Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Damn i miss it so much , give us back 40 man raids it was so awesome to have so many people and noise.
    You mean about 30 people carrying their weight an 10 afk or herp derping? 40 man raids were nothing short of a clusterfuck from the very beginning. They'll never be back and thank god. I couldn't imagine trying to find 40 people who weren't neck beards at this point with the games community.

Also the whole pruning argument literally makes no sense. Scaling content/mechanics back in Vanilla was not nearly as complex as it is now. That's why 10man fights in some cases were often harder than the 25 man equivalent because of raid comp and fight mechanics.

Vanilla NAXX for example, you needed 8-9 tanks for 4 horseman, do you know how terrible that was? No thank you.
    Last edited by Thelin; 2016-08-22 at 03:59 PM.

Damn i miss it so much , give us back 40 man raids it was so awesome to have so many people and noise.
    Absolutely not.

They were a complete nightmare to organize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the noise of 20 people afk and on /follow?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    We got a quick reminder of what they looked like with 40man MC not too long ago. I still have the mental scars...
    imagine if the curses didn't get nerfed to the point you could almost ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    imagine if the curses didn't get nerfed to the point you could almost ignore them.
    I played a paladin in Vanilla. Buffing 40 people with 10 minute buffs.. ONE BY ONE. By the time you were ready to pull you had like 3-4 minutes left on the damn thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand why the format was abandoned. I never raided 40 man, as I didn't start until late TBC. Wish I'd had the chance.

If they ever do legacy servers, people will be able to relive 40 man raiding as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Absolutely not.

They were a complete nightmare to organize.
    I guess you didn't even play back then right?

Why do you people say it was a nightmare to organize?

THERE WERE NO PUGS APART FROM THE VERY END of Vanilla - MC AND A BIT OF BWL.

A guild would run usually 5 officers at the very least and everything was the same as raids now.

There are 40man raids. It is called world bosses. Does first few weeks of Oondasta ring a bell?

We have people complaining about the fixed 20 man size for Mythic raids. What makes you think they would want 40 man raids to return?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    I played a paladin in Vanilla. Buffing 40 people with 10 minute buffs.. ONE BY ONE. By the time you were ready to pull you had like 3-4 minutes left on the damn thing.
    whisper cast.... it was annoying for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    I understand why the format was abandoned. I never raided 40 man, as I didn't start until late TBC. Wish I'd had the chance.

If they ever do legacy servers, people will be able to relive 40 man raiding as it was.
    it was quite different, the content wasn't as punishing, only like 15-20 people were carrying the raid tbh. You didn't care if you got a DC or if you were eating and playing, it was more enjoyable I'd say than now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    There are 40man raids. It is called world bosses. Does first few weeks of Oondasta ring a bell?
    Oondasta was a World boss? More like a wipe heavy, server crashing zergfest.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of talking out of the ass in here, but here's a veterans opinion. (Been raiding since MC in 2005)

No, they won't bring back 40 man raids, simply because the game model has shifted entirely. 40 man raids were amazing and fun, and I was part of the group of players that got to enjoy them to the max. I raided MC, BWL, AQ40, and 2 wings of Naxx 40 before BC came out, and it really was the most entertaining raiding I've ever done.

But it's gone, and it's gone for good.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

whisper cast.... it was annoying for everyone
    Whisper cast wasn't out in MC.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I guess you didn't even play back then right?

Why do you people say it was a nightmare to organize?

THERE WERE NO PUGS APART FROM THE VERY END of Vanilla - MC AND A BIT OF BWL.

A guild would run usually 5 officers at the very least and everything was the same as raids now.
    every guild officer / class leader did the equivalence of what a guild/raid leader does now, it was a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    Whisper cast wasn't out in MC.
    I certainly used it in MC and my guild was 3rd ally guild to kill rag on the server
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2016-08-22 at 04:08 PM.

every guild officer / class leader did the equivalence of what a guild/raid leader does now, it was a nightmare

I certainly used it in MC and my guild was 3rd ally guild to kill rag on the server
    Considering VERY few add-ons even existing when the game first launched when MC and Ony where the only two raid encounters. There weren't even additional action bars yet. WowAce had some of the very first add-ons.. one which was decursive. Whisper cast did not even exist yet but whatever you say pal.

Whisper cast was late 2005, around November. Molten core, ony, and even BWL were out before then but keep on making shit up.
    Last edited by Thelin; 2016-08-22 at 04:13 PM.

It wasnt, I was an officer in a heavy progress guild.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    It wasnt, I was an officer in a heavy progress guild.
    Finally. Hell even googling debunks his bs.

https://wow.curseforge.com/addons/project-1399/ Date created
    Oct 25, 2005

patch 1.6 was july 2005

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.6.0

people dont even have the patience to wait for a 10 man to fill. do you think they will wait for a 40 man? and even if you got it filled. generally when 1 person leaves after a wipe, 5 go with him. then 5 more leave waiting for those 5 to get filled.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    we dont want 40 mans.. so no.

without acknowledging that raids of today are 1000% more complex than vanilla/bc raids, 40 man sizes will not work. i dont want the complexity of todays raids with 40 people, where 1 person can wipe the whole raid. its bad enough with just 20.
    The most complex thing in our Vanilla Molten Core raid was convincing the 7 mages to help out the 3 druids de-cursing on Shazzrah.