Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You're basically complaining you have to actually make considerations for the encounter rather than have an addon direct you while you tunnel the boss.
    Your reading and comprehension skils are awfull, did you stop halfway?

My issue is that these addons brought Quality of Life (QoL) for guid leadership and are not giving any advantage over the pre-stonage way of dealing with such fights. Instead of me having to draw something up before every raid depending on my roster, I could put it in the addon, send it and be done in 30 seconds. It feels like going back to the stone age. It is merely a shift of unnecessary extra work to guild leadership which is fine in high-end guild since people put in like 14+ hours a day in Warcraft but is less appealing for softcore mythic raiding guilds who have less time to spend.

I honestly don't get the point. If they thought it was unfair advantage they should take a look at Weakaura's and disable the entire thing.
    That addon has far more implications and advantages than Exorcis Raid Tools ever had on Kormrok/Archimonde/Iskar.

Deleted
    I'm preety sure this isn't a 1st one...

In WotLK: ICC there was an add-on with which you could basically draw routes and such ingame.
    I remeber it being banned and the uproar it caused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i really dunno why the hell blizzard hasnt implemented their version of dbm/big wings and few others ages ago with how fundamental change they make to raiding
    A large part of it is already implemented in the game but you may not notice if you never try it without an addon. For example, a large number of mechanics happen after a very obvious animation of the boss. The time that animation takes might be approximately the same with the leading time a raid caller will announce that ability. That means the game itself prepares you within the last few seconds for various abilities. Also some mechanics are announced on the screen by the default game. That being said, various timers are not given and some abilities happen without any warning and that's kinda lame because if you have no warning + it can be predicted then I might as well run a stopwatch externally and get an advantage. So removing addons won't help. People would run a simple external stopwatch script.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-08-22 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Your reading and comprehension skils are awfull, did you stop halfway?

My issue is that these addons brought Quality of Life (QoL) for guid leadership and are not giving any advantage over the pre-stonage way of dealing with such fights. Instead of me having to draw something up before every raid depending on my roster, I could put it in the addon, send it and be done in 30 seconds. It feels like going back to the stone age. It is merely a shift of unnecessary extra work to guild leadership which is fine in high-end guild since people put in like 14+ hours a day in Warcraft but is less appealing for softcore mythic raiding guilds who have less time to spend.

I honestly don't get the point. If they thought it was unfair advantage they should take a look at Weakaura's and disable the entire thing.
    That addon has far more implications and advantages than Exorcis Raid Tools ever had on Kormrok/Archimonde/Iskar.
    Do you understand this directly affects weakauras and such addons too, for the exact same reason, yeah?

Apparently not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

This has happened before, first they disabled button creation in combat in BC because that was used to automate rotation completely, then they removed API which enabled AVR in ICC. UnitPosition restrictions is just the next logical step in the same direction.

Deleted
    So I guess this also applies to simple radars such as /range x ?

Well apparently it does... meh, won't be a problem if there are some kind of circular indicators on affected people like there are in invasions etc.
    Last edited by mmocf21fce8ff9; 2016-08-22 at 03:56 PM.

Nope, won't make raids harder, will make them easier actually.

If you can agree that Blizz has said they design encounters with addons in mind, do you think that they will break addons ability to do something then still design encounters the same way?

We can always ask AVR when the last time a Sindragosa ice block mecahnic was used, or a H PP disease lol. Fights will probably have built in range radars like on Socrethar, see this big ass circle around me? Don't be in it.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2016-08-22 at 04:00 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont want to go to offtopic, and its a personal opinion, but i think peopel should be forced to either learn their rotation or suck at it. I dont think an addon shoudl exist that tells you exactly what to push and when.

And yes i think its different then going to a site that tells you your rotation, because that doesnt help you mid combat.

Something that helps you learn your rotation = a ok
    Something that tells you what buttons to push during combat = not ok

But again i realise this is not how the majority thinks so yeah.
    its like a complain on something that only a blind or brainless will use... how can that bother you if no one use it.
    If u are that stupid to use one of those, i wont be seeing you in mythic or even heroic so... i dont care.
    just my tought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Nope, won't make raids harder, will make them easier actually.

If you can agree that Blizz has said they design encounters with addons in mind, do you think that they will break addons ability to do something then still design encounters the same way?

We can always ask AVR when the last time a Sindragosa ice block mecahnic was used, or a H PP disease lol. Fights will probably have built in range radars like on Socrethar, see this big ass circle around me? Don't be in it.
    well. i preffer this . and yes, its harder to see your char between another ppl and another mobs than a radar that shows you clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    For raiders, it's not difficult. Stack together. Clump, 5-10 yards close. Those with wrought chaos step out. Done.
    Do Shadowfell without a radar and see how well that goes.

Is it doable, sure, but its far more annoying. (hell, look at how many people CANT do it right consistently WITH the radar)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Do Shadowfell without a radar and see how well that goes.

Is it doable, sure, but its far more annoying. (hell, look at how many people CANT do it right consistently WITH the radar)
    Arrows are one thing, I oppose breaking /range.

