Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Yeah, those radars and whatnot aren't necessary at all. It's good that bad players will be punished.

All I really need are timers for boss abilities. Otherwise I'd have to track that manually, which while possible is a massive pain.
    I vote for removing timers, too.

L2stopwatch! Only bad players can't keep a mental countdown while avoiding large, green feet trying to stomp them.

See? I can make silly claims too. Bosses are tuned around such a level of min-maxing when they are launched that even running just 1 yard too much will be too much of a dps / healing loss to make the enrage...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    WoW blizzard comes up as fucking retards. If you're going to lie about Zoom, stick to the fucking lie and don't change it. bunch of Fucking inbreds.

Does the zoom which you have to activate outside the slider come with patch 7.1 or is it already in the game?
    /console cameradistancemaxfactor 2.6

Or install maxcam to make your life much easier.
    Last edited by Syenite; 2016-08-22 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    ... and just brings casual trash into mmos where they don't belong.
    Yep! This game should belong to the elitist jerks like you. /sarcasm off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
    I really don't think you guys get the true extent of what they are breaking here. They aren't just breaking fancy lines and arrows. They are literally reverting the range checker back to the BC range checker. No radar, no dots. Just a list of names that are 10, 11, 15 or 28 yards away. There is no range 5 or range 6 anymore. it's inspect range, interact range, bandage range, type hacks. and yes those range checkers were hacks at best. Not very accurate and certainly not very customizable. Have to spread out 20 people with range 6? sorry not gonna happen anymore have to use range 10 even though it's much larger than actual requirement because range 6 requires unit positions.

Do you like spam? no, well too bad. Can't check unit positions, don't know if you're on the boat, or the platform. Mogu side or mantid? top of galakras tower or on road. etc. Can't check position, filters are GONE. Can't use smart location checks to go "this player only needs to know what's going on for boat". Now, timers and warnings for ALL yay!.

Their fix is stupid and not well thought out. if they wanted to break arrows and stuff they could have just broke something else like detecting player facing/angle, not breaking unit position checks. This is going to have side effects that are really dumb and a huge step backwards.
    Great post!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I have a few ideas for how the pointer could have been abused / can be abused. A lot of coordination could be done behind the scenes that'd make a very unfair playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Haha, love how they just straight backpedaled on the token situation after all the uproar they got this weekend when it was announced they were dropping it in Legion.
    They were never dropping it, just people to stupid to realize their were 2 seperate ways it was dropping & started a massive shit storm without full context. Not surprising though, it is just like this whole range situation. The only thing being broken is the range checker inside instances & everything else will be working like usual.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2016-08-22 at 07:53 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedis View Post
    Ya, try doing Mythic Archi without a HUD for the Wroughts and Shackles. They've designed too many of these boss fights, particularly mythics, under the assumption that people have access to these position trackers. It's going to be chaos without them.
    Wouldn't be as hard as you think it is.. for shackles especially, you just move as a group always.

For Wrought Chaos you'd have to work on positioning properly the group.

The addons were really not needed, but it would have required more coordination.

Malice from Garrosh however.. not so sure about that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    "The new Karazhan is definitely not just updating the old boss numbers. There will be some cool stuff that will blow people's minds, genuinely getting hyped!"

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!! chooo chooo!
    Call me crazy, or maybe I was tired when I heard it on the stream, but I am quite sure Ion said "JAINAuinly getting hyped"

As in hinting something about Jaina Proudmoore.

Hmmm.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Well I think that they will have to make less mechanics that require proper positioning otherwise 90% of casual guild will be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    WoW blizzard comes up as fucking retards. If you're going to lie about Zoom, stick to the fucking lie and don't change it. bunch of Fucking inbreds.

Does the zoom which you have to activate outside the slider come with patch 7.1 or is it already in the game?
    lol? pretty sure they never addressed the issue until the inteview

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Does anybody know how/if the range changes will effect vuhdo/healbot etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P Treasure Goblins being cut like the Dance Studio was.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Will this affect the Archy mod?
    This kills every mod that can tell where any thing is positioned. The way to look at it is addons are now blind to where anything is positioned in the world for dungeons and raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    the camera zoom explanations were basically all garbage
    Come on man, they were perfectly fine. THE DETAILS ON THE STAIRS, MAN. If the step is chest high to compensate, it destroys the entire world. WoW comes to an end with chest high steps.
    Last edited by Millie; 2016-08-22 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elonu View Post
    Does anybody know how/if the range changes will effect vuhdo/healbot etc?
    Yep, it's screwed. Basically we're going back to the TBC range checking system where there are built small set of ranges you're allowed to check for. Like 27 yards, 16 yards, 8, 3, etc. The range of things like Inspecting and Bandages. Your addons can now only check those ranges, they can't get exact range. So now say for instance you want to check if a player is 30 yards away for a 30 yard range spell.

No bueno, you can only check if they are 27 yards, so you'll either not get a range check at all, or the creator will decide to say "Sure, he's within 30 yards" if he's within 27 so you're actually up to 3 yards closer than you need to be by the time the bar highlights. This could cause unexpected deaths because a dying player could be 29 yards away, within range, but you think he's out of range because the addon says he's too far away since he's past the 27 yards it can check for.

Have fun when a boss requires everyone to spread out 10 yards from each other but your addon can only know if someone is within 7 yards and can't display position so you just get a text list of people within 7 yards. You then have to read their name, look at your screen and see where they are standing and move until they drop out of your range list (all within the few seconds before the boss does his spell), turns out they're only 8 yards away now (just past the range check distance of 7 yards) but that's still too close for the boss mechanic, boom you're dead.

If you raided Gruul in TBC you'll remember this little bastard of a range checker that hardly helped at all.

