Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What will legion do better than wod?

I made a similar thread before but it got locked because i though ptr was the beta and they though that i was a troll but i wasnt , it was a mistake on my part , im very interested to hear opinions from those who played the beta and read news everyday about legion development , its very important for me to get solid answers and see if its worth to give 55e for this game.

So what i know so far is about mythic weapons , demon hunter class , class halls , some changes about classes kai pvp and the new region ofc , similar elements were presented on wod aswell and they dont convince me , we all know wod didnt go so well. I dont plan to play demon hunter and i couldnt care less about a mythic weapon , im mostly interested at raid content , i dont like to raid once or twice then go afk for a week , i want to have stuff to do , im also interested at game mechanics , world pvp , new interesting modes , arena changes maybe?

So why legion will do better than wod?

But really yeah, basically everything. The leveling experience is more fun, the story while some parts feel a little out of nowhere do still feel coherent at the end, the world quests are a nice way to keep us coming back every day and not just going to one area a day for a single quest like WoD, they seem to have learned their lesson that they rushed WoD's story too much and didn't add enough content.

10 dungeons vs 8

1000+ world quests vs 7 Apexis quests

5 endgame zones vs 1 endgame zone

Class specific questlines vs one garrison questline

Revamped pvp system and 2 new arenas vs 1 bad pvp zone

Artifact weapons are a major grind, something you will have to put a LOT of time into. It is one of the first features in a long time that gives you a reason to log in every day and do all types of content.

Class halls area more like persistent quest hubs than garrisons

Now to your specifics

There are plenty of pvp world quests that encourage open world pvp
    "raid once or twice a week" to me that means at most you do normal, try amping it up and join a heroic raiding guild.

17 bosses at tier 1 vs 17 bosses at WoDs release

one mini raid coming in the fall, so extra raid content.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    10 dungeons vs 8

1000+ world quests vs 7 Apexis quests

5 endgame zones vs 1 endgame zone

Class specific questlines vs one garrison questline

Revamped pvp system and 2 new arenas vs 1 bad pvp zone

Artifact weapons are a major grind, something you will have to put a LOT of time into. It is one of the first features in a long time that gives you a reason to log in every day and do all types of content.

Class halls area more like persistent quest hubs than garrisons

Now to your specifics

There are plenty of pvp world quests that encourage open world pvp
    "raid once or twice a week" to me that means at most you do normal, try amping it up and join a heroic raiding guild.

17 bosses at tier 1 vs 17 bosses at WoDs release

one mini raid coming in the fall, so extra raid content.
    ALl this plus:

-Scaled rewards: No matter what ilvl you have you will always wanna do World Quests and will feel rewarding
    -Professions dont have limited 3 equipped
    -Meaningful small group content (Mythic plus) for a small group of friends that dont wanna raid but are skilled enough to get high end gear via Mythic plus.
    -LFR drop tier gear again
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything.

OK, everything EXCEPT it won't be better at being the worst expansion ever.

Lore, I think.

WoD was a mess lorewise:
    Time travel turns into visiting an alternate universe
    Thrall & Garry
    Ogrim's HeelFace turn
    Grom's genocidal campaign is unaddressed
    Demons apparently can exist in multiple universes?
    ultimately the entirety of the expansion in no way affected the main universe aside from Gul'dan coming back.

Legion continues lore story points such as:
    What the scourge has been up to since the end of WotLK
    What the demons and demon hunters have been up to since TBC
    What a lot of vanilla characters have been up to since Cata
    Even what the pandas have been up to since MoP
    Lorewise, this expansion is like Cata in that it continues a lot of hanging lore threads (hopefully it no character gets Deathwing's treatment, though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I made a similar thread before but it got locked because i though ptr was the beta and they though that i was a troll but i wasnt , it was a mistake on my part , im very interested to hear opinions from those who played the beta and read news everyday about legion development , its very important for me to get solid answers and see if its worth to give 55e for this game.

So what i know so far is about mythic weapons , demon hunter class , class halls , some changes about classes kai pvp and the new region ofc , similar elements were presented on wod aswell and they dont convince me , we all know wod didnt go so well. I dont plan to play demon hunter and i couldnt care less about a mythic weapon , im mostly interested at raid content , i dont like to raid once or twice then go afk for a week , i want to have stuff to do , im also interested at game mechanics , world pvp , new interesting modes , arena changes maybe?

So why legion will do better than wod?

it will make the community even smaller.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    ALl this plus:

-Scaled rewards: No matter what ilvl you have you will always wanna do World Quests and will feel rewarding
    -Professions dont have limited 3 equipped
    -Meaningful small group content (Mythic plus) for a small group of friends that dont wanna raid but are skilled enough to get high end gear via Mythic plus.
    -LFR drop tier gear again
    I don't understand, you can have let's say 5 professions on one char? bs jc skinning tailor mining etc etc?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post

But really yeah, basically everything. The leveling experience is more fun, the story while some parts feel a little out of nowhere do still feel coherent at the end, the world quests are a nice way to keep us coming back every day and not just going to one area a day for a single quest like WoD, they seem to have learned their lesson that they rushed WoD's story too much and didn't add enough content.
    ... Damn, here I was gonna use the GIF... O well, it's still the only answer really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    I don't understand, you can have let's say 5 professions on one char? bs jc skinning tailor mining etc etc?
    .... For fuck sake. No, that's not at all what he's saying. What he is saying is, that you can now have more than 3 crafted items equipped, unlike now.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Damn, here I was gonna use the GIF... O well, it's still the only answer really.

- - - Updated - - -

.... For fuck sake. No, that's not at all what he's saying. What he is saying is, that you can now have more than 3 crafted items equipped, unlike now.
    :-( you are very aggressive

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    :-( you are very aggressive
    Hm, sorry. It's late, it's been a long day, and I just thought it was overly obvious what he meant, since that was what he litterally had typed.

Deleted
    Hm, sorry. It's late, it's been a long day, and I just thought it was overly obvious what he meant, since that was what he litterally had typed.
    I have misunderstood. I didn't even think about crafted items. ok, no problem

Better question would have been what did wod do better than legion ...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Better question would have been what did wod do better than legion ...
    ... That question doesn't make any sense.

Interesting answers , it looks promising , can someone explain the 5 man raiding? will some raids be available for party size?

I dont like the fact that a lot of this content is associated with daily quests or at least thats what i gather from posts , it seems like people compare legion to mop , mop had indeed tons of dailies but you can hardly call this content *fun* despite this i start to like the mythic weapon grind idea , it looks like a decent idea to keep you occupied and active.

Deleted

i was thinking in that gif

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Interesting answers , it looks promising , can someone explain the 5 man raiding? will some raids be available for party size?

I dont like the fact that a lot of this content is associated with daily quests or at least thats what i gather from posts , it seems like people compare legion to mop , mop had indeed tons of dailies but you can hardly call this content *fun* despite this i start to like the mythic weapon grind idea , it looks like a decent idea to keep you occupied and active.
    No such thing ad 5m raiding, MoP didn't have a ton og dailies, and yes they were fun, Especially compared to staring at your garrison Table.

came in to see this gif. wasn't dissappointed.

10+ Year Old Account

You stole my idea!! even had the same GIF lined up.

No such thing ad 5m raiding, MoP didn't have a ton og dailies, and yes they were fun, Especially compared to staring at your garrison Table.
    The revamped karazhan for Legion will mythic only at launch of 7.1 and have many more bosses than the average dungeon. The Deva described it as being "like a 5 man raid".