Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd like to point out a differing viewpoint: more women should freeze their careers and focus on their eggs instead. It's not even funny any more how disgustingly out of proportion leftists make this. Your body has an expiration date on reproduction; your career much less so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    curses, foiled again

i would've had you this time may if not for your meddling homosexuality

we shall meet again!
    I still have many tricks up my sleeve!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    I'd like to point out a differing viewpoint: more women should freeze their careers and focus on their eggs instead. It's not even funny any more how disgustingly out of proportion leftists make this. Your body has an expiration date on reproduction; your career much less so...
    And if we don't want to? We have free will you know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No, only men can decide for you how you should live your lives! /s
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    My advice is, in general, to people who actually care about this meager life of ours. You can choose not to. Technically I'd say you can do whatever you want in your life as long as it doesn't harm others, but this is in very, very broad terms and people often misunderstand me about it. Your line can die out without me caring all that much, although I'd say it's a shame your life happens to be so that you've actually made up your mind to not have any children.

It's a very simple logic problem. Women make better babies and make them easier when young, and since children are crucial to society we need to encourage them to have children and have them earlier on. Unless you have something against civilization... :^)

My advice is, in general, to people who actually care about this meager life of ours. You can choose not to. Technically I'd say you can do whatever you want in your life as long as it doesn't harm others, but this is in very, very broad terms and people often misunderstand me about it. Your line can die out without me caring all that much, although I'd say it's a shame your life happens to be so that you've actually made up your mind to not have any children.

It's a very simple logic problem. Women make better babies and make them easier when young, and since children are crucial to society we need to encourage them to have children and have them earlier on. Unless you have something against civilization... :^)
    Caring about my life doesn't mean I have to care about children. I don't care about lineage and genes either, it will not matter one bit to me when I'm dead and gone. Why's it a shame for me if I've decided to be childfree, and happy while being it? Even then, I'd much, much rather regret not having biological children and instead adopt, than regret having biological children. Because you can't ever stop being a parent, and it will forever change your life.

We need to cut down population for a good few decades actually, before we as an opulent species destroy the rock we live on via overconsumption. People should be encouraged to lead their lives as they want to, if it makes them happy and hurts nobody else.

I don't have anything against civilzation, I have something against the greed, abuse, and short-sightedness that permeate it. By abuse I don't mean the patriarchy or rape culture, or that kind of absolute BS...just making sure that's at least clear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The question is how consistent those patterns is. You've said many times, for example, that we should go back to traditional families, with women being housewives. However, you see today a huge number of women focusing on their careers; probably the vast majority of women, actually, work on their career, either along with raising children, or without children at all.

So the pattern is, women, just like men, tend to work on their careers. So you are wrong on this count. You are also wrong on other counts too: if you can name something that is prevalent in women more than men, to a level of consistency similar to that of 5 toes on each foot - I would really like to hear it.
    Woah woah hold your horses

I think it's better for society as a whole to use things like stable biological families and gender roles - for the sake of rearing well-adjusted children and creating a stable framework for for longer term prosperity and social harmony - instead of basing our model of human social interactions on the conflicts of marxist class struggle, identity politics and paranoid victim-narratives

(Also don't forget that women were happier before they were expected to have careers etc)

But let's do that after I'm retired or dead, thanks, personally I'm not a fan as it wouldn't suit my lifestyle

It's a case of what is good for the individual is not good for the collective (just like Trump's tax plan)
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-08-22 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

I think it's better for society as a whole to use things like stable biological families and gender roles - for the sake of rearing well-adjusted children and creating a stable framework for for longer term prosperity and social harmony - instead of basing our model of human social interactions on the conflicts of marxist class struggle, identity politics and paranoid victim-narratives

(Also don't forget that women were happier before they were expected to have careers etc)

But let's do that after I'm retired or dead, thanks, personally I'm not a fan as it wouldn't suit my lifestyle

It's a case of what is good for the individual is not good for the collective (just like Trump's tax plan)
    I don't think what's good for society should ever trump what's good for the individuals. We don't live in communism, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Women can have it ALL but only if they are smart enough to freeze their eggs as an insurance policy. I will grant you it is an expensive endeavour but most 20 something women can either save the money up or borrow it from their families. The way I see it cryopreservation of their dwindling egg supply is like making an investment. It is not secret that a woman's fertility declines beyond the young age of 26 so why shouldn't women think more long term and save up the best eggs while they still can.

While freezing eggs is a no guarantee of producing a healthy baby. Only 10% viable.

Frozen embryos have a much high success rate.

Yes, you want to have a child with your soul mate- but for all you know they may have problems with their sperm. You may also not meet this person until later in life.

