Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Congratulations, you provided no evidence of other classes having a comparably strong legendary dps item. You linked information only pertaining to mages.

edit: Additionally (not 100% sure) it didn't seem there was a specific emphasis on *when* the extra time warp is used in those simulations. In real fight scenarios you wouldn't blow it on cooldown, but would prefer lining it up with your other spells. So the information that is given seems to be more of a rough estimate assuming random usage.

here you go:

Demon Hunter

ST

puu.sh/qK9yY/389131b59a .png

3 Target Cleave

puu.sh/qK9Hp/f1d8da9a3c .png

dat stabilizers on a cleave fight olol op

Source: downloads.simulationcraft .org/aggixx/havoc/legendaries

[YOU HAVE TO DELETE THE BLANK CHARACTER]

EDIT: Here are some Rogue sims (browse yourself) simc.skasch .com lots of examples between 2-5%
    Last edited by mmoce2b8a383b1; 2016-08-22 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Focus on the topic please.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    When i first saw this ring i almost wet myself but the real data put me back to the ground. It looks really powerful, but unfortunately it isn't
    Maybe we shouldn't be extremely surprised considering half of those 40 seconds isn't into any major cooldowns. Also we have the evidence of WoD where the ring was more powerful than a bloodlust for DPSing. Bloodlust appears to be OP also for healing in the general setting of a raid because everyone, including the tanks' defense and the healer's output becomes much stronger, making the dpses not only stronger but also more convenient to move around (or stay put) by being maxed up.

That being said it's still a strong item for just deeps, no question about it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Other people using bloodlust will give you sated so you can't use time warp. Only your time warp doesn't apply the debuff on you.
    No, it clearly says thats not the case on the ring. Have you actually tested this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Maybe we shouldn't be extremely surprised considering half of those 40 seconds isn't into any major cooldowns. Also we have the evidence of WoD where the ring was more powerful than a bloodlust for DPSing. Bloodlust appears to be OP also for healing in the general setting of a raid because everyone, including the tanks' defense and the healer's output becomes much stronger, making the dpses not only stronger but also more convenient to move around (or stay put) by being maxed up.

That being said it's still a strong item for just deeps, no question about it of course.
    I mean it is not weak in any case but it looses power when you don't use BL on pull, and so far it looks like most fights will require BL on some specific phase/mechanic so for fire Bindings of the Sun King looks more reliable. And Darckli's Dragonfire Diadem is much more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    You did the order wrong.
    Pull: You pop TW (No Temporal Displacement)
    40 sec: Shaman/mage/hunter uses their lust (You get Sated)
    5 min: You pop TW (Still works because of legendary)
    10 min: You pop TW again (Still works because of legendary)
    10:40: Shaman/Mage/Hunter uses their lust (Sated is over by then).
    This still only works on fights where you are 100% guaranteed that Raid Wide Lust is good on the pull, and will not be needed anytime in the next 10 minutes (say, for a burst phaze). Doesnt matter who pops lust, the ENTIRE RAID still gets sated. So the trinket is only situationally useful in the event that Lust on Pull is good. In any other situation, the person(s) with the trinket will be forced to wait till the first raid wide lust before they can use it.

If the 2.7% is accurate - or even if it's double that - Shamans have a ring that's better. Assuming 100% uptime (shouldn't be impossible) it literally gives a flat 6% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    You did the order wrong.
    Pull: You pop TW (No Temporal Displacement)
    40 sec: Shaman/mage/hunter uses their lust (You get Sated)
    5 min: You pop TW (Still works because of legendary)
    10 min: You pop TW again (Still works because of legendary)
    10:40: Shaman/Mage/Hunter uses their lust (Sated is over by then)

This way you get 3 full lusts in fights that are 5:40 or longer (as opposed to fights of 6:20 or longer like you suggested), 4 full lusts for fights 10:40 or longer and 5 for fights 11:20 or longer. This of course means that you are the only one benefiting from this order because in someone else's case if you pop TW first then their order will begin with someone else using TW just like you said.
    Only works if the raid only cares about your DPS, and I don't think mages will be THAT broken.
    Your TW applies TD to everyone except you, so the Shaman's lust only benefits you.

OT: It might be the strongest legendary for mage, but other classes do in fact have similarly powerful legendaries.

Demo locks have a shard spender turned into free or a generator depending on talent choice.
    Frost DK gets a 25% frost damage buff on a 1m cooldown (comparable to 30% haste on a 5 min CD).
    UH doubles the strength of its 3m and 10m cooldowns.
    SPriest gets 1/4 lingering insanity stacks converted to voidform stacks on entering Voidform.

Worth noting that several legendaries rather than buffing major CDs buff baseline abilities by a smaller amount, resulting in a similar DPS gain. They just sound less exciting.
    Last edited by AwkwardSquirtle; 2016-08-22 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuya90 View Post
    here you go:
    Thank you, but i hoped that Ahovv will provide something that proofs his assumption

You can use TW without giving everyone sated debuff if the group leader is willing to kick/invite you.

