Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iDielord View Post
    You know where is REAL difference will be? See this:

Yes, mobs will be hitting you a LITTLE harder on 101 vs 100, but your damage increases substantially. I bet, everyone that played and leveled a character on beta saw how much killing speed raises with lvl 101. Its night and day really.
    My killing speed dropped drastically with each level I got on beta, till it leveled off at ~107. Course I have full mythic HFC gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    People who think they will be hitting L110 in 12-13 hours on their first run through are deluding themselves.

Once youve played through and know where to find quests and npcs things will speed up a bit. But that assumes you are on a fast killing, fast moving toon and know exactly what youre doing. Most people will likely take 18-22 hours for their first playthrough. IF they stick to levelling and not fucking about in Dal.
    ?? what

it took me 10 hours to hit 110 on my first playthrough using the 680 geared premade char, on my main (742 ilvl WW) it took me 7.5 hours. i think 7.5 hours is relatively slow too, compared to the times some people are pulling in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    Believe me, it is always worth it. And if you're worried about falling behind, just hearth back to the garrison or wherever when you can spare 2 minutes to turn in quests.
    nah, may be different in legion due to level agnostic zoning progression, but up until this point at least, its a total myth that this actually helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    nah, may be different in legion due to level agnostic zoning progression, but up until this point at least, its a total myth that this actually helps.
    Speaking from experience, it's not a myth.

This guy is right. If you do it right, having ANY EXP gains in the first few minutes of the game is helpful.

The ONLY potential problem here is if turning them in gets you behind so many others in zones and you are stuck waiting on spawns. While it isn't an issue for named mobs for quests as they respawn fairly quickly and are cross faction tag... just a number of mobs can be challenging (it was a few times in beta)... Make sure to have an instant ranged and AoE ready at any time so you can tag mobs.

Even if you ar going to keep going tagging a mob will net you EXP and save time waiting on spawns... of course you will still battle opposite faction as their tags are not shared. (Mobs turn grey)

Deleted
    speaking from experience, yes it is.

It appears we are an impasse...

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking from experience, servers often go to hell at expantion release and the leveling speed has much more to do with actually being able to play rather than with what you do

And by the time it take you to deliver all the quests and then travel to the legion zones another person who traveled straight to legion will have close to or more xp. You would want to get your artifact weapon asap before you get stuck in a bottleneck

IIRC, they've nerfed XP on these so there's no point.

Deleted
    You are all getting a headhache for nothing hahaha

speaking from experience, yes it is.

It appears we are an impasse...
    No, it appears you're just shit at handing in dailies (which really shouldn't be too difficult. In most cases it takes <2mins to hand in all your dailies and in the past get 30-50% of the first level. You can make that up in the first 5 quests if you are any good at questing (Yes, being fast at questing is relevant, if you are slow nothing you do will help - you should just sleep and log on the next day) and get to the front again. On top of this it meant you could go to the next zones far before anyone else and benefit from lack of competition / higher quest exp / etc.

Now most of that isn't really relevant and this time the quests are nerfed to hell. People can if they want but it's really not even close to the same gain we got in previous expansions. I personally don't believe it's worth it, as you'll be doing quests right after you ding anyway most likely and gain no actual benefit.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-07-19 at 11:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And by the time it take you to deliver all the quests and then travel to the legion zones another person who traveled straight to legion will have close to or more xp. You would want to get your artifact weapon asap before you get stuck in a bottleneck
    My situation is probably different than other people's, but since I'll be levelling with friends, and since my artifact quest chain is considerably shorter than theirs (~10 minutes vs 20-25 minutes), I can most definitely afford to spend that time waiting for them by being productive with xp gains, and not just dicking around in Dalaran.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    No, it appears you're just shit at handing in dailies (which really shouldn't be too difficult. In most cases it takes <2mins to hand in all your dailies and in the past get 30-50% of the first level. You can make that up in the first 5 quests if you are any good at questing (Yes, being fast at questing is relevant, if you are slow nothing you do will help - you should just sleep and log on the next day) and get to the front again. On top of this it meant you could go to the next zones far before anyone else and benefit from lack of competition / higher quest exp / etc.

Now most of that isn't really relevant and this time the quests are nerfed to hell. People can if they want but it's really not even close to the same gain we got in previous expansions. I personally don't believe it's worth it, as you'll be doing quests right after you ding anyway most likely and gain no actual benefit.
    you misunderstand the premise so your whole position is flawed, but quite frankly I dont see the point of correcting the ignorance of idiots who just throw insults. So carry on sucking.

You ignore progression, questing sequence, population clumping, competing for objectives/mobs and so on. But then if you cant factor in such variables, you lack comprehension of the issues to a level to make a judgement.

Deleted
    This was great in Cata, but I did not play Pandaland and I did not give a fuck in WoD. I doubt its worth it, since its way too hard to turn in enough Quests in a short amount of time.

Since it is hard for people to understand. Regular mobs can be tap by 5 people of the same faction, you get the same awarded xp as if you solo the mob yourself and loot from the mob. Since there is 4 zones to start from server population is going to split up big time. Mobs as well bonus objective items have an excellent respawn time, so you are not waiting around.

Now you want to hand in nerfed to shit WoD dailies go right a head, just means the people not doing that, will be starting their artifact quest. Because of that people are going to finish that ahead of you and starting their first zone in the Broken Isles and will be ahead of you.

you misunderstand the premise so your whole position is flawed, but quite frankly I dont see the point of correcting the ignorance of idiots who just throw insults. So carry on sucking.

You ignore progression, questing sequence, population clumping, competing for objectives/mobs and so on. But then if you cant factor in such variables, you lack comprehension of the issues to a level to make a judgement.
    None of this matters if you understand its <2mins to handin the quests. You will make that WITHIN 5 quests if you are any good at keeping pace while questing. You will be ahead of the pack.

In previous expansions progression never mattered since you skipped zones as early as you could, and because of that defacto removed all population issues. This is exactly what you are arguing for just objectively better (in previous expansions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You will be ahead of the pack.
    Since there's no linear zone progression in Legion the value of this statement is reduced only to the first zone. You'll get bunch of questing competitors in your second leveling zone and all ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesing View Post
    Hi everyone,

In past expansions it was beneficial to have a lot of dailies completed for XP for when the expansion hits for that 24-35% of a level of XP.

Do you think it is going to be the same for Legion and worthwhile or not bother and try to get straight into questing.
    No, not for you. This is only interesting for players that are going for realm first lvl 110 or other similiar things. (like me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81)
    If you were one of those players, then you would not need to ask this question since those players are very serious and start planning +4 months ahead of launch.

So, nope. Just start as normal. Complete all the zones for your artifact power, even if you're already 110. And just enjoy the leveling experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayntic View Post
    realm first lvl 110
    There is no such a thing.
    Maybe he just enjoy speed leveling or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    There is no such a thing.
    Maybe he just enjoy speed leveling or whatever.
    There are some unofficial leaderboards for the realm first competitions. And people like bragging rights