Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dark Whispers & Infiltrator Events

The pre-patch events for this expansion have been pretty well executed in my opinion.

The thing is that the Dark Whispers event has been almost non-existent. Are people not doing it, or are the whispers that uncommon? Blizz said that there was a part of it not found on the beta, but no one seems to be participating enough for that last part.

Furthermore, I would have expected the Infiltrators to be more common by this point. I know the toy is supposed to be "rare", but Blizz typically gives the opportunity for every participant to get one eventually.

Anyone else noticing that only the invasions are that noticeable?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    The pre-patch events for this expansion have been pretty well executed in my opinion.

The thing is that the Dark Whispers event has been almost non-existent. Are people not doing it, or are the whispers that uncommon? Blizz said that there was a part of it not found on the beta, but no one seems to be participating enough for that last part.

Furthermore, I would have expected the Infiltrators to be more common by this point. I know the toy is supposed to be "rare", but Blizz typically gives the opportunity for every participant to get one eventually.

You can right-click the debuff to remove it, which means if you don't want to you never have to participate in the dreadlord shenanigans.

I know that, hence the "not participating" line in my original post.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen 1 dreadlord in SW but that's it. I wish I had the buff, I'd be all over dreadlording all about.

Luckily the toy is down to 1k on 2 servers I have gold on. At that price messing with the stuff in Org/Sw isn't worth it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I'm not into griefing so i don't even know how to transform into dreadlord. I just see no point in it, personally. I've seen 3 dreadlords in SW, though i've not really spend that much time there.

Infiltrators spawn every hour. I've seen plenty of people turn into dreadlords but it only lasts a minute though and getting there is risky since you're hostile to everyone while you work on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serath View Post
    I've seen 1 dreadlord in SW but that's it. I wish I had the buff, I'd be all over dreadlording all about.
    It only lasts a minute and then you die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Dreadlord thing could be really fun, but u need to track down 9 Stacks of the debuff, which could be possible in 1-5 minutes, but its not always that easy.
    The most annoying thing is, u just transform for 1 minute, then u die. Its really a fun minute, where u can kick some afk asses, but i should last longer and it should also give an AV but no AV and just 1 minute fun, that isnt really fun.
    I guess, the idea is cool, but how it work out is really ..meh

Kinda hard when you are the only one in SW

Deleted
    I generally don't bother with the whispers personally. I did it once, murdered everyone, got a raging epeen boost, went alright I'm bored of this now let's go do something else.

The toy on the other hand bothers me a bit, I've killed 38 of them now and gotten one toy.

To be honest, I'm too busy doing invasions. I got the toy in passing, because it was on my way to the flight master. If not for that, I wouldn't have bothered.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just dont see many even participating as its not the kind of fun most people enjoy. its rather clear when given the choice people not interested will avoid it, unlike the LK event where you were forced.

just goes to show one small change: click to remove buff... and it becomes an almost non-existent part of the pre patch. most people dont like that kind of event shenanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

To be honest the toy is pretty easy to get if you just check regularly. Get the coords from wowhead, use a demon tracking potion if you don't have a demon tracking ability, and just go. If you find one make a group in the group finder, people will be all too eager to join.

The dark whispers part is really underwhelming and bullshit. I've only gotten the whispers a couple of times, and every time I did I got buttraped by guards and NPC's whenever I tried to become a dreadlord.

I got a great spot to get to the point so I can dreadlord, popped it near the AH and killed quite a few people was a lot of fun. There was also 2 other dreadlords up at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got dark whispers twice yesterday. Was pretty fun RPing right before transforming. Both times I got it while near the target dummies in SW. Not sure if that's relevant to becoming one or it was just coincidental.

On Stormrage almost everyone has moved out of Stormwind for now. Its actually hilarious. So many people were doing the event and endlessly killing anyone in and out of the AH a large majority of people actually left SW.

I got hit by the buff. Didn't know how to get rid or it, so I jumped off the cliff in Orgrimmar.

Second time, someone told me to just cancel it...

I got the toy on my second Infiltrator kill, out of 3 that I have seen. One died 2sec out of range.

The in city events just seem underwhelming overall, and I was mostly curious about the "extra part" of Dark whispers that wasn't seen on beta. With most people opting out, it may go unanswered, which is kind of sad. Particularly if it's "kill the demon in under 1 min, get one of the infernal mount colors."

Deleted
    Yeah I wanna be a Dreadlord more often, but I never get the buff.

This part of the event is disappointing and sucks.

It was fun the first day because everyone was at the vendor in org. Now its so boring because you there are no large groups of people to kill and battle with