Idk if it will lock you out from loot if you do this during the encounter, but there should be no risk doing this prepull.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Only works if the raid only cares about your DPS, and I don't think mages will be THAT broken.
    Your TW applies TD to everyone except you, so the Shaman's lust only benefits you.
    As a shaman, I've used lust many times for other dps (who died or w/e), any half decent player would be able to press that off the gcd button when asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    If the 2.7% is accurate - or even if it's double that - Shamans have a ring that's better. Assuming 100% uptime (shouldn't be impossible) it literally gives a flat 6% increase.
    fire and nature won't be a problem. But the frost one you won't be able to keep up 100% even with icefury and elemental blast or you would have to fire off unbuffed frost shocks which would cost you more dps than you gain by keep up the buff. It also requires quite a bit of extra micromanagement on top of max icefury usage. I'd just roll EB with this ring and wouldn't care about icefury to maintain buff
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2016-08-22 at 11:54 AM.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=132410/shard-of-the-exodar

I've skimmed over all other dps legendaries and I didn't notice anything remotely as powerful. Healers get several strong ones, but not dps. This one was the best, not even close.

So, why exactly hasn't this been nerfed yet? I guess mage is going to yet again molest the meter.
    i did notice 1 or 2 things , the legendary ring that gives you a shield of 30% of yr health would be extremely Op in raids , althou its just a dmg buffer.
    the boots that give you haste and movement speed when you apply slow of some kind
    i mean its easy to not grasp the potential of a legendary item but i wouldn't worry blizz will fix it after reading the results after 3 months from legendary statistics
    and such and nerf it here and there.
    so ehm yeh don't worry i guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    You can use TW without giving everyone sated debuff if the group leader is willing to kick/invite you.

Idk if it will lock you out from loot if you do this during the encounter, but there should be no risk doing this prepull.
    It unfortunately doesn't work - BL/TW affects everyone in the raid instance, not just raid group (tested it several times). And they increased range to some insane number sou you can't outrange it Not sure how it works in 5m dungeons, i tested it only in raid instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    It unfortunately doesn't work - BL/TW affects everyone in the raid instance, not just raid group (tested it several times). And they increased range to some insane number sou you can't outrange it Not sure how it works in 5m dungeons, i tested it only in raid instance.
    that's unfortunate. It worked doing CM's in WoD/MoP so I took that as reference. Seems I was wrong, sorry!

Deleted
    that's unfortunate. It worked doing CM's in WoD/MoP so I took that as reference. Seems I was wrong, sorry!
    I never tried if before 7.0 so no idea how it worked, but they changed few things about it with 7.0 --> e.g. range increased from 100y to 50000y

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Because this kind of thing isn't necessarily relevant. Let's say a mage does 300k DPS, and this legendary gives them 292k or whatever it was. That means a mage is doing 592k DPS. Let's say a rogue is doing 350k DPS and their legendary of choice gives them 250k DPS. They're doing 600k DPS.

The legendary items may not all give the exact same DPS number, but they don't have to because classes are different (!) and their items, artifacts, and spells are balanced as such.
    The graph showed the dps with the legendary equipped, not how much it adds. Just to avoid any confusion regarding the strength of it

The extra timewarp at first glance seemed OP to me as well but thinking about how it would work in practice and seeing the math I realize it is fine and nothing special for fire.

On any encounter where bloodlust is not used at pull the ring obviously is nearly useless since it will most likely not grant you the extra time warp you want, let alone when you want it. Good chance this will be the case during progression (which really matters) where you want to save bloodlust to push hard phases.

On any encounter where you can bloodlust at pull you need to ask yourself if you can allign the free bloodlust usage with cooldowns, trinkets and dps potion to make it worthwhile. But honestly, I am casting so many instants when I use Flame On+Combustion as fire that bloodlust in general does not feel like the center point of my damage/burst at all right now since I am just spamming instants. The 2,7% increase from simcraft actually feels and makes sense when discussing fire.

*reads thread*

But what about its impact on Arcane? :O

fire and nature won't be a problem. But the frost one you won't be able to keep up 100% even with icefury and elemental blast or you would have to fire off unbuffed frost shocks which would cost you more dps than you gain by keep up the buff. It also requires quite a bit of extra micromanagement on top of max icefury usage. I'd just roll EB with this ring and wouldn't care about icefury to maintain buff
    You think an unbuffed Frost Shock every ~30 (?) seconds costs more than 2% overall damage? I somehow doubt that.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=132410/shard-of-the-exodar

I've skimmed over all other dps legendaries and I didn't notice anything remotely as powerful. Healers get several strong ones, but not dps. This one was the best, not even close.

So, why exactly hasn't this been nerfed yet? I guess mage is going to yet again molest the meter.

Its actually considered our 2nd best legendary for fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikha View Post
    "Equip: Your Time Warp does not cause Temporal Displacement on yourself and is not affected by Temporal Displacement or similar effects on yourself."

Or similar effects implies that sated wouldnt debuff you. So in theory you could get bloodlust, then pop time warp immediately after, and if the fight goes for 5 mins you could pop time warp again.
    Pretty much this right here, it takes a special brand of stupid to have a mage use Timewarp if you have a Shaman in the raid (which you probably will).

Let's then take into consideration Mythic raid comps, and factor in having 4 mages; if only 1 had the legendary that'd be one thing, but later in progression if all 4 had it- boy oh boy. Another tier where mages will be the most damaging class, again.