Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Since you seem to be passive aggressively talking about me here...

As I mentioned many moons ago, I wasn't talking about the leveling experience. You're the one that went on that tangent. And I maintain that this isn't a problem. Players have the tools they need to contribute to these battles. They may die because of bad luck, but the encounter isn't meant to be a walk in the park.

And considering that literally all of the dozens of such encounters I've seen have been resolved, this mass epidemic of players ducking the fight is unlikely to be as widespread as you make it out to be.

But please. Go on. Please continue assuming you have all the answers and that everyone that has the temerity to disagree with you or have a different point of view is wrong. Go on being repeatedly aggressive for no reason. Please go on assuming you're 100% right and know everything and then plug your ears and go "lalala" when people don't line up behind you and just agree with you completely.
    So it isn't harder for melee of any level to avoid these mechanics you are saying? When some can literally spawn on top of you? What part of that are you being purposely ignorant about? Am I also the only one that has pointed that out either? No, but yet here you are still trying to argue this point when even you said you die to these mechanics. So why are you still arguing against this?

Finally as these invasions go on less and less max level toons will be doing them as the shards get people next to nothing. So what will happen? You will have more leveling toons doing it and them tagging and running causing these final stage fights to go on for long periods of time. Has it happens a lot yet? No, but I have already been in a few where that has happened.

But , keep arguing against everyone you seem to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    and stupid dps who get aggro.
    I have literally hit an invasion boss once and had it decide to walk on over and roflstomp some of my alts.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I'm not signing off that abilities are off, it's highly possible but something confuses me here.
    One of you says in a way that you are surrounded with level 30s and other one claims that there are ilvl 700 around. What do you mean by lower level then?

I think that these 2 scenarios are possible - one where you are on low levels, you are phasing with other low levels and abilities are off/one shotting you. That is fine. Another secnario is where there are level 100s and bosses is stronger, you are lower level and abilities one shots and that is fine as well. What does not make sense is that you would expect that you get boss scaled down while other 100s are running around.

So you haven't done it on lower level toons or noticed at all? All the mobs and even the end boss are scaled down to your level check it out next time. The problem is the bosses special attacks hit you as if you are 100 check that out next time. Thus they one shot you.
    Fight the boss that does the big fire balls. The boss will say a few levels or so above your level but those fire balls will still say level 100 on them if you click on them. So if one hits you it is instant death.
    Comprehend yet?

It's fine for melee - learn the damn mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

My favourite is the one that shoots green lightning out of his ass for 300y in every direction oneshotting with every tick. Was quite a ways away from the boss on my mount in the air watching from a distance until I was shot out of the sky, instantly procced my rogues cheat death and then splat, dead within a second. The mark of doom is fantastic too, it's the "I choose you" death mechanic, fortunately levelling a rogue I can cloak of shadows or eat it with cheat death, RIP other classes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    How is it fine for melee when you're in a situation with no solid tank, with a boss that is running around oneshotting players at random, when you have no healers and boss abilities that don't scale down to level? Oh you're going to learn that mechanic that will one shot you 3x over and is unavoidable?

People are levelling alts in a situation where an unavoidable AOE damage tick will one shot their characters, the chains ability? one shotting their characters. Mark of doom? one shots their characters. Those big doomfire aoe casting things? they will one shot the low level characters and have an absolutely masssive radius.. The shadow grip? if you go anywhere near that on a low level it will one shot your character when it grips.

