The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Don't you recognize a flip flop when you see it? Don't you know how important that stance of him was? Or at this point you don't care what he says because if true trump is now 100% inconsistent on his plan. Or better yet do you believe him after all he said about illegal immigrants?
    It may not be as big a flop as you think. I read today, he has not finalized the plan to deal with illegal immigrants who are here and are not harmful criminals. His campaign spokesman said they are working on a plan and will announce what it will be in more detail this Thursday. It does sound like it will be a different one than just rounding up 11+ million people and deporting them.

I think he also understands he can not win with only 70% support from the Republican base. This is a move to help win some more over I think. And it may help him get more Hispanic votes. Which he needs.

I really do not care how much a candidate flip flops as long as the flips and flops are better stances. Besides, any of them will be limited by law, the Constitution and Congress what they will be able to do anyway.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-08-22 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    In 2008, the federal budget outlays were ~$2.98 trillion. In 2009, they spiked to ~$3.52 trillion. In 2016, they're projected at ~$3.95 trillion (see linked White House historical tables for more data in between).

It takes some really creative accounting to refer to this as a decrease in spending.
    It has come down in % of GDP terms since 2009, which was the last Bush budget, from 24.4% of GDP to 21.4% of GDP. The deficit in 2008 was 3.1% of GDP, in 2009, 9.8%, and in 2016, 3.3%, and 2016 is a small spike compared to 2014, 2015, 2017, and 2018.

I'll agree it's probably not fair to say that Obama has made a huge decrease in spending, since that relies on comparing 2009, the last Bush year, which was in the middle of the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression, to 2016, when things have mostly recovered. But I also think it's unfair to claim that Obama has massively grown government spending, when compared to GDP.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Don't you recognize a flip flop when you see it? Don't you know how important that stance of him was? Or at this point you don't care what he says because if true trump is now 100% inconsistent on his plan. Or better yet do you believe him after all he said about illegal immigrants?
    Either his team is important, and then this plan will be heavily influenced by them in directions they will like - making it not a flip-flop but "different language" for basically slightly tamed proposals. After all, outright ban transformed into "extreme vetting" before.

Or they are invited just to catch specific voter demographics - and then by elections it'll have everyone who can be convinced to join Trump since he is not Clinton, allowing voters to pick and choose anything to justify voting for him and ignore the rest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It may not be as big a flop as you think. I read today, he has not finalized the plan to deal with illegal immigrants who are here and are not harmful criminals. His campaign spokesman said they are working on a plan and will announce what it will be in more detail this Thursday. It does sound like it will be a different one than just rounding up 11+ million people and deporting them.

I really do not care how much a candidate flip flops as long as the flips and flops are better stances. Besides, any of them will be limited by law, the Constitution and Congress what they will be able to do anyway.
    I bet that if Hillary flip flopped you would be calling her a liar. Also here is a video of Donald Trump on saying that he would deport most if not all illega immigrants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Either his team is important, and then this plan will be heavily influenced by them in directions they will like - making it not a flip-flop but "different language" for basically slightly tamed proposals. After all, outright ban transformed into "extreme vetting" before.

Or they are invited just to catch specific voter demographics - and then by elections it'll have everyone who can be convinced to join Trump since he is not Clinton, allowing voters to pick and choose anything to justify voting for him and ignore the rest.
    The proposal is literally amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants. His team will just say they will give it to the good ones and I suppose be done with it. It's a flip flop, regardless of how you see it. Also the outright ban to extreme vetting was at least in the same vein of ideas, this is a 180° spin.
    In addition of being a very risky move of trading his already existing voting base for the latino vote and some independents, however with the baggage he has I'm not convinced this will result in a positive.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet that if Hillary flip flopped you would be calling her a liar. Also here is a video of Donald Trump on saying that he would deport most if not all illega immigrants.

- - - Updated - - -

I would call her a liar anyway without any flip/flops. She has had different stances on subjects in the past such as gay marriage to name one. But the difference is, she will not even admit it is a change of her stance. And I know perfectly what Trump's stance was in deporting illegal immigrants. And the announcement this Thursday he plans on, may not mean no deportations. But rather a softer stance on deportation for all illegals here.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would call her a liar anyway without any flip/flops. She has had different stances on subjects in the past such as gay marriage to name one. But the difference is, she will not even admit it is a change of her stance. And I know perfectly what Trump's stance was in deporting illegal immigrants. And the announcement this Thursday he plans on, may not mean no deportations. But rather a softer stance on deportation for all illegals here.
    So Trump is allowed to flip flop and Hillary isn't. Dude don't try to be impartial and just admit that you favour Trump more than Hillary and you are far more forgiving of his actions than on Hillary. And in regards to the announcement, I never said it may not mean no deportations but its a flip flop of 180° of his signature stance. The same stance that won him the primaries.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-08-22 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    nytimes is making a big deal about Hannity supporting Trump, like duh he only says it every episode. Nytimes is heavily biased against Trump. Pot calling the kettle black.
    Supporting and advising are different things.

