Thread: About Illidan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Err...you need to nock Bolvar down another few notches, remove the dark titan since it doesn't exist, and the void lords a few lower, too (around Naaru level).

1. Sargeras
    2. Medivh
    3. Kil'Jaedin
    4. Archimonde (if he is still alive)
    5. Azshara

Yea there is no way the Lich King is #1 that is just dumb, and lol @ the idea that he would be stronger than a void titan. People really fanboy way too hard over how strong the LK is. He's probably top 10 at prime but doesn't come close to a Titan.

Aren't Medivh/Archimonde dead?

We know nothing about the Void Lords

And Illidan is probably at least as powerful as Azshara at this point if not stronger. Maybe back in WotA days prior to his conquest of Outland, Skull of Gul'dan consumption Eye of Sargeras, killing countless demons etc (which all makes him stronger) it would be a closer match

1. Sargeras
    2. Kil'Jaeden

Beyond that it gets debatable

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    Yea there is no way the Lich King is #1 that is just dumb, and lol @ the idea that he would be stronger than a void titan. People really fanboy way too hard over how strong the LK is. He's probably top 10 at prime but doesn't come close to a Titan.

Aren't Medivh/Archimonde dead?

We know nothing about the Void Lords

And Illidan is probably at least as powerful as Azshara at this point if not stronger. Maybe back in WotA days prior to his conquest of Outland, Skull of Gul'dan consumption Eye of Sargeras, killing countless demons etc (which all makes him stronger) it would be a closer match

1. Sargeras
    2. Kil'Jaeden

Strategos, you must be new to any topic BB "graces" with his presence, he has a hard-on for the lich king a mile long, if you want a laugh, just skim his post history

on topic thou, Archi im not sure of(insert "mythic archi is canon, died in nether, dead for good" debate here) Medivh is as far as i know MIA("and now i take my place among the legends of the past" and vanishes from the universe, leaving behind a number of afterimages in Kara, all with conflicting agenda's, one to piss you off, one to herald the legion, one to make his orc/draenei/human hybrid son a walking macguffin) and with the 7.1 trailer, its hard to say if Moroes was refering to Medivh, or Sargeras, leaning towards Sarg thou

as for listing them in that 5 most powerful, i think that was meant to be overall, not currently, as Sarg-possessed Medivh would be stronger then KJ and Archi, assuming Medivh wasnt doing all he could to dampen Sarg's power(which was likely the case given that Sarg wouldve killed anyone in his path while controlling Medivh, yet didnt)
    Last edited by Phazeblade; 2016-08-22 at 06:37 PM.

How was Illidan retconed?

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    Azshara was stronger than Mannoroth at WoTA, and she should have gained much more power since, so i'm not sure if Illidan could match.
    Mannoroth got taken out by Grom Hellscream. Don't get me wrong, Grom is a badass, but acting like that means a ton for Azshara isn't saying much.

Illidan took out Magtheridon very easily as well.

We have no reason to believe Azshara's power changed since she lost and became a Naga. She is as likely to have lost power as she is to have gained it.

We know for a fact now that Illidan (and any demon hunter) grows stronger with every demon they kill (similar to death knights with the living) and that he has consumed a number of powerful artifacts since the WotA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Care to explain everything here?
    I don't have the book quite at hand you see - Oh and I only read what's necessary.
    I don't care for all the filler stuff in books. I want facts which I can research :P
    If you want research, buy the books and read them yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Err...you need to nock Bolvar down another few notches, remove the dark titan since it doesn't exist, and the void lords a few lower, too (around Naaru level).

1. Sargeras
    2. Medivh
    3. Kil'Jaedin
    4. Archimonde (if he is still alive)
    5. Azshara
    The Void Lords are above Sargeras. Sargeras is terrified of them from what he witnessed. Thats why he has his burning legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    The Void Lords are above Sargeras. Sargeras is terrified of them from what he witnessed. Thats why he has his burning legion.
    For the nth time, no, he isn't "terrified of them from what he witnessed". He is terrified of the possibility of the birth of a Void Titan. Void Titan and Void Lords are different beings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Ummmm no KJ is the one who wanted Velen and the Draenei dead for years upon years while Archimonde didn't care.
    "Can still be used" is the keyword here. That can't be applied to Velen. KJ is a lot more reasonable / forgiving than Archimonde towards his followers.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Anyone who is well-versed in Illidan's lore could you give me an explanation why he did the things he did?

I read Wowpedia, and it was stated there that he is power-hungry, and from what I gathered faked allegiance to the Burning Legion.

But why didn't Kil'Jaden kill him outright if Illidan was dancing outside of the Legion's plans and he even killed powerful nathrezim dreadlords? Why did the Legion still let him live then?
    If you're really into the lore, you should read "Illidan: Warcraft". It recounts the whole of BC from Illidan's viewpoint.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    He is terrified that they might corrupt a titan. More about their potential than their power. From what I inferred from Chronicles, Void Lords are scary, but not that scary. We killed one way back in BC, did we not?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    We killed one way back in BC, did we not?
    To be fair, Xel'Atath claimed that Dimensius (and similar beings) is only "fragments, shadows, the faintest of echoes". Seeing that Dimensius didn't seem to have any problem with manifesting for a long time, he probably isn't at the same level as the Void Lords when they manifested or when they threw the Old Gods around.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    To be fair, Xel'Atath claimed that Dimensius (and similar beings) is only "fragments, shadows, the faintest of echoes". Seeing that Dimensius didn't seem to have any problem with manifesting for a long time, he probably isn't at the same level as the Void Lords when they manifested or when they threw the Old Gods around.
    "Do not put your faith in the black blade. It will deceive you. It will not be controlled."

