Thread: GG (Not) EZ?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I can't tell who's more childish, the people who say GG EZ or the people who spend time on the internet whining about how people are saying GG EZ after winning a match. One is an attention seeker, and another shouldn't even be on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Also, this is just silly. People will just say gg easy or ggez , or anything similar to it... this literally does nothing.
    Just so you know, voluntarily bypassing Blizzard's filters is something that can result in a ban. That's in the Terms of Use.

I'd much rather prefer a "Hide Chat" option, personally.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

If they were serious about protecting people's feelings they would have filtered a lot more than just "gg ez"

There are so many ways around it, so it seems pretty apparent that it's there just to fuck with people. Instead you have people coming in here thinking their rights are being violated or some bullshit like that.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Just so you know, voluntarily bypassing Blizzard's filters is something that can result in a ban. That's in the Terms of Use.
    It's not like they're trying to actually stop people saying "ez". If they tried that it would search for "ez", not "gg ez".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Yup, they just want to incite a reaction. That's what they feed off of.
    And they've got it. Like, really, there people crave for attention and blizzard gives them what they want, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I know it isn't. Like I said though, Blizzards report functions are automated. They aren't going to check if it is harrassment or not and why should I care if some little 12(22,32 etc.) year old gloater gets a suspension
    tbh you sound like some little crybaby who rage reports people.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's not like they're trying to actually stop people saying "ez". If they tried that it would search for "ez", not "gg ez".
    "wow playing tracer is almost like playing ez in lol" - get filter'd you scum!
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    tbh you sound like some little crybaby who rage reports people.
    Yeah I mean, that would appear to be precisely what I described.

I'll be a dickhead in my own little way in answer to the other players being dickheads in their own little way. Quid pro quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    "wow playing tracer is almost like playing ez in lol" - get filter'd you scum!
    Still, there's so many more effective ways than to literally only filter the 5 characters "gg ez". Any deviation will not get filtered. Added a period, any other letter, anything else, will get you through it.

Not to mention, saying what you suggested is just as bad, in my mind, as "gg ez"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Still, there's so many more effective ways than to literally only filter the 5 characters "gg ez". Any deviation will not get filtered. Added a period, any other letter, anything else, will get you through it.

Not to mention, saying what you suggested is just as bad, in my mind, as "gg ez"
    The whole reasoning behind filtering "gg ez" is dumb, people will find another way to get offended by what other party types in chat after they win. Being it "derp", "lol", "kek", "gl next time", "wrgjerijgoiefg" - you can't filter everything. It's like playing tennis against a wall - you will not win.
    Leave it alone. Let the joke die off, instead of making it "fresh" again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    The whole reasoning behind filtering "gg ez" is dumb, people will find another way to get offended by what other party types in chat after they win. Being it "derp", "lol", "kek", "gl next time", "wrgjerijgoiefg" - you can't filter everything. It's like playing tennis against a wall - you will not win.
    Leave it alone. Let the joke die off, instead of making it "fresh" again
    They filter it for shits and giggles. The filter is so bad that if they did it for any other reason I'd laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Oh man, I'd heard they were filtering it, but that's so much better than I'd expected.

It's one thing to thank your teammates for what felt like an easy win, through good teamwork, it's another to mock your opponents.
    Honestly this sort of behavior needs to be more closely monitored and dealt with.

I don't even care for the "gg" at the end of most matches because that in of itself tends to feel mocking. I only say that because they won't do the same if they've loss, only when they've won. This is a repeated thing across just about every room I've been in.

That said, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm often too frustrated to care at the end of a match to speak if I've lost where as I am far more generous when I have won. So a bit of a sore loser and then a gracious winner issue going on there?

I digress. Toxic attitudes, whether winning or losing, need to be squelched. I miss playing games because it was fun and you were meeting new people. Now I'm terrified to meet most of these individuals. XD

...I've gotten to such a point now where I'll call other people out for giving an individual hell. Had one guy harassing a bad McCree in chat for his clear ineptitude and went at it with him. Get sick of that shit. The most I'll do is critique our comp and request certain changes for the sake of trying to force a win in a tough situation.

Sometimes people react positively to that and it ends well and I even thank them/upvote them later. If they don't, fuck 'em.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-08-25 at 03:17 PM.

I once saw someone respond with "if your mom wasn't so ez you wouldn't be here." I lol real hard from that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People who say GG EZ almost always say it and seem to have no clue what EZ means, they seem to use it when ever they win but the battle was not actually Easy. They seem to always use it when the game goes through every single control point on Gilbralter, clawing at each control point att he last second to take it and finally getting to the last control point and losing in overtime because the enemy team used 3 ults at the same time causing the payload to stall 6 inches from winning, "gg ez" and you are like, "ez? What the? D you even know what that means?"
    same as a lot of people dont know what gg means :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Usually, if I win a close game, I respond with "Well played", because that's not very often used as an insult, at least in my experience

There is no other reason to say "gg ez" than to piss off the enemy team. But in this backwards-logic world, people would say there's something wrong with the victim for getting mad at it, and not the one doing it, which is pretty sad.