So Trump is allowed to flip flop and Hillary isn't. Dude don't try to be impartial and just admit that you favour Trump more than Hillary and you are far more forgiving of his actions than on Hillary. And in regards to the announcement, I never said it may not mean no deportations but its a flip flop of 180° of his signature stance. The same stance that won him the primaries.
    and a stance that will cost him part of his base... so we may see TX going blue and the repubs losing spectacularly
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    She is a frail old invalid, you need to stop buying into whatever you are thinking.
    Wow. People are actually buying into this nonsense?

It is an intriguing claim, but there is no evidence that Clinton has any health problems right now. Her doctor has released a detailed letter about her medical history (far more detailed than the one Trump's doctor released).

Or do you think the "leaked" medical records that have already been proven to be fake are somehow real? http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...ecords-leaked/

Or do you think the single old photo of her slipping on chairs is proof, while ignoring the plethora of photos showing that she climbs stairs just fine? http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...ing-on-stairs/

Or do you think she is actually wearing a defibrillator instead of the transmitter pack for the wireless microphone she was using?

Or do you think some doctors desperate for attention can actually diagnose someone based on cherry-picked photos and allegations floating on the web?

When nonsense like this spins up, and it is proven to be one lie after another after another, there should be a point where you starting thinking, "Hey, maybe these people are lying to me?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol who cares about Clinton's health? Trump looks about one taco bowl away from a heart attack. Old people aren't the healthiest ever, holy fuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    She is a frail old invalid, you need to stop buying into whatever you are thinking.
    Bullshit she is... And I'd like to see you endure a 12 hour deposition and come out in shining colors like she did.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: so,also on topic... Dump just declared the Clinton foundation to be the "most corrupt in political history and should be shut down". Dafuq is his tactic!? Is that Breitbart CEO just telling him tospew absolute nonsense allegations now!?

Someone on CNN today suggested that Trumps doctor may not even exist as his bill of health had laymans terms and no real medical diction to them, none the less proven that the doctor actually exists.

Then there are stories his doctor padded his resume, claiming a title he had not had in 20 years. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennif..._11565838.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Bullshit she is... And I'd like to see you endure a 12 hour deposition and come out in shining colors like she did.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: so,also on topic... Dump just declared the Clinton foundation to be the "most corrupt in political history and should be shut down". Dafuq is his tactic!? Is that Breitbart CEO just telling him tospew absolute nonsense allegations now!?
    Spewing lies is what Breitbart and ailes do, it doesn't matter if it is true so long as someone out there thinks it is true and votes accordingly. These two are some of the first people in media to realize that lies sell which is why they got away with telling stories about McCain banging a black whore and having an illigitimate child that he raised to get Bush elected to nominee. The truth was that they adopted a girl of Indian descent, and that is obvious if you ever looked at a picture of the girl but truth doesn't matter if you can get a lie to spread faster than the fact check.

Alies and Brietbart have always been about spreading lies faster than fact checks, take the presidency by hook or by crook.

and if you can get a lady to have sex with you and your friends upon demand to get a job, well that is a literally cherry on the fat slob cake.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-08-22 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would call her a liar anyway without any flip/flops..
    It is fair to say that Hilary Clinton has lied. Nobody here will dispute that.

It is not fair to say that you will vote for Trump, because Clinton has lied. It is a matter of exceptionally common public record that Trump, both through his campaign and by his own direct words in public, lies way more often and way more dangerously. That, or he has no idea what he's talking about in matters of the economy, immigration, taxes and national security, which
    a) is a level of ignorance unacceptable in the President
    b) is arguably way worse than knowing the truth, and saying something else instead.

Fact-checking Trump is like shooting fish in a barrel sometimes. 42% unemployment, African American homicide rates, Mexico exporting rapists (don't forget the rapists!), the letter from the NFL, and even his own denials (he claimed he didn't mock a disabled reporter when HE DID IT ON LIVE FUCKING CAMERA) are all obvious shots. I won't link Politifact because it's been linked enough, but fact-checks of his speeches are all over, from USA Today, the Washington Post, the LA Times, the Wall Street Journal, NBC, ABC, the Boston Globe, CNN, CBS, NPR, FOX News (yes, fucking seriously, they used the line "These statements make only passing acquaintance with reality" holy shit), Reuters, the BBC, and I'm sure you get the point by now.