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post

Well apparently it does... meh, won't be a problem if there are some kind of circular indicators on affected people like there are in invasions etc.
    Yes and no.

It will prevent the radar screen which shows where people are around you.
    It will not prevent a list of people who are within a certain distance of you.

The latter was around long before the visual radar display and is because of checking spell ranges to players rather then strait positions.
    DBM will still be able to tell you that 3 people are to close to you but won't tell you which way to move to get away from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Well, just to point out. It didn't change yet, it's planned for 7.1, but knowing Blizzard this might not actually make it into the game until the 7.3 or 7.4 ..
    Considering they said they held off on this statement because they wanted to make sure they could actually do it I'm pretty confident it will be in 7.1
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post

this 100 times.

my biggest grip with losing positions that are not healing related would be with mechanics like chains on mythic. if there was a 30 yard circle that marked the death zones then addon wouldn't be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes and no.

It will prevent the radar screen which shows where people are around you.
    It will not prevent a list of people who are within a certain distance of you.

The latter was around long before the visual radar display and is because of checking spell ranges to players rather then strait positions.
    DBM will still be able to tell you that 3 people are to close to you but won't tell you which way to move to get away from them.
    Now I don't know how this thing works internally etc. but http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/UnitDistanceSquared should still work if they only remove UnitPosition() ?, maybe it does the same thing with UnitPosition() internally? idk how that works.
    In that case spell rangechecks would only be the very last Resort if they get rid of more than UnitPosition (they can't really get rid off spell rangechecks). Spell rangechecks can only do it in ~5yard steps because there aren't enough spells with every possible range :P

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    this 100 times.

my biggest grip with losing positions that are not healing related would be with mechanics like chains on mythic. if there was a 30 yard circle that marked the death zones then addon wouldn't be necessary.
    This specific mechanic might be in fact a small problem. While you can still check your range to other players if they only remove UnitPosition(), you can't store the initial position of the shackles anymore, once the player moves from his original spot there's no way to check the actual Range to the shackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's not addons problem, it's design problem. Ion said that he doesn't consider mechanics like wrought chaos difficult, which is bullshit. Also, spreading and, to some extent, positioning would become hell.
    its not difficult, you just cant stack and drop healers.

I'm ok as long as they don't remove addons like weak auras, bartender and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    well. i preffer this . and yes, its harder to see your char between another ppl and another mobs than a radar that shows you clearly.
    Looking forward to what this causes to happen. Wow players always find something to compensate. inb4 maxRangeRadar (r.i.p maxcam)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    I'm ok as long as they don't remove addons like weak auras, bartender and things like that.
    Oh if they totally broke addons I don't know what I'd do lol. Dungeons and Raids without WeakAuras? Pfft nope. BGs/RBGs/Arena, without HHTD and GladiatorLoSSA? Pfft nope. Pet battle? Without rematch? kek. Auction House? Without TSM and Auctionator, pfft nope. Guess I would just not play current content and when an expansion came out I'd level to max, and go do the previous expansions achievements and when I was done I'd quit until the next xpac came out.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

Oh if they totally broke addons I don't know what I'd do lol. Dungeons and Raids without WeakAuras? Pfft nope. BGs/RBGs/Arena, without HHTD and GladiatorLoSSA? Pfft nope. Pet battle? Without rematch? kek. Auction House? Without TSM and Auctionator, pfft nope. Guess I would just not play current content and when an expansion came out I'd level to max, and go do the previous expansions achievements and when I was done I'd quit until the next xpac came out.
    I almost only use Weak Auras and don't even know some of the addons you listed lol, but I understand what you mean. You are used to them and like them, taking them away ist just stupid. They should stay.

I'm ok if they remove gamebreaking addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is doing the right thing. Just like they did with AVR. When mods start to draw arrows and tell you where to go during an encounter they've crossed the line from conveying information that's not displayed efficiently to pulling you by a leash and telling you where to go. Things like TMW, timers, WA, etc. are fine because they either simply display normal game information in a better way. When something like Decursive auto-dispelled abilities or the OLD healbot where it selected the proper spell for you comes about you have to neuter it. Good on you, Blizzard.

Mods and macros are great for the game and the content design until they step over the line.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Just wondering here, but is it close to impossible to organize and to progress in mythic raids without any addons? Blizzard must surely have designed the default ui to cover everything within the game, a player should be able to play from questing at level 1 to raiding at 100 in mythic raids with the same ui, or are there major discrepancies in the default ui that prevents this? Last time I played with the default ui with absolutely no addons was in early vanilla, and things have certainly changed since then.

Add a damage meter to the default UI.
    Add the ability to move and resize ANYTHING to the default UI(rift had this in what, 2008?)
    Add the ability to make buffs/debuffs attached to player frame.
    Add a search option in bags and make them better organized instead of the utter garbage unorganized mess.
    Remove the api, ban all addons.

No reason for addons to exist if those things are done. Addons have been a problem in this game since early vanilla with decurse. Just get rid of them already. The fact that they make the developers lives harder should be an instant "huh, maybe we should remove this and make the default UI great".