Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    1) They gave you NBA 2k16 2 months ago which was the latest one, and a good 5 months before the new one comes out. Hardly a "$5 basketball game".
    2) On top of that in the past few months they have given out Yakuza 5, Furi, Tropico all very solid games. Tropico and Yakuza 5 are a combined $90 MSRP as well.
    3) If you don't want it don't buy it and stop crying. PS+ has carried Sony into the black ever since the release of the PS4.
    4) ZOMG $10 increase?! What ever will I do when you'll still be able to find it on sale for $30-35 if you actually look around?!
    Hey look its Tech614 jumping into a thread I made just to argue and disagree with me like normal. I give no fucks how small of a increase in price it is or what it is a year. The quality has not improved enough to warrant a price increase.

Also one of those games you listed is on ps3 not ps4. All these services they have running and yet feel the need to milk people more....

Hell I would pay $100 a year if it included PSNow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of that. Why do you bring it up?
    So why should Sony charge for something they don't provide? Would you be ok with steam charging you $60 a year?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So why should Sony charge for something they don't provide? Would you be ok with steam charging you $60 a year?
    They don't charge for it (that's a perk of PS+ but it's not the core of what you're paying for), but they are providing it. Do you think they aren't working directly with the devs/publishers on which games are part of the monthly PS+ game refreshes?

And if Valve provided the network with which all online play on Steam takes place, in addition to the perks like the monthly free games on PS+, sure, I'd pay $60 a year. I wouldn't be super duper mega excited for it, but I'd pay it.

10+ Year Old Account
    95% of the "free" games were indeed meh, the only one i really liked was Life is Strange.
    Personal opinion ofc
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

They don't charge for it (that's a perk of PS+ but it's not the core of what you're paying for), but they are providing it. Do you think they aren't working directly with the devs/publishers on which games are part of the monthly PS+ game refreshes?

And if Valve provided the network with which all online play on Steam takes place, in addition to the perks like the monthly free games on PS+, sure, I'd pay $60 a year. I wouldn't be super duper mega excited for it, but I'd pay it.
    They can keep there "Free Games" and let me play online for free.

I would have no issue if the increase in price was justify by the quality of the service but it isn't. PS+ still go's down weekly, still gets DDOSed to hell and back and the PS+ games while subjective have been shit in quality. There return policy is still none to boot. There customer service is fucken lackluster and (while I personally don't care) you still can't change names.

They are also running Psvue and PSNow. If PS+ included PSNow I would be all for it and would had them $15 a month for it. But it doesn't. They charge me something that can be done for free and that they don't even do themselves.

Keep the games give me the online.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Hey look its Tech614 jumping into a thread I made just to argue and disagree with me like normal. I give no fucks how small of a increase in price it is or what it is a year. The quality has not improved enough to warrant a price increase.
    Here to prove you wrong as normal. They gave away NBA2k15 a $5 basketball game right? Oh wait it was NBA2k16 which is a monthly top seller in the world and was still at $40+ new when they put it up.

Also one of those games you listed is on ps3 not ps4. All these services they have running and yet feel the need to milk people more....
    Quality game is quality game. Not my fault you felt the need to get rid of your ps3(if you did). Yakuza 5 just came out in the west in January of 2016, and Sony gave it away for free. Not my fault you think you can disqualify it because it's a ps3 game LUL.

Hell I would pay $100 a year if it included PSNow.
    PSNow isn't even worth $5 a year. It's a crap service with massive amounts of input lag on top of other bugs. The fact you think it has some value but the "free" games don't is pure LULZ to me.

They can keep there "Free Games" and let me play online for free.
    They did that for PS3. But they realized how much revenue they were missing out on and changed it with the launch of PS4. Not sure why a pretty minimal price change would have a significant effect.

I would have no issue if the increase in price was justify by the quality of the service but it isn't. PS+ still go's down weekly, still gets DDOSed to hell and back and the PS+ games while subjective have been shit in quality.
    What region are you in? Because anecdotally, I see far fewer "PSN IS DOWN" headlines compared to years past, and in NA I rarely have issues accessing the free portion of it.

DDOS attacks suck, but you can't really do much about it. It impacts Sony, Microsoft, and plenty of various online PC service providers (Blizzard, for example).

As for the games, that's subjective, as you say. There are plenty of folks who are more than happy with the games they receive. I don't think anyone reasonably expects every months PS+ games to be fantastic and to appeal to them.

They are also running Psvue and PSNow. If PS+ included PSNow I would be all for it and would had them $15 a month for it. But it doesn't. They charge me something that can be done for free and that they don't even do themselves.
    What? Those are two separate services entirely, why would they not charge for them?

Keep the games give me the online.
    I don't remember you this upset about PS+ being required for online play when PS4 launched, strange that a minor price increase would trigger this.

Here to prove you wrong as normal .
    When you do that let me know because I have yet to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember you this upset about PS+ being required for online play when PS4 launched, strange that a minor price increase would trigger this.
    Because I expected Ps3 quality of titles and sells, It hasn't been. Make sure to infact yourself for trolling me Mr Mod or are mods above the rules.. I forget.

Because I expected Ps3 quality of titles and sells, It hasn't been.
    What do you mean by this? Their PSN sales for games have been better than ever, with them taking place more frequently, having larger libraries (especially since they have sales across Vita/PS3/PS4 simultaneously), and they're hitting dirt cheap prices.

