Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
    I have pretty much decided after 10+ years it's finally time to move on, any suggestions of other mmorpgs that worked similar to wow before legion, especially pvp BG's which I like most?

thanks
    See you in Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    what i dislike is that it forces pvpers to hope for mythic raid titanforge +xxxxx procs to get a 2 % mainstat increase in arenas. And i dont know beta pvp gear, but on live its so that with pvp gear on you are fucked in pvp. Basically it means u have like 30 ivl or 100 k hp less in full top notch epix pvp gear, at lvl 100. if u scale this difference to 110, u know that pure pvp players are screwed, backpeddaling pvers will farm them with 30 ivl + difference.
    On live, ilvl 710 pvp gear scales to ilvl 740 when engaged in combat, while average PvE raider who cleared HFC hc has ilvl 730. And no you don't have to be PvE player in Legion to be competitive in PvP. Go and read how gearing works in Legion.

Click! Click! Boom!

I Clicked it >.< feelbadman

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    See you in Legion!
    Also, what this guy said!

Quote Originally Posted by Daten-shi View Post

Rift is the only one I can think of. They don't have Arenas though. Archeage has arenas but no BGs. I didn't play much pvp in other games.

Edit: Archeage even has 1v1 arenas and ladder system. But you have to really grind your gear through crafting.
    thanks, I will take a look at Rift, see if it's fun

The truth hurts. I agree with OP.

'Balance' at the cost of 'every class feels the like it's missing something' yeah no thanks.

I don't agree with all the pvp changes made in Legion but I do like them getting rid of some of the cc and am going to at least try out the new system and how it plays before I form an opinion on it. Quitting beforehand is your own prerogative though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post

'Balance' at the cost of 'every class feels the like it's missing something' yeah no thanks.
    Well yeah, but that is a problem everywhere Legion, not just PvP. The prune going overboard is a whole different issue.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-08-22 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

idk about you, but the first time i tried to play arena/bg in wod (first ever tbh) i got fckd by ppl doubling my HP and damage. lol. insta quit. Now im playinh a lot of bgs and i feel that i can help my team and win because big plays . im enjoying pvp a LOT!. ♥

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Legion seems to be like Chuck Norris ^^
    legion threw a grenade and killed raiding and pvp, then the grenade exploded.

Formerly known as Arafal

templates arent necessarily for "a level playing field" it's for easier nerfs/buffs for pvp specific things.

you also get better gear for higher rating which MATTERS just less so than it used to.

customization hasnt been a thing for a while now, you just look up the best stats and use those.

and i wouldnt say it "worked" so far, since less and less players are playing and some of them are pvpers.

Quote Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
    I like to play pvp, has been playing since vanilla, this legion expansion totally rewrite pvp and ruined it IMHO, I am considering coming back to wow after break, but the more I looked at it the more it's game over for me

the rewrite of pvp follows blizzard's effort to make it simple (for them), and make it persistent grind (more $ for them)

1) everything over simplified, removed gear, removed glyphs, removed stat preferences, removed any kind of customization tailoring to each player's style, removed incentives for the game, everyone will be the same in pvp, what's the fun of that? yeah it's simpler for blizzard to manage, but shouldn't they do their job to earn the money? why fix something that worked fine for 10 years (so proven)?

2) now wow is counter-strike, but blizzard wants to keep players subscribed for more money, so they added artifact weapon/powers (so much for "level" playing field in pvp as they claim but is a big lie), so made wow a persistent grind, you can't take a break or you are at the big disadvantage for ever, and "season" is now meaningless.

so everything they have done in legion is for blizzard's own benefit, at the cost of pvpers fun, and ruined the PVP

I have pretty much decided after 10+ years it's finally time to move on, any suggestions of other mmorpgs that worked similar to wow before legion, especially pvp BG's which I like most?

thanks

On live, ilvl 710 pvp gear scales to ilvl 740 when engaged in combat, while average PvE raider who cleared HFC hc has ilvl 730. And no you don't have to be PvE player in Legion to be competitive in PvP. Go and read how gearing works in Legion.
    Except pvp gear hasn't scaled up for about a month now, since the patch came out....

yeah thats how it was until 7.0 hit. now the pvp gear doesnt scale anywhere. i have worse stats in full 710 (supposed 740) pvp gear now than my shaman has in its ilvl 719 pve gear. my warrior actually has a pve gear that is 740 , and if he pulls on the top lvl 710 pvp gear in a bg, he looses about 100 k health.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    For years, the e-sport that everyone plays has used Templated gear for competitions, when doing tournaments. The reasons is because the pros know that some items aren't balanced for pvp. So, when they give templates to everyone and now skill matters. You have issues, with skill matters?

So being on an even footing at all times with other players, where it is actually about some semblance of skill rather than who has the better pvp gear, is what you don't like? If anything this would make PvP more of an attractive feature, because I'm not smashing on someone who spammed trade chat for the arena rating to be unstoppable. This is a good step in my opinion.

I get headaches when I read contradictory statements in the first few sentences. More grind is more $ but everything is "over simplified".
    You need to redo your rant to where it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So you like PvP inherently unfair.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And that is a requirement of the above, so you can't have both.
    What is the point of PvP specific gear with the template.
    Its not really, the template is the base, gear then impacts those stats on a very small scale. The guy who comes in with mythic raid gear vs the guy who is a high rated arena/rbg player are on the same playing field which is fine but it just kind of takes away from the prestige of having acquired a full pvp set that distinguishes you from the guy who spends his whole time raiding.

In the reverse, the high rated arena/rbg player wont be able to as easily transition to the high end PVE scene as they wont have tier pieces or on use trinkets ect.

Its not the balance that i care about, i'm all for things being skill based, its more of a separation of achievements which is usually distinguished through the acquisition of gear. They have replaced gear with honor talents/prestige which at the end of the day is the same thing i suppose, it just doesn't have the same visual appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post

handshake, LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    Never quite understood the need to come a forum to say you are quitting.
    Do you expect us to beg you to stay. Are you looking for someone to tell you that you should quit.
    Or are you simply looking for attention with no real intention of quitting.

My guess would be the latter.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Never quite understood the need to come a forum to say you are quitting.
    Do you expect us to beg you to stay. Are you looking for someone to tell you that you should quit.
    Or are you simply looking for attention with no real intention of quitting.

My guess would be the latter.
    I probably should remove the quitting lol

the purpose of this post is asking for replacement mmorpg as I stated in OP

any more suggestions? wow copycats?

- - - Updated - - -

I tried Aion before, came back to wow, I don't know what the current status of Aion?