Creating and freezing embryos made with quality donor sperm if you are under 30 is an insurance policy. 60%+ viability with this method.
    So....now YOU are the sole arbitrator of what makes a woman successful? Or the only decider of what is "having it all"?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Returning that phrase to you; we're so far ahead now that we don't need those kinds of personal sacrifices for the 'good' of the collective. And the good of the collective also means for us to cut down our population size, because we're kinda overworking the planet we live on. :I And if it dies, WE ALL die, and that's very definitively.

And by 'all' I mean everything on the planet, not just us a species. Life may resurface later, but we will be long gone.

Deleted
    Caring about my life doesn't mean I have to care about children. I don't care about lineage and genes either, it will not matter one bit to me when I'm dead and gone. Why's it a shame for me if I've decided to be childfree, and happy while being it? Even then, I'd much, much rather regret not having biological children and instead adopt, than regret having biological children. Because you can't ever stop being a parent, and it will forever change your life.

We need to cut down population for a good few decades actually, before we as an opulent species destroy the rock we live on via overconsumption. People should be encouraged to lead their lives as they want to, if it makes them happy and hurts nobody else.

I don't have anything against civilzation, I have something against the greed, abuse, and short-sightedness that permeate it. By abuse I don't mean the patriarchy or rape culture, or that kind of absolute BS...just making sure that's at least clear.
    Like I said - I don't care about you in the personal. But having all this nice this around not-us after we're gone is what I want to keep for the future generations.

I'd also like to point out that neglecting the future is about the definition of short-sightedness...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't think what's good for society should ever trump what's good for the individuals. We don't live in communism, after all.
    Social harmony is not the same as artificial equality; nor does the good of society have to necessarily trample the individual, there is a middle ground

Using biology to determine the right model for social interactions is like using modern medicine to cure illness - we just need to get over the taboo and stop using the leeches and lobotomies (which is where we are in the social sciences)

We don't need to rely on made-up theories of "how the human body should work" and "how genders should behave" - we have plenty of data to determine rather clearly what hormones do, how brain chemistry differs between men and women, what satisfies and fulfils different genders in a generalisable way, and how other primate societies behave

Like I said - I don't care about you in the personal. But having all this nice this around not-us after we're gone is what I want to keep for the future generations.

I'd also like to point out that neglecting the future is about the definition of short-sightedness...
    Yeah, ruining the planet counts under that... It cannot sustain a bigger population than what we have now, so it's responsible to take that in mind when deciding not to have progeny. .__.

Social harmony is not the same as artificial equality
    What the hell are you smoking and can I have some? People seek equality because they want to. Of course, doesn't always mean it's justified, but who the hell are you to decide that? And what the hell does the rest even mean, you're not backing it up with anything.

There are people who like and still adhere to ye olde nuclear family+gender roles, they can do that...that doesn't bar anyone else from not doing/liking it and do their own thing...

We don't need to hold people up to sacrificing their personal freedom and well-being to raise new cogs for a machine...that's rather cold. And you're a bit hypcritical when you said it should after you're dead because it doesn't suit your lifestyle...tsk tsk.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-08-22 at 05:56 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, ruining the planet counts under that... It cannot sustain a bigger population than what we have now, so it's responsible to take that in mind when deciding not to have progeny. .__.
    Stop being so conditioned. Having kids will not destroy the planet any more than breathing will remove all the oxygen in the atmosphere.
    A great deal of the overall waste created by Western societies would be *not there in the first place* if we still had functioning families, BTW.

No, humans, do what you want to do...don't let anyone tell you otherwise(to a point mind you),

OP

Should men freeze their swimmers and only worry about their careers?

No, of course not...both are nonsense.

Don't know why anyone on this forum is worrying about what they're going to do with their hypothetical careers or their hypothetical children.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

This garbage reads like a Tennisace shitpost. I'm surprised we don't have Endus here parading around how great of an idea this is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    This garbage reads like a Tennisace shitpost. I'm surprised we don't have Endus here parading around how great of an idea this is.
    You know how Down's Syndome children have a very similar appearance?

It's kind of like that.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Stop being so conditioned. Having kids will not destroy the planet any more than breathing will remove all the oxygen in the atmosphere.
    A great deal of the overall waste created by Western societies would be *not there in the first place* if we still had functioning families, BTW.
    And you say I'm conditioned...

Deleted
    And you say I'm conditioned...
    I do. The Western world is not even growing, it's pretty much just every other part of the world. Your procreation will not matter in the grand scale of things.

So what's your reason for the flip-flop "no you" comment?