Make sure to infact yourself for trolling me Mr Mod or are mods above the rules.. I forget.
    You realize that disagreeing with someone isn't trolling, right?

You realize that disagreeing with someone isn't trolling, right?
    You realize trying to use a opinion I had 3+ years ago in a attempt to be smart is right?

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean by this? Their PSN sales for games have been better than ever, with them taking place more frequently, having larger libraries (especially since they have sales across Vita/PS3/PS4 simultaneously), and they're hitting dirt cheap prices.
    Please do tell how sells on the Vita and Ps3 benfit someone on ps4.

Meh, don't really care. I'll continue buying ps+ from cdkeys.com. I haven't paid retail for ps+ or xbox live for a few years...

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Meh, don't really care. I'll continue buying ps+ from cdkeys.com. I haven't paid retail for ps+ or xbox live for a few years...
    Ill just get PS+ (If I need it) when its on sell, not playing more for quality that hasn't changed and in some ways gotten worse.

Please do tell how sells on the Vita and Ps3 benfit someone on ps4.
    If you also own a PS3/Vita they do, if you don't then they don't. But either way, the frequency of sales, number of titles included, and discounts offered are far better now than they were years ago. Sure, one can't directly connect PS+ pricing or the increase in people subscribing to PS+ to these sales, but as a PS+ subscriber you're actually getting more bang for your buck due due to this (the increase in PSN sales) due to the PS+ discount that's provided on top of the normal sale price.

If you also own a PS3/Vita they do, if you don't then they don't. But either way, the frequency of sales, number of titles included, and discounts offered are far better now than they were years ago. Sure, one can't directly connect PS+ pricing or the increase in people subscribing to PS+ to these sales, but as a PS+ subscriber you're actually getting more bang for your buck due due to this (the increase in PSN sales) due to the PS+ discount that's provided on top of the normal sale price.
    As I said if the quality (For Me) was better I wouldn't give any fucks. But the games have been lackluster for 3 years. There has been a handful of games in 3 years I liked (Furi being the most recent).

So many other things they should work on and I just don't see how the price increase is worth it. Maybe by the time I need to renew (June next year) it will improve.

Ps+ is more about deals and games then the online itself. The online should be free and if people want the sells and games they get PS+ (just like on ps3) But a company will be a company. Ill deal with it when needed doesn't mean I got to like it.

Example: Netflix IMO has improved there quality by a lot so I don't mind paying more, Sony hasn't.

On top of the sale prices, the free games you also get the 2 hour free trial windows on many full games. Some even on release date.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said if the quality (For Me) was better I wouldn't give any fucks. But the games have been lackluster for 3 years. There has been a handful of games in 3 years I liked (Furi being the most recent).

So many other things they should work on and I just don't see how the price increase is worth it. Maybe by the time I need to renew (June next year) it will improve.
    Still not explaining why you're out raged about it- if the service has no value to you don't pay it, if it does then pay it. You made this entire post to complain about something you can just choose not to pay for if you don't like the value provided.

Still not explaining why you're out raged about it- if the service has no value to you don't pay it, if it does then pay it. You made this entire post to complain about something you can just choose not to pay for if you don't like the value provided.
    Its almost like we are on a form site where you can make topics to inform people of stuff and give opinions.

Mine is the current quality isn't worth it and come June next year ill decide if it is or not.

Its almost like we are on a form site where you can make topics to inform people of stuff and give opinions.

Mine is the current quality isn't worth it and come June next year ill decide if it is or not.
    So you felt the quality wasn't worth it but you still just renewed 2 months ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find you get a pretty good deal regarding games you get for the money invested. I know a few others who have kids who are rather happy with this system and the increase of 10 on a year is nothing.

I pay around 40 euros for a ticket to amusement park alone, if you want to start adding up what i have a subscription for this 10 increase is just a joke and would even say warranted. It's still a great deal and if 10 increase bothers you so much better of finding a job leading into a career, i promise you the second you move out of the basement into the real world away from just digital connections is the moment you have enough money and more important concerns than "oh noes a yearly sub went up in price by the amount that doesn't even cover my monthly phone bill!"

However knowing the OP posts quality and topics, not surprised one bit seeing it was the same person crying about something like this, so here you got +1 for the attention whore!

So you felt the quality wasn't worth it but you still just renewed 2 months ago?
    Not worth a price increase no and I had to renew to play The Division (back in march).

I had a year and a couple months left and that's why it ends in june.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    However knowing the OP posts quality and topics, not surprised one bit seeing it was the same person crying about something like this, so here you got +1 for the attention whore!
    Someone's opinion is different then yours so they must be a attention whore.

Stay you internet stay you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not worth a price increase no and I had to renew to play The Division (back in march).

- - - Updated - - -

Someone's opinion is different then yours so they must be a attention whore.

Stay you internet stay you.
    It's 10 bucks over a year, 10 bucks that's what you are creating outrage for, faux outrage since if you are really outraged about that the alternative would be a far less nicer word then attention whore

Did you surpass the allowance you got from your parents, spouse, caretaker with that minor increase? lol

You keep bringing up pc gaming and clearly have a gaming pc so why did you "have" to renew to play The Division again?