Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I understand that they went with gliding instead of flying, and I'm ok with it for now. I think it's a safe bet though that eventually they will cave in and give DHs regular flying forms though. Will probably be a while though. Maybe they will make it a cool class quest-line like warlock green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I actually agree with them. I only want our Demonic Form to come out in big situations. Powerful spells or emergency cooldowns. If we had our wings out the whole time, I feel it'd look silly. The same goes with flying. Gliding I can understand, but having total and full control of our Demonic Wings kinda goes against the internal struggle we're having with our Demonic Power that is basically the whole theme of the class.
    Good argument. The only issue I have is that Meta is a boring cool down right now. It's very effective, but boring. Giving it more craziness during that cool down (not necessarily damage based craziness but animations could be flashier) would be welcome.

At this point the idea of flying on my own wings doesn't bother me much since Meta is just a quick skin change, Passive DPS boost and that's it.

Deleted
    I actually agree with them. I only want our Demonic Form to come out in big situations. Powerful spells or emergency cooldowns. If we had our wings out the whole time, I feel it'd look silly. The same goes with flying. Gliding I can understand, but having total and full control of our Demonic Wings kinda goes against the internal struggle we're having with our Demonic Power that is basically the whole theme of the class.
    but having horns, scales, fel tears on the body, claws is ok? but flying? is a big no? yeah sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Dude seriously. Ok first I am all for Demon Hunters to have the ability to fly. They don't currently, I am ok with that too. I don't care too much either way. But your posts are fucking hard to look at and really REALLY hurt your argument. I almost want to disagree simply because of how you are posting. Settle down a bit, try and refrain from using repeated punctuation and letters so often. A few capital letters here or there will help.

I swear I am not trying to be a grammar Nazi but your post plays out like very obnoxious 5 year old kid. Excited is fine! You can do that with normal punctuation! See!
    I'm a dudess, and cheerful one. Isn't chaos thing a thing for demon hunters? I'm chaotic!

Monks get Zen Flight but Demon Hunters cannot get Wing Flight. #BlizzardLogic

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    well dh get their power from the demons they kill. just because Illidan did not focus on his wings it does not man that we can't them by feeding on flying demons.
    Sorry, i just don't see it. Anything is possible, yes. Blizzard can make excuses to put it into the game and be done with it.
    However, i think it fits much better not being able to fly as fast as a Gryphon, Dragon and some other mounts by ourselves.

Anyway, it won't come any time soon. that would require new animations for Flapping wings, new animations for flying around in all directions. If there's not even an animation for hovering with wings right now, i just don't see flying coming anytime soon. And for real, i don't even want Flying in Legion. i think the game plays much better without Flying mounts.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

but having horns, scales, fel tears on the body, claws is ok? but flying? is a big no? yeah sure

I'm a dudess, and cheerful one. Isn't chaos thing a thing for demon hunters? I'm chaotic!
    I apologize for my assumption. I suppose, I can't argue with your point. Chaos indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    Sorry, i just don't see it. Anything is possible, yes. Blizzard can make excuses to put it into the game and be done with it.
    However, i think it fits much better not being able to fly as fast as a Gryphon, Dragon and some other mounts by ourselves.

Anyway, it won't come any time soon. that would require new animations for Flapping wings, new animations for flying around in all directions. If there's not even an animation for hovering with wings right now, i just don't see flying coming anytime soon. And for real, i don't even want Flying in Legion. i think the game plays much better without Flying mounts.
    I mean, I'm lost here. Why wouldn't you fly faster than gryphon? it has wings, you have wings. hell there are even some silly clouds and other weird flying mounts that fly fast.

me think it would be quite easy to animate their flappiness, in fact there might be animation already if we consider that our back wings are the same as the wings of other npc. It is more visible when you use glyphs. flap flap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    I apologize for my assumption. I suppose, I can't argue with your point. Chaos indeed.
    chaos incarnate!! there can't be enough of chaos. we are all slaves to grand mistress entropy!

Before I start, let me just say that I've been planning my demon hunter as my main ever since the day they were announced at Blizzcon. It wasn't due to fanboy Illidan hype (although it is pretty cool) but just the way they are designed was pretty much made specifically for my play style. I've been playing a windwalker as my main since they came out due to the amount of mobility offered by the spec. I like fast/mobile things *shrug*

That being said, I'd have to say no to the actual MOUNT version of DH wings, and here's why:
    -Yes, Illidan flew around on his wings during phase 2 in black temple, but VERY slowly. These are not natural appendages, but a fel mutation. They will not be strong enough for 310% flight speed.
    -Flying around on wings at 310% flight speed would just look a little strange. I don't want Aion in Azeroth, plus I don't see a player's wings carrying them just as fast as a dragon or rocket would.
    -Druid flight form is a specific class fantasy that should remain unique to them, just handing it out to everyone leads to homogenization.

