Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    I do. The Western world is not even growing, it's pretty much just every other part of the world. Your procreation will not matter in the grand scale of things.

So what's your reason for the flip-flop "no you" comment?
    The carbon footprint for a kid is huge. Just because some parts of the world aren't reproducing like bunnies doesn't mean they should start again. What we're doing is not sustainable, and more offspring will not help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    The carbon footprint for a kid is huge. Just because some parts of the world aren't reproducing like bunnies doesn't mean they should start again. What we're doing is not sustainable, and more offspring will not help.
    Dying out in response is SJW self-guilt level of shit. Carbon footprints? Have some faith in people to develop ways to reduce pollution and waste, or work to that end yourself - if that's your worry or goal in life - don't just die.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    What if their career is to continuously produce children? This would be quite counter productive. Quite.
    Plenty of those career driven types on benifit street :P
    Last edited by Whitehatter; 2016-08-22 at 06:45 PM.

Dying out in response is SJW self-guilt level of shit. Carbon footprints? Have some faith in people to develop ways to reduce pollution and waste, or work to that end yourself - if that's your worry or goal in life - don't just die.
    I never said anything about dying out... And I am doing my best to not create unneccessary waste, while also living my life as I'd prefer to live it. While some things have improved, I do not trust humanity as a whole to actually be that productive, because I've seen enough examples to the contrary as well. And SJW self-guilt...what the hell?

What do you mean with "don't just die"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I never said anything about dying out... And I am doing my best to not create unneccessary waste, while also living my life as I'd prefer to live it. While some things have improved, I do not trust humanity as a whole to actually be that productive, because I've seen enough examples to the contrary as well. And SJW self-guilt...what the hell?

What do you mean with "don't just die"?
    You did - you are promoting having less (no?) kids. Even if we take out the entire human condition and assume having less (of us) is good, that's not going to end well. It also seems that you are taking this personally. I wouldn't recommend it.

SJW ardour is a typical response in people that can only described as Puritan... the desire to stamp out behaviour deemed not acceptable that often stems from feelings of personal inadequacy, i.e. the self-guilt mentioned. Or white guilt if you prefer. Mostly conditioned, again.

You did - you are promoting having less (no?) kids. Even if we take out the entire human condition and assume having less (of us) is good, that's not going to end well. It also seems that you are taking this personally. I wouldn't recommend it.

SJW ardour is a typical response in people that can only described as Puritan... the desire to stamp out behaviour deemed not acceptable that often stems from feelings of personal inadequacy, i.e. the self-guilt mentioned. Or white guilt if you prefer. Mostly conditioned, again.
    Because I think it's something more people should do, what people do with their lives is entirely, and ultimately, up to themselves, I have no say in their lives, nor would I want to because of the rightful repercussions if it happened. I don't personally want kids, environmental reasons are just a small part of it. I'm not taking that and kids in the same phrase super seriously, because I have other reasonings for not wanting kids. I do wish some people would educate themselves more to make more educated decisions about their lives, that doesn't mean I want people to stop having kids. breeders on the other hand... Those are people who just don't stop popping out kids, no thought for economy, wellfare, etc, but they aren't everyone, or vice versa.

Either way, all I want to convey with it is that we don't need a bigger overall population than we are now, because the planet can't sustain it. I'm in no way suffering from 'white guilt' or any other 'guilt'. I don't give a flying fuck about that. I just made up my mind based on what I know.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-08-22 at 07:14 PM.

It is unfortunate how women have been fooled into being wage slaves like men.

Probably 90% of women at least would prefer to raise the children. Unfortunately that's so hard in today's society where both parents are expected to work if you don't want to live paycheck to paycheck.

This is why I feel so bad for those women who reach their thirties and slowly realize their time has passed and there's a very good chance she'll never have that family she always dreamed of. By 35 they might as well start considering cats.

Women want quality men to marry and have children with. This has been a fact since the beginning of time itself. The difference now though, is that many modern women decide to just mess around and have fun in their twenties because society and the media tell them they can find an established, fairly well off husband in their thirties.

...What they don't tell those ladies though, is that they will now be competing with younger, firmer, more beautiful women who want that same older, established, fairly well off man.