Hell, even Breitbart seems genuinely excited when Trump gets one "mostly correct". And some of those seem reaching.

Has there ever been a politician as adverse to telling the truth in public than Trump? It's genuinely hard to tell. Fact-checking didn't exist at this level during, say, the Nixon administration, but then, Trump and his team have access to this same information-gathering technology. You'd think they'd use it once in a while. But it's impossible to deny that Trump either deliberately lies about easily-checked information directly to his followers, or else he doesn't know easily-checkable facts and makes shit up on the fly. Neither is a redeeming trait. Either way, his level of dishonesty and/or knowledge is at the point where voting for him, based on what he says he will do with important issues, is foolish. Because you no longer know if he's telling the truth, either by intentional lie or by ignorance. I mean, is he even pro-life? Not even Trump knows anymore.

Oh, and don't say you know what Trump's stance was on deporting illegals. You know for a fact he employs them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It is fair to say that Hilary Clinton has lied. Nobody here will dispute that.

It is not fair to say that you will vote for Trump, because Clinton has lied.
    If you want to be honest, at this point it is totally fair to flip a coin and go with whatever side wins since both are shit. You are just picking your favorite loser at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmcghosty View Post
    If you want to be honest, at this point it is totally fair to flip a coin and go with whatever side wins since both are shit. You are just picking your favorite loser at this point.
    No, its not fair to say that. Becuase regardless of how shitty Trump and/or Clinton is or if they are equal. Trump emboldens crazy alt right nuts and his election would do so only further.

Thats not true at all. Clinton could be an decent president. Chances that Trump will be a dangerous one are high.

So unbelievably wrong and you know it. Hillary's presidency will not destroy the country like a Donald Dump presidency.

You think you are just voting for president? That's cute. No, you are voting for president and which president opens the door for an entire party of assholes who come in behind them to decide how you are going to live your life.

George Bush was elected because the average man felt, "He would be great to get a beer with." and his administration threw us into the largest economic dump hole in history because they were passing bills based on how much money they could get for their pet projects at home.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    So unbelievably wrong and you know it. Hillary's presidency will not destroy the country like a Donald Dump presidency.
    You put too much value on the power of the president. It sounds like you don't even know what a president can or cannot do. Plus, you aren't psychic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You think you are just voting for president? That's cute. No, you are voting for president and which president opens the door for an entire party of assholes who come in behind them to decide how you are going to live your life.

George Bush was elected because the average man felt, "He would be great to get a beer with." and his administration threw us into the largest economic dump hole in history because they were passing bills based on how much money they could get for their pet projects at home.
    You started off okay, but after you said "that's cute" you let your bias pull you to wrongsville.

If you said that a President would elect a Supreme court justice as well as appoint people in key govt positions that can impact the way justice is handled, you;d be right. But no, you went full partisan blinders and tried to appeal to emotion and not facts.

Both of them are still shit. Tough luck if you don't approve of me not kissing your golden girl's ass.

Oh, And Congress passes bills/laws. That is an entire separate branch of govt and are elected separately.

You put too much value on the power of the president. It sounds like you don't even know what a president can or cannot do. Plus, you aren't psychic.

- - - Updated - - -

You started off okay, but after you said "that's cute" you let your bias pull you to wrongsville.

If you said that a President would elect a Supreme court justice as well as appoint people in key govt positions that can impact the way justice is handled, you;d be right. But no, you went full partisan blinders and tried to appeal to emotion and not facts.

Both of them are still shit. Tough luck if you don't approve of me not kissing your golden girl's ass.

Oh, And Congress passes bills/laws. That is an entire separate branch of govt and are elected separately.
    Oh so I say 'thats cute' and go into wrongsville but you can justify 'kissing your golden girls ass' like that isn't partisan. Kettle, meet pot. By the way, thats cute... kissing golden girls ass. You going to call her a cunt next? Classic partisan blinder trying to appeal to emotion and not facts.

We also all know that when a people go to vote for a president they check the same party down the list so the president who gets elected usually gets houses elected too, for example when barrack was on the ticket Democrats surged in both houses, when not they lost ground because democrats didn't go to vote if barrack wasnt on the ticket.

I'll also note I didn't say one side was full of more asses than another, I stated that they would let a whole party worth of assholes in, both parties have assholes. So nice try, you heard what your mind wanted to hear and ran around all kneejerk pretending to be the victim.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-08-22 at 03:39 PM.