Now, what I WOULD like to see instead of that would either be:
    -A zen-flight type ability to fly at very slow speeds. Not a replacement for mounts, but a matter of convenience that builds on fantasy without seeming too "out there".
    OR
    -My personal preference, the ability to hover in place while slowly flapping your wings. It could be incorporated as a combat ability (double jump and vengeful retreat into the air, freeze in mid-air during combat for a few seconds while you unleash a fel barrage). Some may say this would be too powerful against melee in PvP, but the amount of ranged abilities you could use are fairly limited, plus rain from above is already a pvp talent that works similarly, it's just a shame that you can only use fel lance from the vehicle interface while you slowly fall down (instead of actually hover).
    Last edited by zeoh; 2016-08-22 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeoh View Post
    Before I start, let me just say that I've been planning my demon hunter as my main ever since the day they were announced at Blizzcon. It wasn't due to fanboy Illidan hype (although it is pretty cool) but just the way they are designed was pretty much made specifically for my play style. I've been playing a windwalker as my main since they came out due to the amount of mobility offered by the spec. I like fast/mobile things *shrug*

That being said, I'd have to say no to the actual MOUNT version of DH wings, and here's why:
    -Yes, Illidan flew around on his wings during phase 2 in black temple, but VERY slowly. These are not natural appendages, but a fel mutation. They will not be strong enough for 310% flight speed.
    -Flying around on wings at 310% flight speed would just look a little strange. I don't want Aion in Azeroth, plus I don't see a player's wings carrying them just as fast as a dragon or rocket would.
    -Druid flight form is a specific class fantasy that should remain unique to them, just handing it out to everyone leads to homogenization.

Now, what I WOULD like to see instead of that would either be:
    -A zen-flight type ability to fly at very slow speeds. Not a replacement for mounts, but a matter of convenience that builds on fantasy without seeming too "out there".
    OR
    -My personal preference, the ability to hover in place while slowly flapping your wings. It could be incorporated as a combat ability (double jump and vengeful retreat into the air, freeze in mid-air during combat for a few seconds while you unleash a fel barrage). Some may say this would be too powerful against melee in PvP, but the amount of ranged abilities you could use are fairly limited, plus rain from above is already a pvp talent that works similarly, it's just a shame that you can only use fel lance from the vehicle interface while you slowly fall down (instead of actually hover).
    we are not Illidan, we have different kind of demons locked in ourselves. we get power of the demons we slay, thus if we slay 1298i13290129389 flying demons we will most probably get their super wings perk

strange? you move your wings, dive maybe in the sky, completely norma. if gryphon can do it then why not we?

druids change into an animal, we have wings, only need to spread them. there is no stealing of anything. I'm not even insisting on instant cast.

we are not Illidan, we have different kind of demons locked in ourselves. we get power of the demons we slay, thus if we slay 1298i13290129389 flying demons we will most probably get their super wings perk

strange? you move your wings, dive maybe in the sky, completely norma. if gryphon can do it then why not we?

druids change into an animal, we have wings, only need to spread them. there is no stealing of anything. I'm not even insisting on instant cast.
    Basically because those animals evolved specifically for high-speed flight, with aerodynamic bodies and hollow bones, that kind of thing. A humanoid with wings on his back, while possibly CAPABLE of flight, would not be able to fly nearly as fast as birds. That's why I suggested a demonhunter version of zen-flight for slow flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeoh View Post
    Basically because those animals evolved specifically for high-speed flight, with aerodynamic bodies and hollow bones, that kind of thing. A humanoid with wings on his back, while possibly CAPABLE of flight, would not be able to fly nearly as fast as birds. That's why I suggested a demonhunter version of zen-flight for slow flying.
    are we talking about one and the same gryphons? they have no right to fly under any circumstances if we consider real life physics. dragons? even more so. there is nothing aerodynamic no hollow bone about these guys. you know, the thing is that demon hunters also evolve while eating souls of demons, aaaaalsoooooo they can you know enhance their wings flight with fel, just like vengeance demon hunter form is gliding by propelling itsef with magixxxxxx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felbats do not make their own wings obselete. In fact it would be aaa sooooper cool alternative. They can very well add some short quest where you strengthen your wings by consuming xxxxxx souls of felbats or something. WOULD BE EPIC

