were to be invented today, chances are they would be illegal from the get go.
    Very true. Cigarettes cause 480,000 deaths a year, and alcohol causes 88,000 deaths a year, and that's JUST in the United States.

How many deaths from weed since the beginning of time? 0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    When you are working at a job that requires drug tests or might test in random times why would you even smoke?
    Either quit your job and smoke, or don't smoke and stay there.

Its affecting your job.
    It's a pre-employment drug test, meaning I haven't gotten the job yet. I am considering quitting if I do land the job, or at least cutting back to an amount where I can fool the drug test if a random one is administered. (which from what I hear never happens at that job).

Deleted
    Very true. Cigarettes cause 480,000 deaths a year, and alcohol causes 88,000 deaths a year, and that's JUST in the United States.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a pre-employment drug test, meaning I haven't gotten the job yet. I am considering quitting if I do land the job, or at least cutting back to an amount where I can fool the drug test if a random one is administered. (which from what I hear never happens at that job).
    0 overdoses might be true, 0 deaths i wouldn't be so quick to claim. i would imagine driving under influence in weeds affects your reaction time and judgement for example. (like you said yourself earlier, it causes you to drive slower)

who knows, but it's still possible for it to cause cancer especially when you use rolling papers/blunts plus any smoke is bad for your lungs but it'd be hard to get numbers for it since most people that smoke weed also smoke cigarettes

How did OP make 1gram last 10 days and at the same time smoke daily?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    who knows, but it's still possible for it to cause cancer especially when you use rolling papers/blunts plus any smoke is bad for your lungs but it'd be hard to get numbers for it since most people that smoke weed also smoke cigarettes
    Well that's not the plant's doing. You wouldn't get those side effects if you smoked from a clean, glass pipe.