Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Nah its why the memes "Tanned German" and "Workplace violence" are used to describe terrorist attacks now.

Only people to the very far left haven't noticed everyone else is aware of it happening.

You wouldn't believe the shit storm you can kick off by calling a eunuch a eunuch rather then a newly "made" women.
    Well then again it's a terrible comparison since it's not even the same in a technical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Thurin linked someone who were imprisoned for it.
    "Scandinavia" is not one country.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Yet alcohol which is far worse than marijuana can be bought just as easy as buying milk in many countries.
    Very often you will find that justice by itself, is pretty stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you assume I am not? Alas, one person can't change the laws, as you probably already know.
    What have you done already?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Without even getting into the usage of marijuana being harmful, just the fact that most people that buy it are simply helping criminals in the black market getting money and power, by itself, is harmful enough.
    Which is kinda why it needs to be legalized
    I don't approve of the use of marijuana, but I don't really see the point in spending billions fighting it. It's completely pointless and a massive waste of resources, when it could be grown and sold legally to the benefit of the state AND the individual.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Very often you will find that justice by itself, is pretty stupid.
    I'm aware.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2533960

Getting off with a slap on the wrist because you're rich and white shouldn't happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Now this guy is a complete asshole, im just trying to get into your thick skull that you can indeed get jail time for calling someone nigger, this isn't the USA :P
    Which is a shame, more countries should adopt the USA approach to free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're confusing "Western countries" with "developing nationalist regimes" like Venezuela or Turkey. If you're thinking this is happening in North America/Europe, it pretty much flat-out isn't.
    I really don't think he is. While people often take over the top examples of twitter based political correctness and desire for the censorship of competing opinions as their smoking gun when talking about the creep in of authoritarianism in the west, the truly disturbing elements are often elsewhere in the political spectrum. President Obama somewhat recently compared gun control legislation to automotive safety regulation and during the answer very casually describes the state of heavy surveillance and preemptive action the government uses to police and restrict terrorist sympathizers which is a deeply deeply authoritarian state of affairs and much more akin to Orwell's 1984 than people who act outraged on the internet in the spare time.

This answer was lauded by his supporters and democratic party supporters in general as the common sense answer to the gun control debate, and there was no great outrage from opposition over the fact that they are in a very real sense now restricting their own citizens based on the "thoughtcrime" of sympathizing with terrorists and publicly maligning that they cannot pass legislation to allow them to further restrict the rights of citizens who have committed no crimes. I find that so terribly out of character for a country that is supposed to have a deep deep libertarian streak in its DNA, and a sign that not only has authoritarianism started to creep into the culture, but its become rapidly normalized.

Deleted
    Honestly I think it's fine for laws to restrict behavior that will negatively impact the quality of life of other citizens. Why do you want to legally be able to call someone racist slurs if not to be able to go around calling people racist slurs? What benefit is there to hate speech being legal? And why is your right to call someone a "nigger" more important than that person's right to be able to live comfortably in their country? Racism/hate speech isn't, and shouldn't be, a civil right.

Deleted
    Sure, the laws here are stupid. Now we've talked about it.
    I guess the kettle doesn't want to admit it's color and just keep pointing at the pot.

Thurin linked someone who were imprisoned for it.
    From Norway. One country. And it was a much bigger case than simply saying the word nigger. Stop trying to oversimply for shit just to fit your broken argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Nitro Funs head exploded when he read DisposableHeros post right after he wrote "more countries should adopt the USA approach to free speech".
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Its human nature that those who were once oppressed, after being free from their oppression will turn around and engage in the same oppressive behavior just from the new moral perspective. No human society is free from this as humans always have an out group that they pen their troubles upon. Its most likely your ideology is currently in waning from its current position of power and a new one, formally held back by yours, will take its place.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    The US and free in the same sentance. Hiiiillaaarious!
    If anything, the US is far more controlling and does waaaaaaaay more surveillance of it's own citizens and their private lives. Yeah let's all be MORE like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I guess the kettle doesn't want to admit it's color and just keep pointing at the pot.
    Except there is no kettle in this case. I'm born in the US, I don't intend to stay here all my life. I don't have to like the laws here to work here.

- - - Updated - - -

The US and free in the same sentance. Hiiiillaaarious!
    If anything, the US is far more controlling and does waaaaaaaay more surveillance of it's own citizens and their private lives. Yeah let's all be MORE like that.
    I said free speech.

Deleted
    Except there is no kettle in this case. I'm born in the US, I don't intend to stay here.

- - - Updated - - -

I said free speech.
    That really doesn't change anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    That really doesn't change anything.
    Yeah, it does if you're gonna keep harping on about the stupid laws here when I don't agree with them in the first place and have no intention of staying here all my life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    you are right, he said half ape too, wich is just as bad as the other word.
    Directing it directly to that person, seeking that person out to make that insult.

Being an asshole has consequences. You can disagree with someone, you can dislike someone, without being a giant douche about it.

Deleted
    Thurin, are you gonna keep linking that? Ofc Germany has strict laws on Nazism. It's almost as if they had a lot of trouble with Nazism, idk, about 70-80 years ago.

Deleted
    Which is kinda why it needs to be legalized
    I don't approve of the use of marijuana, but I don't really see the point in spending billions fighting it. It's completely pointless and a massive waste of resources, when it could be grown and sold legally to the benefit of the state AND the individual.
    From my own personal experience I've noticed you don't get rid of the criminal presence in the market by legalising it but only move it from production/distribution to mainly production.
    That's my experience though.
    And it's also off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    Thurin, are you gonna keep linking that? Ofc Germany has strict laws on Nazism. It's almost as if they had a lot of trouble with Nazism, idk, about 70-80 years ago.
    To be fair a war on two fronts was really more the issue...