Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this even on here?.... If you've already taken the test, then there's nothing that can be done. Certainly asking random people on the internet isn't going to change that either.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakthir90 View Post
    Perhaps idiot was a poor choice of words. Ignorant? A bit more fitting.
    Please explain to me why I'm ignorant, using post quotes as examples.

The truth is, you just sound like a sheep, someone brainwashed by our government to think Cannabis is bad because "the government says so". Grow a pair.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBravo View Post
    On the job application they said if I were to be terminated within the first month of the job, I would have to pay a $25 fine to cover the costs of the drug screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the support! It's a pre-employment drug test so I don't blame them.

Honestly, if it's pre-employment, why did you even bother? Why not wait until the initial trial/pre period was over, then go back to normal? Especially if they say on the application that if you fail during the first month, you'll need to pay the $25. This indicates A) You will be drug tested within the first month, B) there is a cost, so this is almost guaranteed to happen during the beginning of the job. You couldn't wait a month?
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    It doesn't matter what the government says.

So because the government says that Cannabis is just as bad as heroine and cocaine, that makes it true? I'm sorry, but these "cold hard facts" you speak of contradict this, because it's not.
    It's funny how to are telling people to get educated but showing how ignorant you are in the process. Go look up the definition of drug, it's not a bad word, Pot is a drug, quit acting like it's not. I also can't say I can call it a "natural" herb to be honest either. It's been altered so much to be stronger and stronger over the years through genetic modification (I bet you think that's a bad term too).

10+ Year Old Account
    Please explain to me why I'm ignorant, using post quotes as examples.

The truth is, you just sound like a sheep, someone brainwashed by our government to think Cannabis is bad because "the government says so". Grow a pair.
    They're saying that just because it's "natural" or whatever doesn't make it not a drug. Alcohol and cigarettes are also drugs... this fact doesn't change what cannabis is, a drug. You should be arguing that it's classified in the same category as heroin which is completely fucked up.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Master Guns;42000469]I love how everyone is responding like this is 1940 and not 2016.

It's cannabis, people. He's not doing drugs.

Yet he is doing drugs, because cannabis is a drug. You are being ignorant to the fact that it is a simply because you enjoy doing it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the UK, drug tests are pretty mandatory for certain job roles. Police, paramedic, public transport workers etc. Basically, anything where you being on drugs could put the safety of others at risk.
    It's the same here, in Ontario at least, for the most part mandatory or random drug tests are illegal with a few exceptions (e.g., police officer). The only other time they can force anybody to take a test is if they have evidence to believe it's affecting their work. Which is how it should be. Unless my personal life is affecting my work negatively then what I do in my own home is of no concern to my employer.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    They're saying that just because it's "natural" or whatever doesn't make it not a drug. Alcohol and cigarettes are also drugs... this fact doesn't change what cannabis is, a drug. You should be arguing that it's classified in the same category as heroin which is completely fucked up.
    ...except, that's exactly what I'm arguing. The fact that Cannabis is classified in the same category as heroine and cocaine. Which is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I have yet to find a company that is fine with their workers being stoned. Of course, not meaning literraly but if you have some % of drug in you which you should not, it will affect your work. Same goes with alchocol. Cigarettes are bad but not that much to go "Holy shit I saw my boss with 2 heads and in rainbow fluroscent colors and I felt great!" or whatever one can see or feel under influence...
    Do people really think that's what you see when you smoke pot?

And if you don't think cigarettes affect your work, try working with a smoker and not giving them a smoke break. After about two hours they get real bitchy, then sweaty, then all they think about is how long it's been since their last cigarette until they can suck one down. It becomes almost a panic and their brain only focuses on the addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...except, that's exactly what I'm arguing. The fact that Cannabis is classified in the same category as heroine and cocaine. Which is dumb.
    No you initially said cannabis wasn't a drug, somebody stated that it in fact is. You went off on a tangent about people being government drones and lopping it in with heroin/cocaine when nobody has done that in this recent exchange, they were saying it is just, in fact, a drug.

No, you are also arguing that it's not a drug. Just because it shouldn't be classified at that same level doesn't mean it's not a drug. Then you call people sheep because you don't know meanings of words.

