Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

1 Legion in all realities? CONFUSING!

Someone please help me clear this mess up!

So, according to WoD there's only 1 Burning Legion. They are one and the same in all realities, yes? Doesn't that mean that they can freely manipulate all timelines and outcomes in their own favor?

I thought the Bronze Dragons were all about keeping things happening properly. But if the BL is just one in all realities, the Bronze dragons can't really do shit about it. Which really, really trivializes what the Infinite dragons are trying to do. What's the point of manipulating 1 timeline and 1 alone, if the entirety of existance and all realities are still getting fucked up by ONE SINGLE BURNING LEGION?

Is our timeline, our reality, the only one that matters? Did nobody else do better than us?
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2016-08-22 at 02:55 PM.

I think that at this point you just need to roll with whatever blizzard does, the moment they made an entire expansion based on time traveling they messed around with so many things.

One of my favorite examples of where this does not make sense, is that if there is only 1 burning legion, AKA 1 Archimonde, 1 Kil'Jaeden, etc. Why is there 2 Velens and not a bunch of good Archimonde's and Kil'Jaeden. All three of these characters were of the same race in the same place in time. Maybe they will adress this in the future, but for now just play the game and enjoy the story, don't overthink it as it does not really make sense anymore.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Id like to think there are not infinite realities in wow. only a few that have split off from the main timeline due to time travel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I think the simplest way in explaining it is to consider the Twisting Nether as the binding agent of ALL realities in the Warcraft universe. And the Legion is really adept at traversing it.

Moreover, the Bronze Dragons; and all dragons for that matter, have lost their powers, or at least a substantial part of their powers since Cataclysm.
    But by going into realities you can influence them into your favor by changing events. The Burning Legion has been doing, what the Infinites have been attempting, but for... well, since forever. Yet the Infinites have only meddled with our reality. Why aren't they out there changing every other reality?

If your mind can encompass the legion, but stops at the concept of one legion in all realities, then you're just not trying that hard.

Is this a generation of people who's imagination is busted?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    I think that at this point you just need to roll with whatever blizzard does, the moment they made an entire expansion based on time traveling they messed around with so many things.

One of my favorite examples of where this does not make sense, is that if there is only 1 burning legion, AKA 1 Archimonde, 1 Kil'Jaeden, etc. Why is there 2 Velens and not a bunch of good Archimonde's and Kil'Jaeden. All three of these characters were of the same race in the same place in time. Maybe they will adress this in the future, but for now just play the game and enjoy the story, don't overthink it as it does not really make sense anymore.
    Fuck, I didn't even consider that... That's a whole new level of shit. It makes no sense there'd be 2 Velen and not 2 more Archimonde and KJ when even in the WoD reality, that reality's KJ and Archi also joined the BL... Fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    If your mind can encompass the legion, but stops at the concept of one legion in all realities, then you're just not trying that hard.

Is this a generation of people who's imagination is busted?
    I can imagine it. That's not even the issue. It seems your own comprehension is the problem here, not mine. The problems are the giant holes it creates in the story that I need explained, that you so handily seem incapable of responding to.

Deleted
    http://www.dccomics.com/sites/defaul...9.11031355.jpg

Basically this. The Nether is the DC Comics Bleed.

15+ Year Old Account

In both timelines known to us Kil'jaeden and Archimonde got corrupted with Sargeras' offer of power. Now, if Sargeras and the BL can transcend all timelines and realities, then Sargeras' reach for those two could affect all the timelines in the same time. Once KJ and Archie got infused with demonic powers, they became attuned to Twisting Nether, its reality and all the rules that come with it. (potentially effectively merging the "AU" and "MU" and any other versions into one being)

Does it sound teeeeny-tiny bit far-fetched? Yes, but it will definitely be cleared up in the Chronicles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But by going into realities you can influence them into your favor by changing events. The Burning Legion has been doing, what the Infinites have been attempting, but for... well, since forever. Yet the Infinites have only meddled with our reality. Why aren't they out there changing every other reality?
    Who said they aren't? King Blackmoore is just one of the examples of the Infinites messing with other timelines.

Actually, if there is only one Legion, and infinite realities, then the Legion cannot possibly win.

Someone please help me clear this mess up!

So, according to WoD there's only 1 Burning Legion. They are one and the same in all realities, yes? Doesn't that mean that they can freely manipulate all timelines and outcomes in their own favor?

I thought the Bronze Dragons were all about keeping things happening properly. But if the BL is just one in all realities, the Bronze dragons can't really do shit about it. Which really, really trivializes what the Infinite dragons are trying to do. What's the point of manipulating 1 timeline and 1 alone, if the entirety of existance and all realities are still getting fucked up by ONE SINGLE BURNING LEGION?