ah and you know, good ideas deserv some linkage :-PPPP
    But bad ideas like yours deserve to die quietly in the dark, alone and forgotten.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    But bad ideas like yours deserve to die quietly in the dark, alone and forgotten.
    it is a great idea. I don't know what level of hipsterism one needs to display to argue against functional wings. People on the forums use word edgy very often, I think it must be one of these cases. some super edgy weirdness. Or maybe it is just players of other clases come here and moan det they won't get a lolipop. I have no idea, rally, and I mean it honestly, why would anyone be against it.

the same goes for twinblades as more brutal, sturdy form of glaives

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Monks get Zen Flight but Demon Hunters cannot get Wing Flight. #BlizzardLogic
    You know, that would be a good compromise.

Don't give DH high speed flight. Just give them something like the monk shitty 160% Zen Cloud. It would still be cool without being over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is a great idea. I don't know what level of hipsterism one needs to display to argue against functional wings. People on the forums use word edgy very often, I think it must be one of these cases. some super edgy weirdness. Or maybe it is just players of other clases come here and moan det they won't get a lolipop. I have no idea, rally, and I mean it honestly, why would anyone be against it.

the same goes for twinblades as more brutal, sturdy form of glaives
    You don't know what edgy means if that's how you're using the word. I suggest you look up what it means, then you might understand why diehard Illidan fans tend to be edgelords.

I don't need to display any amount of hipsterism to say I think that full-flight capable wings would look stupid - they'd look stupid afaic. They also don't fit into the lore, which is convenient for me because I think they're dumb. Your wings are already functional - they let you glide.

You're just arguing for your own headcanon. Some people agree with you. Some people think its a shit idea. Get over it, accept that it's not objective, and move on. Blizzard has already decided that you're not getting functional wings.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You don't know what edgy means if that's how you're using the word. I suggest you look up what it means, then you might understand why diehard Illidan fans tend to be edgelords.

I don't need to display any amount of hipsterism to say I think that full-flight capable wings would look stupid - they'd look stupid afaic. They also don't fit into the lore, which is convenient for me because I think they're dumb. Your wings are already functional - they let you glide.

You're just arguing for your own headcanon. Some people agree with you. Some people think its a shit idea. Get over it, accept that it's not objective, and move on. Blizzard has already decided that you're not getting functional wings.
    how they don't fit in the lore? during mardum quest you eat demons and learn new powers. you can eat big flying demon and get its wings. you are almost like a zerg, assimilate and move on.

it is official lore.

The idea of actual flight with class wings always appealed to me. I really hope they introduce it at some point, although from a logical and realistical standpoint, the controversies detailed in the thread do make sense.

I have just caught up with all the blue poster news. I'm veeeeery much dissapointed that they do not plan to give us wings mount even when flying will be available.

I think, probably just like many of you, us, that it would be actually amazing to be able to do it. It fits class fantasy and what is mor eimportant

IT IS JUST SUUUUUCH A COOL FEATURE

don't forget to look here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ives-good-idea - more variety is always good!
    1. so what would vengence dh do? they dont get wings... only havoc
    2. no it doesent really, illidan can only fly for a short time, it requires alot of energy cause well not made for flying :P
    3. dont be a douche, dont self advertise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    2. no it doesent really, illidan can only fly for a short time, it requires alot of energy cause well not made for flying :P
    3. dont be a douche, dont self advertise
    1. by wings flying mount I mean the ordinary wings you spread during glide. Vengeance demon hunters have them. They only don't have wings during metamorphosis
    2. Illidan is Illidan and we are well, ourselves. Whether Illidan focused on his wings or not is a different subject. We are not him, we do not look like him, we have bodies changed by the fel in different ways. What we know is that dh get demons power after they eat them, all it takes is a good meal to make wings operate better. the moral is: eat well demon hunter-kun. genki dayo
    3. Self promotion is the best promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanaXVIII View Post
    Don't give DH high speed flight. Just give them something like the monk shitty 160% Zen Cloud. It would still be cool without being over the top.
    Agreed. A flavor ability.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Vengeance still has Glide and uses the wings. While in Metamorphosis, they glow green and glide without wings (looks weird).