I call it Cosmo's dirty secret. They sell an article to younger women to sleep around and have fun, then settle down with a nice husband in your 30s... Then they go around the corner and sell an article to the older, 30+ women saying things like "Where have all the good men gone??", "Why he's immature for dating 18-20 year olds", and "30 ways to overcome your loneliness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Social harmony is not the same as artificial equality; nor does the good of society have to necessarily trample the individual, there is a middle ground

Using biology to determine the right model for social interactions is like using modern medicine to cure illness - we just need to get over the taboo and stop using the leeches and lobotomies (which is where we are in the social sciences)

We don't need to rely on made-up theories of "how the human body should work" and "how genders should behave" - we have plenty of data to determine rather clearly what hormones do, how brain chemistry differs between men and women, what satisfies and fulfils different genders in a generalisable way, and how other primate societies behave
    General trends should not dictate the way our society behaves with regards to individuals. General trends are useful in certain fields; for example, if you own a firm producing bras, then you better research the distribution of breast sizes among women, and possibly decide that certain size categories are not represented enough to warrant including them into production lines. But when we are talking about a particular individual - nope. And society consists of particular individuals, defending rights of which is one of the primary functions of the government.

It makes no sense to say something like, "Women should focus on children more and on careers less". It is not anybody's right but the given person's to decide what they should focus on. You can make surveys, you can make a research and back up your assumption that women focusing on children more and on career less would make our society better, etc. etc. etc. - but you don't get to tell people how they should live based on anything, and you certainly don't get to introduce policies discriminating against those who don't share your values.

Of course, such policies are already in place, but, luckily, in the past handful of decades we have gone a long road towards equality, and we are getting there.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    It is unfortunate how women have been fooled into being wage slaves like men.

Probably 90% of women at least would prefer to raise the children. Unfortunately that's so hard in today's society where both parents are expected to work if you don't want to live paycheck to paycheck.

This is why I feel so bad for those women who reach their thirties and slowly realize their time has passed and there's a very good chance she'll never have that family she always dreamed of. By 35 they might as well start considering cats.

Women want quality men to marry and have children with. This has been a fact since the beginning of time itself. The difference now though, is that many modern women decide to just mess around and have fun in their twenties because society and the media tell them they can find an established, fairly well off husband in their thirties.

...What they don't tell those ladies though, is that they will now be competing with younger, firmer, more beautiful women who want that same older, established, fairly well off man.

I call it Cosmo's dirty secret. They sell an article to younger women to sleep around and have fun, then settle down with a nice husband in your 30s... Then they go around the corner and sell an article to the older, 30+ women saying things like "Where have all the good men gone??", "Why he's immature for dating 18-20 year olds", and "30 ways to overcome your loneliness."
    The greatest irony of feminism is that it's women who end up most unhappy and unfulfilled because of it; men are more suited to a low-commitment individualistic social environment

So it's expensive to freeze ur eggs? Isn't that the excuse ppl use to not have kids? Y not just have kids if u can afford to freeze ur eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    So it's expensive to freeze ur eggs? Isn't that the excuse ppl use to not have kids? Y not just have kids if u can afford to freeze ur eggs.

The greatest irony of feminism is that it's women who end up most unhappy and unfulfilled because of it; men are more suited to a low-commitment individualistic social environment
    That...doesn't have much to do with having/not having kids mate, come on... People who want to be unhappy will be unhappy.

Exactly.

Want to know why women are unhappier now compared to decades ago, despite being more "empowered" than ever before?

Want to know why more men get CEO and higher up jobs than women?

Because men simply have the motivation to be as rich, powerful, and successful as we can be. Because we're judged based on WHAT we are. Unlike women who tend to be judged based on WHO they are.

Think about it. Take your doctor girlfriend to meet your parents, friends, etc. What's the first thing they'll probably mention? "She's beautiful", "She's very sweet and kind", etc. They might mention a little about her job, but more than likely they will discuss her appearance and personality. This is why women are so competitive with each other over their beauty. Ever hear the old saying "women don't get dressed up to impress other men, they get dressed up to impress other women"? Well that's true, but that's because they are biologically wired to compete with women to be the prettiest woman in the room.

For men it's different. We're not told growing up how amazing we are or expect a ton of likes on our pics. We're told from a young age we have to stay in school, get a great job, make money, etc. It's NEVER just Steve, or Bob. It's Steve the Doctor, or Bob the attorney.
    Ladies probably relate to this. Your mom or girlfriends are about to meet a guy you've been dating pretty seriously for a while now. What's the firth thing they say/ask? "What's he studying?", "What does he do for a living", "Does he make a lot of money?" This is why men have such a desire for wealth.

Neckbeard niceguys and feminists can scream until they are blue in the face, but this will NEVER change. A majority of us are biologically wired to follow these laws.

We're still a slave to primal instincts, no matter how "euphoric" some people claim to be. We still hunt for food and strive to be the man with the most food because the women want the men that can protect them and their potential offspring. All we did was replace food with wealth.

.... When you go against these primal instincts, you create chaos. This is a perfect example of the pit modern society is slowly falling into:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/ist/?n...ans-180954423/

This is why the idea of a human utopia is ridiculous and ANYONE who believes in Darwinism should know this.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2016-08-22 at 08:48 PM.

