Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Demon Hunters seriously needs an overhaul in PvP

I tried to do some PvP, and even though we have high mobility, we are by far the easiest class to kite.

See a frost mage, frost and you will never be able to get near him.

Will this be a catastrophe for the class in Legion? Will Blizzard fix this?

Every class has its pros and cons. If you don't like dh in pvp, play a rogue.

Deleted
    Just wait being 110 ffs...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Every class has its pros and cons. If you don't like dh in pvp, play a rogue.
    I will play both Rogue and DH in next expansion. I enjoy my Demon Hunter in PvP, but right now he is very easily kited.

Quote Originally Posted by deathpote View Post
    Just wait being 110 ffs...
    Thing is, alot of beta players has talked about level 110 Demon Hunter PvP'ing, where the same problem should still be there.

I am talking Havoc obviously, since Vengeance should be quite good actually.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you done said PVP with any of the new Honor talents? Have you even looked at them to see if they can help being kited? Or is this based purely on lvl 100 pvp.

If they made Fel Rush and/or Vengeful Retreat break roots/slows, it would most likely fix the problem. Damage from FR would be sacrificed to break the root/slow from having to reserve a charge to break out of it or even if the opponent out ranges it.

I have tested PvP on Beta quite extensively, and the "problem" exists. Fact is, i don't know if it can be considered a problem at all, since it's probably intended. DHs can dish out SO MUCH damage that ranged classes are either able to kite us in some way (and mind you, is not that easy) or they are outright dead. Within seconds, when cds are properly lined up. The vulnerability to snare/roots, alongside the lack of defensives (which is again not entirely true, proper usage of Blur requires some pre-planning but is indeed powerful), is probably the intended downside of the class. Tweaks will be made imho, right now we definetly are a little too much on the squishy side, but it's not downright terrible and you can learn to work around it somehow (and Honor talents help out a great deal).

Deleted
    WoW community in 2016:
    Class just released, expansion isn't even out, has 2 talents & no artifact = "needs overhaul", "be a catastrophe", "Blizzard fix"
    Last edited by mmoc5286abfcc3; 2016-08-22 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I tried to do some PvP, and even though we have high mobility, we are by far the easiest class to kite.

See a frost mage, frost and you will never be able to get near him.

Will this be a catastrophe for the class in Legion? Will Blizzard fix this?
    You seriously shouldn't play Demon Hunter if you can't handle a mage. I play Beta and at 110 DH in arena, DH can certainly handle themselves its got a skillcap and i'm actually happy many can't reach it. I'm maining DH for legion no doubt at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    You seriously shouldn't play Demon Hunter if you can't handle a mage. I play Beta and at 110 DH in arena, DH can certainly handle themselves its got a skillcap and i'm actually happy many can't reach it. I'm maining DH for legion no doubt at all.
    I'm 100, though, and there they have problems.

Deleted
    DH will be fine....

Thing is, alot of beta players has talked about level 110 Demon Hunter PvP'ing, where the same problem should still be there.

I am talking Havoc obviously, since Vengeance should be quite good actually.
    I don't know, I go to twitch every day and on most pvp streams theres a DH kicking ass in multiple 3s comps

If we're really talking about battleground balance, good luck lol. We're talking about the area where multi dotters have reigned supreme since 4.0, and everyone else has to be carried by healers to even come close

Don't base anything regarding dh on how they play at 100. They were not meant to be played at 100 at all. Except for those who preordered no one in the future will play dh at 100 for any extended period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I don't know, I go to twitch every day and on most pvp streams theres a DH kicking ass in multiple 3s comps

If we're really talking about battleground balance, good luck lol. We're talking about the area where multi dotters have reigned supreme since 4.0, and everyone else has to be carried by healers to even come close

DH on beta has been labeled as the easiest class to kite since day 1. Arena took DH when their damage was almost as OP as tanks but with the nerf to eye beam and DM I havent seen much of them doing great on streams.

The past few weeks, ive watched A LOT Rank 1's and Gladiators on twitch, and when some of them played dh, they DESTROYED everyone and everything. and dh vs dh was like the biggest clusterfuck ever, for a long time wow pvp was actually entertaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Just switch to vengeance until legion hits and u can get pvp talents(and regular ones for that matter)... Seriously Venge feels so OP to me right now... u can easily manage 2v1 or even 3v1 if the right classes attack you and you use your abilities right...
    I haven't done any pvp at all in years(at least since cata), and just did some world pvp @ ToT entrance vs a lock, hunter and mage... it was so easy to kill them it wasn't funny... maybe they were just shit but they were still 3v1...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2016-08-22 at 11:48 AM.

You gotta be kidding?
    DH is really, really strong in arenas at 110, if not the best class.

You are doing something wrong, OP.

And there lies your problem. DH is not meant to be played at level 100 for pvp. Serious pvp is at 110. I suppose its Blizzard's fault for giving early access to a class that is meant to be played during Legion and not before.

Deleted

You can't be seriously saying this without noticing how dumb your rant is.

You only have 2 talent tiers unlocked and you didn't even take a look at the 110 pvp talent tree for which the DH probably has the most broken talents available there. They will definitely change a lot of things with regards to survival and kiting.

I'm sorry but you are complaining like a child without even properly informing yourself

An overhaul before the game even comes out? Christ this community is nuts.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV