Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    from 2010 doesnt mean all to much, we will know whats cannon for sure(they couldve changed their idea by now) once we will read it in other part of chronicles
    What about the actual quest text saying that C'Thun is dead?
    That statement hasn't been retracted, and I've not seen you offer me any evidence to the contrary. I have provided actual blizzard sources.
    Your argument seems to hinge on "I think this is the case," despite the evidence pointing the other way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That statement hasn't been retracted, and I've not seen you offer me any evidence to the contrary. I have provided actual blizzard sources.
    Your argument seems to hinge on "I think this is the case," despite the evidence pointing the other way.
    Because they never said it was no longer cannon, doesnt mean they have changed their minds on it orso, once we will get crhonicles saying if theyre dead or not we will be 100% sure, now we knows maybe dont consider it cannon anymore but havent told the players yet, like much stuff was also cannon but complelty changed with chronicles.

Because they never said it was no longer cannon, doesnt mean they have changed their minds on it orso, once we will get crhonicles saying if theyre dead or not we will be 100% sure, now we knows maybe dont consider it cannon anymore but havent told the players yet, like much stuff was also cannon but complelty changed with chronicles.
    The things that changed in Chronicle were either from conflicting sources (number of Old Gods) or introducing new information.
    Nobody stopped being dead. The titans stopped being alive but that fit with current sources in that they'd never made an appearance and Mists saying that they had been silent for centuries.

Deleted
    The things that changed in Chronicle were either from conflicting sources (number of Old Gods) or introducing new information.
    Nobody stopped being dead. The titans stopped being alive but that fit with current sources in that they'd never made an appearance and Mists saying that they had been silent for centuries.
    i asked Nobbel and hopefully will get answer, since he knows lore better then any of us. He likly knows way better then us all info about them.

i asked Nobbel and hopefully will get answer, since he knows lore better then any of us. He likly knows way better then us all info about them.
    So stubborn lol. Current evidence tells us that they're dead. That might change in the future but atm they're dead. Is is that hard to accept?

He's responsible but he's not there. I can't see him making an appearance in full. Maybe he'll send an avatar or something to herald his arrival so we learn he's broken free.
    Actually new sources hint that Yogg-Saron created the Nightmare within the Dream. According to the Shadow Priest artifact dagger that speaks to you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    So stubborn lol. Current evidence tells us that they're dead. That might change in the future but atm they're dead. Is is that hard to accept?
    older info/vids like old one from nobbel said we just beat their physcial forms thats all. from some older lore i found its says avdentures put c'thun back to sleep and just says yogg-saron was defeated, not killed.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2016-08-22 at 02:16 PM.

I have linked you the information about them. Why would you believe his links over mine? I mean I know he's a better storyteller than me, but the links speak for themselves. If you won't accept my currently canon information, you shouldn't accept his.If my information may not be canon, maybe everything else in the game is wrong too.
    Maybe in Chronicle II they'll put in that Thrall is actually Jaina in disguise, and Trade Prince Gallywix is a generous kind-hearted soul who only wants to help the poor, and the Cataclysm didn't actually happen, since apparently quotes from 2010 are out of date.

Deleted
    I have linked you the information about them. Why would you believe his links over mine? I mean I know he's a better storyteller than me, but the links speak for themselves. If you won't accept my currently canon information, you shouldn't accept his.If my information may not be canon, maybe everything else in the game is wrong too.
    Maybe in Chronicle II they'll put in that Thrall is actually Jaina in disguise, and Trade Prince Gallywix is a generous kind-hearted soul who only wants to help the poor, and the Cataclysm didn't actually happen, since apparently quotes from 2010 are out of date.
    from lore vid from few years ago it said just like the titants we thought c'thun was dead, but he remains a threat,and yoggsaron was defeafted not said it was killed, and we fought theire physcial manifistations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqUv2Nq8AFo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEt69rLH-e8
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2016-08-22 at 02:44 PM.

from lore vid from few years ago it said just like the titants we thought c'thun was dead, but he remains a threat,and yoggsaron was defeafted not said it was killed, and we fought theire physcial manifistations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqUv2Nq8AFo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEt69rLH-e8
    The reason C'Thun acts despite being dead is that its echoes remain, much like the Sha are to Y'Shaarj. It's also worth noting that the comic involves resurrecting C'Thun. It's pretty hard to resurrect something that's not dead.
    He also incorrectly cites "you can't kill an Old God because it would blow Azeroth up", which is clearly wrong based on the interview from Blizzcon, which points out that we did kill them and it did blow up during Cata. He must have been working from dated information. Even the most informed youtubers make mistakes in their research.

To this day I remember a quote saying that an old god cannot die, we can destroy its physical form, but it cannot truly die and it's influence is unending. Maybe it was somewhere in the Ulduar archives, maybe they said it somewhere some time back, but I'm 100% sure this was considered canon at some point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    To this day I remember a quote saying that an old god cannot die, we can destroy its physical form, but it cannot truly die and it's influence is unending. Maybe it was somewhere in the Ulduar archives, maybe they said it somewhere some time back, but I'm 100% sure this was considered canon at some point.
    could be possible if but if it gives it power so something like a mortal or makes avatar(chogal,, garrosh) and they get defeated its gone the old gods influence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Don't forget that the 2010 Blizzcon is the same Blizzcon where Red Shirt Guy schooled Metzen and Frasabi in their own lore. Things very well could have changed over the last 6 years. Chronicle will be the decider what is and isn't cannon from the games since there is conflicting info from the game. Take into account that despite a character being "described as dead" doesn't mean that they are dead.

I mean, in the pre-patch quest in Ulduar Yogg-Saron seems able to still whisper to you.

That is not dead which may eternal lie.

If we're hinging arguments on quest text, Varian isn't dead because he's obviously standing in half of my alts garrisons.

Didn't MU Cho'gall fused himself with C'Thun remains to become the Cho'gall that we see in Twilight raid?

This is something from the comic if I remember it well. I know he used the body for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I mean, in the pre-patch quest in Ulduar Yogg-Saron seems able to still whisper to you.

That is not dead which may eternal lie.
    I've answered the whispering already. Echoes remain, just like with the decidedly dead Y'Shaarj.
    And again, you don't resurrect the living. Cho'Gall tried to resurrect C'Thun. C'Thun is dead.

Nobbel is so overrated, I know lore better than him. He reads books and makes YouTube videos out of them, big fucking deal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Nobbel is so overrated, I know lore better than him. He reads books and makes YouTube videos out of them, big fucking deal
    What does overrated in this case even mean? He lives off of youtube and as a result it's in his best interest to inform himself about the topics he discusses. Many people out there may very well be better than others, but the fact that he has invested the time into making them into good quality and effective videos makes him successful in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    What does overrated in this case even mean? He lives off of youtube and as a result it's in his best interest to inform himself about the topics he discusses. Many people out there may very well be better than others, but the fact that he has invested the time into making them into good quality and effective videos makes him successful in my eyes.
    Because whenever people talk about lore they're like "Go watch Nobbel's videos", as if he's the walking encyclopedia of lore or something. He just reads books, shortens them and puts them in videos. Nothing special.