Sorry but in what country and for what job do you have such tests?

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Drakthir90;42000921]
    I love how everyone is responding like this is 1940 and not 2016.

It's cannabis, people. He's not doing drugs.

Yet he is doing drugs, because cannabis is a drug. You are being ignorant to the fact that it is a simply because you enjoy doing it.
    Of coarse it's a "drug", but it's not classified in the same category in any sane persons mind. Because the term "drug" is used so ambiguously, pro cannabis activist like myself refrain from calling it that to get their point across, that it's not the same thing. Because it isn't.

I used to have a special herbal tea i ordered from the internet that makes you pass drugs test if you drink it the day before the test. It worked marvelous but had a rancid taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyBravo View Post
    So I took a SALIVA drug test (kept a piece of cotton in my mouth for a couple minutes). I was sober for about a week, and then I started smoking again for about 10 days. In those 10 days I smoked daily, but LESS THAN 1 gram collectively. I smoked 36 hours prior to the test. In those 36 hours, I brushed my teeth, gums, tongue, cheeks, etc vigorously followed by a 2-3min mouthwash every morning, mid-day, and night. I also chewed a bunch of gum, drank plenty of water, and I'm only 125lbs with a very high metabolism. The tests are getting sent to a lab, so it's not the immediate on-site test.

I've read that THC is only detectable up from 1-12, 1-24, and 1-48 hours. But then I've read horror stories where it can be up to 72+ hours. If anyone has been in a similar situation as me (casual/light, but daily smoker), any serious answers or past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Good news, you fail horribly..

THC is detectable for atleast a week, some times up to a whole month..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

You appear to be misunderstanding me here. I'm not putting weed in the same category as cocaine or heroin. I'm not even saying they are in the same ball park. What I am saying, is it is a drug. A good chunk of the world also agrees on this. How many places is it legal in vs illegal? I get that you enjoy smoking, but don't be an idiot.
    How much of the world considers it illegal is irrelevant. Based on scientific fact (studies and double blind counterstudies, and meta analysis) it is significantly less physiologically addictive (not at all, all of the addictive potential of weed comes from habit development), you can't overdose on it and it won't lead to kidney failure.

And for the record, I neither drink alcohol nor smoke weed, in fact the only "drug" I consume on any basis is caffeine, and even I still think that bar a few notable exceptions they should all be legal and regulated.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns

Of coarse it's a "drug", but it's not classified in the same category in any sane persons mind. Because the term "drug" is used so ambiguously, pro cannabis activist like myself refrain from calling it that to get their point across, that it's not the same thing. Because it isn't.
    Then you're one of the activists who are doing more damage than good for marijuana legalization. You're using the same tactics as the government, by spreading lies and misinformation. No It's not as a bad as cocaine or heroin, but it is a drug, and it can have negative effects on the body. But so can nicotine, ethanol, and caffeine all of which are also drugs and can have negative effects on the body.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2016-08-22 at 04:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, lies and misinformation. That's hilarious.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, lies and misinformation. That's hilarious.
    Was that direct at me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    How much of the world considers it illegal is irrelevant. Based on scientific fact (studies and double blind counterstudies, and meta analysis) it is significantly less physiologically addictive (not at all, all of the addictive potential of weed comes from habit development), you can't overdose on it and it won't lead to kidney failure.

And for the record, I neither drink alcohol nor smoke weed, in fact the only "drug" I consume on any basis is caffeine, and even I still think that bar a few notable exceptions they should all be legal and regulated.
    I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be called a drug, what i'm saying is that it is. That is a fact that cannot be denied. Don't get me wrong, I am not anti weed. But at the end of the day, regardless of studies, it is classed as a drug and that is what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Then you're one of the activists who are doing more damage than good for marijuana legalization. You're using the same tactics as the government, by spreading lies and misinformation. No It's not as a bad as cocaine or heroin, but it is a drug, and it can have negative effects on the body. But so can nicotine, ethanol, and caffeine all of which are also drugs and can have negative effects on the body.
    That wasn't my post lol.