Not to mention minions of the void are ALWAYS overhyping their masters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Because back then Illidan was never "the savior Illidan" Blizzard is trying to make him into now. He didn't give a fuck about anyone. He just wanted to escape KJ's wrath. Killing the legion was just a mean not an end for Illidan back then. He wanted to defeat the legion so he would be hailed as the hero. The goal is being the glorious hero.
    Green Jesus has given way to Purple Muhammed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Green Jesus has given way to Purple Muhammed.
    Illidan is a fleshed out, realistic character, with plenty of character faults, whom people can actually relate to.

Thrall is actually just a mary sue, hence green jesus

Blizzard isn't making Illidan a savior. The people are whining are just being retarded.

They're just showing you he had more reasons for doing what he did besides -becomes one dimensional villain with designated insanity- in TBC. That it's more complex and not a simple good vs evil confuses and upsets some people.

1. Sargeras
    2. Kil'Jaeden

*1. Azeroth
    *2. Sargeras

Just made a little modification there.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    *1. Azeroth
    *2. Sargeras

Just made a little modification there.
    Azeroth could be the most powerful being in the universe, or it could be corrupted away to nothing, or destroyed before birth. At this point unless Azeroth is Elune Azeroth is nothing more then potential.

Illidan is a fleshed out, realistic character, with plenty of character faults, whom people can actually relate to.

Blizzard isn't making Illidan a savior. The people are whining are just being retarded.

They're just showing you he had more reasons for doing what he did besides -becomes one dimensional villain with designated insanity- in TBC. That it's more complex and not a simple good vs evil confuses and upsets some people.
    After reading the book I am convinced a lot of people read a different book all together. Like you said Illidan is fleshed out in the book. In my opinion the book made him equal parts selfish and selfless. He has the big picture in mind, but damn it all, he's doing it his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    After reading the book I am convinced a lot of people read a different book all together. Like you said Illidan is fleshed out in the book. In my opinion the book made him equal parts selfish and selfless. He has the big picture in mind, but damn it all, he's doing it his way.
    It's just stupid hipsters who think they're oldschool when they played in TBC where Illidan was a one-dimensional evil villain with no depth.

And think they're flexing their epeens by being resentful about this 'new Illidan' from the book.

When in reality, this was the original Illidan from Warcraft 3 all along and 'TBC Illidan' is the one that was the botchery of lore, and either they just never played WC3 or didn't pay much attention when they played it to how different Illidan is from WC3 to TBC.

Until now, thanks to the book we get to see it all make sense.

It's just stupid hipsters who think they're oldschool when they played in TBC where Illidan was a one-dimensional evil villain with no depth.

And think they're flexing their epeens by being resentful about this 'new Illidan' from the book.

When in reality, this was the original Illidan from Warcraft 3 all along and 'TBC Illidan' is the one that was the botchery of lore, and either they just never played WC3 or didn't pay much attention when they played it to how different Illidan is from WC3 to TBC.

Until now, thanks to the book we get to see it all make sense.
    You have just spoken like someone who never bothered to read the WC3 manual which described the event of original WotA...

- - - Updated - - -

They are making him the savior and retconning shits. Don't need to look anywhere but the new flashback quest in Blackrook Hold. It's the retconned version of WotA's trilogy event. Now Ravencrest was the one who looked stupid because Blizzard changed the event. lul.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-08-24 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You have just spoken like someone who never bothered to read the WC3 manual which described the event of original WotA...

- - - Updated - - -

They are making him the savior and retconning shits. Don't need to look anywhere but the new flashback quest in Blackrook Hold. It's the retconned version of WotA's trilogy event. Now Ravencrest was the one who looked stupid because Blizzard changed the event. lul.
    Oh I read it.

If you think the original TBC Illidan was anything remotely similar to the WC3 Illidan, then you are illiterate.

He was always a bit of a nominal hero in Warcraft 3.

He saved Ashenvale by consuming the skull of Gul'dan and stemming the corruption of Felwood. He destroyed defeated Tichondrius, leader of the Dreadlords. These are heroic deeds, even if they were because of less heroic motivations.

Same with recreating the Well of Eternity, allowing Night elves to continue being immortal and draw upon magic.

Same with his campaigns against the Burning Legion on Outland, or his attempt to prevent the Rise of the Lich King.

His TBC plotline made no fucking sense - until now, thanks to the Novel.
    Last edited by Strategos; 2016-08-24 at 07:54 PM.

Oh I read it.

If you think the original TBC Illidan was anything remotely similar to the WC3 Illidan, then you are illiterate.

He was always a bit of a nominal hero in Warcraft 3.

He saved Ashenvale by consuming the skull of Gul'dan and stemming the corruption of Felwood. He destroyed defeated Tichondrius, leader of the Dreadlords. These are heroic deeds, even if they were because of less heroic motivations.

Same with recreating the Well of Eternity, allowing Night elves to continue being immortal and draw upon magic.

Same with his campaigns against the Burning Legion on Outland, or his attempt to prevent the Rise of the Lich King.

His TBC plotline made no fucking sense - until now, thanks to the Novel.
    Same with selling his people's plan to Azshara just because he would rather watch the world burn rather than let his brother had the girl right? Oh wait. And Illidan was trying to destroy the LK because he wanted to escape KJ's wrath.