Learn the mechanics, hah.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-08-22 at 02:32 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Heathe View Post
    For starters, the pre-launch event is unlike anything we've seen recently for an upcoming expansion. Another thing worth realizing is that we are under a fully-fledged Burning Legion invasion. This is not supposed to be an easy task. If players aren't dying and struggling to defend themselves and the rest of the world against the Burning Legion, there wouldn't be any real perceived threat of defeat or annihilation. If you're finding yourself overwhelmed by an invading force, you should seek help or find an alternative way to deal with it. Doesn't really make sense for you to be able to run into a horde of demons and handle it by yourself.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the actual expansion more than you are enjoying the pre-launch event. Have fun
    No one is saying to be able to do it by yourself. Heck no one is saying they shouldn't die if the over pull which has always been the case in the game. The problem is one shot mechanics what can't some of you get here. Add in depending what faction and where it is you can not always get a Rez from the spirit rezzer or can have a walk back to your body across a near whole zone. It isn't the biggest deal ever in the history of the game just annoying when it happens and sucks to miss out on good xp when it does. And xp is the whole reason a low level there in the first place so to lose it sucks. Understand now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I find it impossible to keep any tanks up.
    I tried, I tried it on my pally, my shammy, my druid, my priest and my monk.
    Even if you have a tank tanking long enough to spam any heal enhancement routine, they will end up dying.
    That is not counted the numerous situations where tanks keep taunting off each other, making it hard to heal anything at all.
    I mean people are not grouped up. I pick my healing targets by focussing the boss, and seeing who the boss is focussing.
    So I heal the boss' focus. If that focus hops from one player to another, to yet another, to yet another, to again another, etc, I can't keep track, I can't keep them up.
    All shit hits the fan if there is one tank actually tanking, and other tanks are not continuously taunting off, and due to bullshit amounts of damage the tank dies, not other tank takes over and the boss just chases dps after dps after dps, killing half of them wile running around everywhere.

I read everywhere, if healers would just throw out heals...
    It's very hard, it's not always undoable, especially if there are several healers who keep track of who the boss is focussing on.
    But those situations rarely happen.
    Well, tough shit then, when you have died 3 times without a single heal you just let the DDs zerg the boss down.

Not all melee depending on level and some mechanics are rng where they go, who they go on and when they tick for damage and can and do one shot people. This isn't a mythic raid where I expect a one shot with no forgiveness mechanic. What is so hard to grasp here?

Deleted
    I dare say most melee die from beeing hit in the face with bare fists.

Also many classes can do absolutely nothing about Curse of Doom.

I think that these 2 scenarios are possible - one where you are on low levels, you are phasing with other low levels and abilities are off/one shotting you. That is fine. Another secnario is where there are level 100s and bosses is stronger, you are lower level and abilities one shots and that is fine as well. What does not make sense is that you would expect that you get boss scaled down while other 100s are running around.
    I'm not sure if you understand the system right now. All players are in the same zone, it doesn't matter if you are level 10, level 50 or level 100. The mobs and abilities scale with the player. For example a level 10 player sees the same mob with 100HP, while a level 100 sees it with 1000000. When a level 10 crits for 10, it reduces the mob health by 10%, so for the level 100 the level 10 just hit for 100000.
    And also the mobs abilities scale. While the firerain may tick for 5 hp/s for the level 10 player, it ticks for 10000/s for the level 100. But some abilities are buggy, and the downscaling does not work properly. One direct example here: One boss casts greenish fire areas under random players. It instantly ticks, but it does not tick high so the player can easily run out. But if this ability is targetting a level 100 player, the bug is that it ticks for the same amount on a level 10 player, killing him instantly.

So "what I expect" is already how it is, (almost) everything gets scaled to the appropriate player level.
    Last edited by Puri; 2016-08-22 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plato13 View Post
    Looks like someone is playing on a PvE server
    Indeed, it feels to me most of the people complaining in this thread seem to be playing on a PvP server where the issue is not the boss mechanics insta-gibbing, but rather the fact that nearly all classes have cleave which obliterate any lower levels that dare to come nearby. When I was playing on an x-realm PvP server this pretty much made the event unplayable, although xp-wise the simple solution is to dive in when the boss is at 80+%, get revived, and stay alive at a distance until the boss dies.

That said, the experience on PvE servers is much, much, MUCH more enjoyable as it is actually possible to contribute. Leveling my ranged character I have had only a few unfortunate deaths from badly scaling 'stuff'. On my melee it can be a bit more dangerous but nothing like some of the others here seem to be experiencing.