Is our timeline, our reality, the only one that matters? Did nobody else do better than us?
    our timeline is the prime timeline with all others braching from our own
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    In both timelines known to us Kil'jaeden and Archimonde got corrupted with Sargeras' offer of power. Now, if Sargeras and the BL can transcend all timelines and realities, then Sargeras' reach for those two could affect all the timelines in the same time. Once KJ and Archie got infused with demonic powers, they became attuned to Twisting Nether, its reality and all the rules that come with it. (potentially effectively merging the "AU" and "MU" and any other versions into one being)

Does it sound teeeeny-tiny bit far-fetched? Yes, but it will definitely be cleared up in the Chronicles.
    But then it would mean that all the creatures that get tethered to the Nether get stolen out of all other realities they existed in. Right? I suppose that would be a way to explain it, if that was the way they explained it. Though that would mean that a lot of creatures would just vanish from their other realities and none of that has ever been implied.

Just don't think about it too hard. Blizzard certainly doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    Id like to think there are not infinite realities in wow. only a few that have split off from the main timeline due to time travel.
    Interesting idea, I like this one. Most people are taking the multiple/infinite realities principle for granted nowadays, even when there's (afaik) nothing in WoW that hints towards this being the case.

That's a good observation. But we also have to keep in mind that Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde did not live in Draenor. Only Velen and his Draenei lived in Draenor, whereas KJ and Archy stayed back in Argus. So in a sense, this alternate reality takes place AFTER the betrayal in Argus and when Velen had crashed in Draenor.

Also, in regards to there being only one Legion. Demons come from the Twisting Nether. Even more so that demons cannot die unless they are killed there. Since the Twisting Nether is what binds realities, what lies between the void and the light, it would make sense that the Legion is able to traverse through the WoD alternate universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    our timeline is the prime timeline with all others braching from our own
    So everyone else sucks and is just another woopsie version of us?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    That would make a bit more sense of it all. But the whole WoD deal implies that it's not just a few timelines. They actually looked through tons of them to find the right one where all variables fit so that Garrosh could go there. That implies infinity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    That's a good observation. But we also have to keep in mind that Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde did not live in Draenor. Only Velen and his Draenei lived in Draenor, whereas KJ and Archy stayed back in Argus. So in a sense, this alternate reality takes place AFTER the betrayal in Argus and when Velen had crashed in Draenor.

Also, in regards to there being only one Legion. Demons come from the Twisting Nether. Even more so that demons cannot die unless they are killed there. Since the Twisting Nether is what binds realities, what lies between the void and the light, it would make sense that the Legion is able to traverse through the WoD alternate universe.
    So you're saying that perhaps the whole Argus deal happened at the same time in both universes?

So, according to WoD there's only 1 Burning Legion. They are one and the same in all realities, yes?
    I remember a tweet to that effect or something (I'm not even sure how canon it was), but I've elected to completely ignore it. It makes so little sense and opens up so many plot holes that it's the very first bit of lore in Warcraft that made me say "...okay guys, you've lost me". As far as I'm concerned, there's one Burning Legion per timeline, just like everything else. The BL we fought in WoD was the Alt!Legion, and this expansion features the real one.

So everyone else sucks and is just another woopsie version of us?
    kind of. the legion continually shatters these timelines and destroys them. so most of them dont last long

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanceOmikron View Post
    I remember a tweet to that effect or something (I'm not even sure how canon it was), but I've elected to completely ignore it. It makes so little sense and opens up so many plot holes that it's the very first bit of lore in Warcraft that made me say "...okay guys, you've lost me". As far as I'm concerned, there's one Burning Legion per timeline, just like everything else. The BL we fought in WoD was the Alt!Legion, and this expansion features the real one.
    so how does your head canon wrap its head around gul'dan? considering hes the same one from wod
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

what's the problem? legion can do whatever they want with other universes, we still have a thing that BL really want, so they are forced to invade us.
    and the point on bronze dragons? their work is to mantain unchanged our timeline and infinites want fuck up our timeline, changing our history.
    meanwhile AU is another universe, indipendent from our. changing its timeline changes its history, not our.

and i never will understand the complains about archies and kil'jaedens, until they aren't demons they are separate, when accept the gift, PLOP! merged together.
    isnt so difficult to imagine...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceOmikron View Post
    Except the Gul'dan featuring in Legion isn't ours, but the alternate one. Kil'jaeden even makes a big deal out of that with Gul'dan in the Tomb.

Deleted
    probably easiest to think of the legion as 4 dimensional beings, with us being 3 dimensional beings.

which is hard enough to explain in and off itself. but something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnURElCzGc0 can give it a try.