Neckbeard niceguys and feminists can scream until they are blue in the face, but this will NEVER change. A majority of us are biologically wired to follow these laws.
    Well, not with that attitude.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Exactly.

Want to know why women are unhappier now compared to decades ago, despite being more "empowered" than ever before?

Because men simply have the motivation to be as rich, powerful, and successful as we can be. Because we're judged based on WHAT we are. Unlike women who tend to be judged based on WHO they are.

Think about it. Take your doctor girlfriend to meet your parents, friends, etc. What's the first thing they'll probably mention? "She's beautiful", "She's very sweet and kind", etc. They might mention a little about her job, but more than likely they will discuss her appearance and personality. This is why women are so competitive with each other over their beauty. Ever hear the old saying "women don't get dressed up to impress other men, they get dressed up to impress other women"? Well that's true, but that's because they are biologically wired to compete with women to be the prettiest woman in the room.

For men it's different. We're not told growing up how amazing we are or expect a ton of likes on our pics. We're told from a young age we have to stay in school, get a great job, make money, etc. It's NEVER just Steve, or Bob. It's Steve the Doctor, or Bob the attorney.
    Ladies probably relate to this. Your mom or girlfriends are about to meet a guy you've been dating pretty seriously for a while now. What's the firth thing they say/ask? "What's he studying?", "What does he do for a living", "Does he make a lot of money?" This is why men have such a desire for wealth.

We're still a slave to primal instincts, no matter how "euphoric" some people claim to be. We still hunt for food and strive to be the man with the most food because the women want the men that can protect them and their potential offspring. All we did was replace food with wealth.

.... When you go against these primal instincts, you create chaos. This is a perfect example of the pit modern society is slowly falling into:

This is why the idea of a human utopia is ridiculous and ANYONE who believes in Darwinism should know this.
    Do you have proof women are unhappier now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    Do you have proof women are unhappier now?
    Just one of those inconvenient facts:

First, since 1972, women’s overall level of happiness has dropped, both relative to where they were forty years ago, and relative to men. You find this drop in happiness in women regardless of whether they have kids, how many kids they have, how much money they make, how healthy they are, what job they hold, whether they are married, single or divorced, how old they are, or what race they are. (The one and only exception: African-American women are now slightly happier than they were back in 1972, although they remain less happy than African American men.)

If you are a visual learner, this is what the graph looks like: Your browser may not support display of this image.
    Figure 1 - Average happiness index value for the period 1972-2006 Source: Based on responses to question 157 of the General Social Surveys Sad all over And, in case you’re wondering, this finding is neither unique to this one study, nor is it unique to the United States. In the last couple of years, the results from six major studies of happiness have been released:

* the United States General Social Survey (46,000 people, between 1972-2007),
    * the Virginia Slims Survey of American Women (26,000 people, between 1972-2000),
    * the Monitoring the Future survey (430,000 U.S. twelfth graders, between 1976-2005),
    * the British Household Panel Study (121,000 people, between 1991-2004),
    * the Eurobarometer analysis (636,000 people, between 1973-2002, covering fifteen countries),
    * and the International Social Survey Program (97,462 people, between 1991-2001, covering thirty-five developed countries.)

All told, more than 1.3 million men and women have been surveyed over the last 40 years, both here in the U.S. and in developed countries around the world. Wherever researchers have been able to collect reliable data on happiness, the finding is always the same: greater educational, political, and employment opportunities have corresponded to decreases in life happiness for women, as compared to men.

It feels strange to write that sentence, as though I’m mistyping or having a “backwards day,” as my daughter would say. But I’m not.

Deleted
    I was expecting a Jaylock thread

snip
    And how about the last 10 years? Not dismissing it, but 10 years is a long time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one of those inconvenient facts:
    Where is the source, where are the last 10 years, and why are both plots linear? This doesn't look trustworthy.

Now, this I call source (also lacking the last 10 years though):
    http://www.nber.org/papers/w14969.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Exactly.

Yes indeed wealth is not something we make up its indeed our "nature" to seek it most of what you are speak of has mattered for such a small amount of time that the human race has existed. Gone tell you what if you had said it is what has mattered the most socially the last few thousand years sure. Even then if you think women could do nothing but afk at home like they can now you are sadly mistaken unless you plan on only going by what royalty and nobles had. But if you think its in our "instinct" well let me put it this way people like you make me glad you dont have more power than the ability to post on forums like these.

Deleted
    If they freez their eggs the facility will be at high risk to terrorism. So I am against it. If they take over, they could even use the eggs and produce children!