Do you read only what you want to read or what the fuck?
    I gave 3 possible outcomes where 1 is not possible and there is 1 which you mentioned just now. Conclusion is - I already knew before you asked me if I "comprehend" it. You, however, can't control words.
    Yet you keep asking and questioning not just me but others that have told you multiple times what is happening.
    So again I will ask you do you comprehend yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Indeed, it feels to me most of the people complaining in this thread seem to be playing on a PvP server where the issue is not the boss mechanics insta-gibbing, but rather the fact that nearly all classes have cleave which obliterate any lower levels that dare to come nearby. When I was playing on an x-realm PvP server this pretty much made the event unplayable, although xp-wise the simple solution is to dive in when the boss is at 80+%, get revived, and stay alive at a distance until the boss dies.

That said, the experience on PvE servers is much, much, MUCH more enjoyable as it is actually possible to contribute. Leveling my ranged character I have had only a few unfortunate deaths from badly scaling 'stuff'. On my melee it can be a bit more dangerous but nothing like some of the others here seem to be experiencing.
    No I play mainly on pve servers and wouldn't dream of trying to level in an area where lots of level 100's are on a pvp server. Yet I still get one shotted by the final boss and some of the named bosses moves. Some are completely unavoidable like the debuff that when it ticks off you die unless your class has a despell ability or others can literally spawn on top of you if you get unlucky rng. And due to the instant death a leveling toon losses out on xp. Is it the end of the world? No.
    Is this a great way to level alts? Yes got 5 to 100 from this.
    But it is annoying for it to have one shot mechanics in it that is the whole point people are a making in this thread but some seem unable or unwilling to see this.

Gotta say, the only way I've been successful in surviving these invasions on a lowbie is doing them on my fledgling rogue.

If Cheat Death isn't up, I don't go in. Simple as that.

I don't really mind.

I don't think these invasions are supposed to be dealt with just like a regular raid, with everyone grouped up perfectly playing their role.
    I see these invasions as a caotic event, and I kinda like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Uhm, you are doing something wrong. I'm playing melee and I rarely die. The only ones dying are tanks and stupid dps who get aggro. Other then that, pay attention to mechanics and run out of shit on the ground (or in, in case of Shadow Gale).
    Unless you're a havoc demon hunter, in which case some mechanics are unavoidable and will just fuck you over. And as vengeance, you'll pull aggro pretty fast and die anyway after a short time unless someone decides to heal you

Granted, I don't group with people, so there's that factor too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, low level DPS can help kill stuff, and a low level tank can be really helpful.

But that low level healer won't do a thing to a level 100's HP bar.
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I find overall that the implementation of Invasions is rubbish.

The idea behind them was good and the intentions, but they given it 0 time.

You have graveyards without timers getting CD's upon res.

You can get in an invasion as a level 10 and it won't scale down to level 10 but you will be getting a massive amount of XP.

I had a gnome last night and I was lvl 3 while browsing around Dun Mor, which was under invasion.... THERE WAS NO NPC OR ANYTHING. No Zoning no nothing, the whole world was off for the whole invasion.

The XP issue that they have been playing with.

The issue with mobs damage scaling to lower level players.

A lot of issues to mention. It was just an unpolished content patch, like 2 people worked on it in general.
    Love it. Means trying to level alts asap before they end in a week and change

Yeah it's a joke. Even two geared tanks can't tank those bosses between them. It's very poorly designed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Over all most would agree this pre launch event if fun, added lots of cool stuff and a new way to power level alts and get super fun gear .. BUT I need to say that final stage is so unforgiving to melee what ended happening is tag the boss and run away .. What happens next? Boss runs around wiping ranged and we all have a nice rez party .. over .. and over .. and over again ..
    should have rolled a healer, i cant say ive ever had that problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    problem isnt just that theres no tanks, its that the healers cant get them target properly, im a 749 Guardian Druid, and with all my cds the boss still hits me for 300k damage, i have 1.2m hp, boss kills me in about 10 seconds without a healer, with a healer in abotu 15 seconds. the damage is tuned stupidly hi.
    Same here. 702 Vengeance DH and dead within seconds. I never get healed. The other problem is hunters not turning off pet taunt, causing the boss's cleaves to wipe half the people.