Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Sorry, I stopped for Coffee and Bagles and ran into an old friend
    Pf, lazy excuses, you learn quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more important question: will more Danishes make you happier at work?

As for the original post, the Danes need to catch up if they've just begun to figure this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kar%C5%8Dshi
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Work sucks, everybody knows this.

Don't buy the "do what you love and the money will come!!" 18yr olds.
    I loved mechanical engineering... after a master in robotics and nanotechnology and now studying automatics and applied informatics as a 2nd uni while looking for a phd subject I enjoy(meaningless in terms of employment here either way) I can say that maybe 18 year olds should like more practical stuff.

Deleted
    So women should stay in their natural habitat, the kitchen?

People live longer than ever before, and a productive, wealthy society is the reason for that. So this is a non issue.

The Danes looking for any excuse they can get to not work
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

They needed a study to tell them this? They've never observed people with multiple or stressful jobs? Did they think overtime and double shifts are fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    ...You're hypbole of Corporation above all else, is just as bad as the ones who might actually say it. Folks needs to stop arguing around the fringe extreme groups.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Orwell was of course right, since you'll be instantly classified into a "fringe extreme group" if you point out the quite obvious yet disgusting facts about the corporatized world we now inhabit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not surprising. I literally worked myself sick at one point. So sick, I had to step away from work altogether for a few years.
    While I understand, I'm going to point out that outside of going to jail, living in a home, or having family/friends capable of supporting you, taking a sabbatical is not a reasonable option for most people.

@OP I'd like to think it's obvious that more work=more stress=lower health. But everyone handles stress differently, everyone hits their "breaking point" at a different point, so unfortunately no matter how much this is true, there's no good way to reasonably apply it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Orwell was of course right, since you'll be instantly classified into a "fringe extreme group" if you point out the quite obvious yet disgusting facts about the corporatized world we now inhabit.
    Or, maybe they are just fear mongering Extremist. Unless one hits the lottery, we're all going to work until we die. That's pretty much how it has been for man since day 1. I, myself, haven't seen anyone here in the forums say "CORPORATION SUCCESS ABOVE ALL!" and if they did I'd call them an Extreme Fringe group, because I'm willing to bet the majority of people who understand and accept that we'll all be working til we die, don't believe putting the corporation above ourselves\Families. We all have to find what works for us, Sometimes that means stepping away from the big bucks jobs, selling the house and moving to some place more affordable and living a simplier life.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Plants don't need electrolytes, bro.
    What do you use for your plants? Water...like from the toilet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    If you were a plant you'd be a lot nicer.
    Opposed to who? You, who is just making rude comments in a vain attempt to seem smart.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Or, maybe they are just fear mongering Extremist. Unless one hits the lottery, we're all going to work until we die. That's pretty much how it has been for man since day 1. I, myself, haven't seen anyone here in the forums say "CORPORATION SUCCESS ABOVE ALL!" and if they did I'd call them an Extreme Fringe group, because I'm willing to bet the majority of people who understand and accept that we'll all be working til we die, don't believe putting the corporation above ourselves\Families. We all have to find what works for us, Sometimes that means stepping away from the big bucks jobs, selling the house and moving to some place more affordable and living a simplier life.
    And who should work until they die, anyway? Most people want to retire somewhere in their 60s and not live on cat food with a thermostat set on barely above their pipes freezing in the winter.

Working all of your normal working adult life (not until you die) shouldn't mean average execs wages at typical U.S. corporations is 300-400 times more than their average employee's wage, and other such vast inequality, when they got by just fine at 30x their employee's wage in the 1950's for example. At the same time, many execs don't have to work anywhere near until they die but can retire to Tahiti in their 30s or 40s, maybe younger, with a yacht and a couple of homes elsewhere.

Japanese men often die because of work, they even have a name for overwork. I can't see it happening in the West though, unless it's a business owner or something, you tend to work harder if it's your own.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Excessive stress kills, shocker.

Someone has to work to pay for all the Bernie bros benefits they want, not everyone can sit on their ass smoking weed all day.

I've worked plenty of different jobs, ended up in retail management the last few years. Pays well enough, but holy hell is there a lot to do and shit rolling down hill from corperate.

Despite that, I'm relatively stress free at work. It's all about your mindset, if you go into work stressing out before you get there, you already lost. If you go in with a positive attitude, do all that you can do and be content with it, then you'll leave in a good mood.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    The worst part is the lack of sleep...fucks up your whole day.

We need a robot workforce so we can do what we want. So we at least have a happy decade before Skynet terminates us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I've worked plenty of different jobs, ended up in retail management the last few years. Pays well enough, but holy hell is there a lot to do and shit rolling down hill from corperate.

Despite that, I'm relatively stress free at work. It's all about your mindset, if you go into work stressing out before you get there, you already lost. If you go in with a positive attitude, do all that you can do and be content with it, then you'll leave in a good mood.
    That works only if u live alone n have no hobbies so don't mind going to bed early because you have no reason to stay up anyways. Some people r just happy with watching some dumb sitcom on TV n call it a day.

I would love to pay the house off and then relax and work 20 hours a week and enjoy life.

Fuck working 40 to 50 hours a week until you die. No way
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    And who should work until they die, anyway? Most people want to retire somewhere in their 60s and not live on cat food with a thermostat set on barely above their pipes freezing in the winter.

Working all of your normal working adult life (not until you die) shouldn't mean average execs wages at typical U.S. corporations is 300-400 times more than their average employee's wage, and other such vast inequality, when they got by just fine at 30x their employee's wage in the 1950's for example. At the same time, many execs don't have to work anywhere near until they die but can retire to Tahiti in their 30s or 40s, maybe younger, with a yacht and a couple of homes elsewhere.
    You're arguing on extremes. There are those that worked a decent job their whole life, but failed to take any retirement planning actions. They believe that the Govt was going to take car of them and they would have plenty of money to keep living like they wanted, that's just bad thinking. Greece had a great system, but it wasn't a sustainable one and now look where they are.

I can't live and plan my life around what some corporate monkey is going to make and how early they gets to retire. There has always been those who are richer than the majority of others. Maybe we'll some day reach some perfect Utopia were we all have equal stuff. Or global warming made lead to dire events and we're back to living like cavemen

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this really a breakthrough? Stress is never a healthy thing. I been working retail and management for years, I am 33 and I started going gray at 29 lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The whole idea of excessive desire to be "productive", sleeping only a few hour and not "wasting time" was put forward by capitalists post-50s in order to trick poor souls to work even harder. They were mostly successful. People started to wake up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The whole idea of excessive desire to be "productive", sleeping only a few hour and not "wasting time" was put forward by capitalists post-50s in order to trick poor souls to work even harder. They were mostly successful. We've slowly started to wake up.
    Do you have ANY source, on this? Or are you just pretaining to your usual practice of spewing Bullshit that you believe, measuring it's correctness with your degree of Zeal?