Well he's back, because they've essentially just rolled back addon unitPosition logic 10 years and put us back in TBC.

Also don't drink their koolaid on how they can now design fights around not needing them. Legion raids are full to the brim of these mechanics that beg for radar HUDs. In fact most feedback threads during beta test raid weekends were people asking for addon updates because it's way too much to keep track of without.

If they really cared about drawing arrows and whatever they would have broken the GetPlayerFacing command which would have made drawing arrows to positions and knowing exactly where a unit was impossible but left alone the ability to check exact range from a target.
    Last edited by Assumi; 2016-08-23 at 12:13 AM.

Look at all the fanboys defending them. Before the next expansion I guarantee you all addons will be broken. They're trying to dumb the game down to shit, removing customization, dumbing down classes. This is the road they're on. They are just messing with cameras and certain addons right now, but dbm will be next and then all addon support will be removed. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Look at all the fanboys defending them. Before the next expansion I guarantee you all addons will be broken. They're trying to dumb the game down to shit, removing customization, dumbing down classes. This is the road they're on. They are just messing with cameras and certain addons right now, but dbm will be next and then all addon support will be removed. Mark my words.
    You say fanboy but here you are joining the bandwagon. Ironic

I'd hardly call it removing customization when every single raiding guild that has any idea what they're doing will require all raiders to have those add-ons. And removing add-ons that make certain mechanics trivial is hardly what I would call "dumbing things down"

OT: I really wish they would just revert the camera back to the way it used to be. They keep changing their position on it and it almost seems like they don't know what their goal is anymore.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    You say fanboy but here you are joining the bandwagon. Ironic

I'd hardly call it removing customization when every single raiding guild that has any idea what they're doing will require all raiders to have those add-ons. And removing add-ons that make certain mechanics trivial is hardly what I would call "dumbing things down"

OT: I really wish they would just revert the camera back to the way it used to be. They keep changing their position on it and it almost seems like they don't know what their goal is anymore.
    Addons give the game depth. If they remove all addons it dumbs the game down to a simpler state. Something an idiot could handle who is a new player getting overwhelmed by zoom macros and robust character stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Yep, it's screwed. Basically we're going back to the TBC range checking system where there are built small set of ranges you're allowed to check for. Like 27 yards, 16 yards, 8, 3, etc. The range of things like Inspecting and Bandages. Your addons can now only check those ranges, they can't get exact range. So now say for instance you want to check if a player is 30 yards away for a 30 yard range spell.

No bueno, you can only check if they are 27 yards, so you'll either not get a range check at all, or the creator will decide to say "Sure, he's within 30 yards" if he's within 27 so you're actually up to 3 yards closer than you need to be by the time the bar highlights. This could cause unexpected deaths because a dying player could be 29 yards away, within range, but you think he's out of range because the addon says he's too far away since he's past the 27 yards it can check for.

Have fun when a boss requires everyone to spread out 10 yards from each other but your addon can only know if someone is within 7 yards and can't display position so you just get a text list of people within 7 yards. You then have to read their name, look at your screen and see where they are standing and move until they drop out of your range list (all within the few seconds before the boss does his spell), turns out they're only 8 yards away now (just past the range check distance of 7 yards) but that's still too close for the boss mechanic, boom you're dead.

If you raided Gruul in TBC you'll remember this little bastard of a range checker that hardly helped at all.

Well he's back, because they've essentially just rolled back addon unitPosition logic 10 years and put us back in TBC.

Also don't drink their koolaid on how they can now design fights around not needing them. Legion raids are full to the brim of these mechanics that beg for radar HUDs. In fact most feedback threads during beta test raid weekends were people asking for addon updates because it's way too much to keep track of without.

If they really cared about drawing arrows and whatever they would have broken the GetPlayerFacing command which would have made drawing arrows to positions and knowing exactly where a unit was impossible but left alone the ability to check exact range from a target.
    Where are you getting information on which APIs are changing? I saw MysticalOS also posted regarding this but I thought these changes were not on PTR yet? If you have datamined the API changes please provide a link, thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    You missed this. They're saying Runes won't force you, but the small chance of gear upgrades will.

//reading comprehension//
    No it wont, if you already do mythic then once the gear race is over you wont give a flying f about lfr titanforge chance, maybe one or two will but not a majority. I really cannot see that happening. What I can see happening is that if you're a serious raider you will want to do LFR or AH your way to runes until they implement a permanent reputation based one. As Ion said in some interview, and I paraphrase, 'you might see one or two lfr raiders with a mythic ilvl piece, but it wont ever be like those who actually raid mythic and are fully decked' thus if you are fully decked, which does not take very long time (not bis, just decked) you wont have any reason to go into lfr, unless you want a derp % chance to maybe get that odd trinket?!

The best compromise I could do with your statement would be serious raiders doing LFR for runes, with a off chance of getting a new piece of loot, but never as the main reason.

Regarding my reading comprehension, aren't we all talking out of our asses here? It seems more like you're annoyed I'm not agreeing with you.
    Last edited by mmoc95544e94a1; 2016-08-31 at 08:31 PM. Reason: noqoute

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    How would this make Legion worse? If anything it would make it better. No need for dumb addons to hold a players hand, and people who are good enough to play without those addons will get properly rewarded.
    people who are good enough to play without those addons will get properly rewarded?

No they wont. they will have to deal with all the sh!t players out there -.-

This game is just disapointing me at the moment from a gear perspective.
    I look forward to what my new PR lvl 7 mythic reward chest item will be, its an item 5ilvl higher than the one I got in heroic EN yesterday.
    I look forward to world boss drop. Finally get loot - stats suck but its an ilvl upgrade. Add to bottom of bag to inflate my ilvl.