Poll: How do you feel about "Hidden" Artifact abilities?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Come on fuck the balance already, let's have some fun! Let's roll the dice!

I'm fucking dead serious here. We've had over TEN YEARS of "balance", and I think as loyal fans we earned a little bit of a fun...And no, it's not fun at somebody's expense (inb4 waah waah world pvp), errybody will have fun!

I'm fucking sick of balance, let's have some perfect imbalance; rogues oneshooting cloth, mages destroying warriors, hunters destroying warriors (poor warriors) and I don't mean this in a waah waah vanilla server way, I mean it in a it'll be so fucking fun for errrrybody way!

Sorry I just had to get this off my chest. /dropmic
    I support this 90%-heartedly.

they have removed way too much fun for the sake of "balance"
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Let us remember that duels are the most serious of business.
    Let us remember its still pvp, and to read the parts in posts that are inside the ()

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    no, definitely not.
    that would be terrible.
    That's pretty much how DAoC worked and it's arguably the best PvP MMO ever made.
    There were imbalances, and these imbalances made the game balanced as a whole. Rogue > Mage, Warrior > Rogue, Mage > Warrior. To homogenize and balance PvP around 1v1 is what makes PvP shit outside of dueling.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That might be the coolest fucking thing I ever heard...

Sort of like your own personal Puzzle Box.
    It's also voiced. Don't know if that was mentioned.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, but at the same time a bit saddened that I've yet to encounter a hidden effect for my specs of choice.

I think it's cool but at the same time know kinda mute. I mean it's only a matter of time until they are all know anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I can just imagine a shadow priest and a demo lock adventuring together; their weapons constantly at each other's throats (and the dagger making a snarky comment to the demo skull that he no longer has a throat). The spriest dagger in particular is absolutely awesome and gives you a ton of new lore.
    Particularly it gives you a viewpoint we haven't really seen so far.

Though its apparent allegiances are... curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I think it's cool but at the same time know kinda mute. I mean it's only a matter of time until they are all know anyway.
    Mute = can't talk, silenced, moot = doesn't matter anymore.

The awesome part here is that it actually gives context sensitive voice clips. So mute really doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I wouldn't say they're awesome, particularly since I need to know a bit more about how they'll impact game balance. I do like the idea of hidden abilities though.
    Balance balance balance... THIS is what's killing the game! Everything being revealed, everything being homogenized in favor of BALANCE.

On topic: No matter what ability each spec gets, having hidden abilities is awesome.
    Last edited by Ashkiman; 2016-08-22 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Balance balance balance... THIS is what's killing the game! Everything being revealed, everything being homogenized in favor of BALANCE.

On topic: No matter what ability each spec gets, having hidden abilities is awesome.
    Guess what?

The Devs balanced the game with those abilities in mind.

Behind 'hidden' to players doesn't mean they are imbalanced...

Luhn

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    This is nice and all.. but at some point they'll all be known, and then the point of them being hidden becomes absolutely null. Given the attention it gets, I don't think itll be long before we know all of theise either.

Plus.. a free BR is retardedly OP compared to something purely cosmetic like mobs turning to ash.
    the warrior rez doesn't exactly proc constantly plus you have to kill whatever killed you within 8? seconds or you just die again

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of Hidden abilities in the sense that you have to discover/unlock them.
    I don't like when they remain Hidden after I discover them.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Love it. Dont balance the game's fun around PVP. That branch has its own balance system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I like the idea of Hidden abilities in the sense that you have to discover/unlock them.
    I don't like when they remain Hidden after I discover them.
    Agreed, they should show up in a little list on your artifact menu when you empower it.

Deleted
    Do holy priests sometimes survive after their spirit of redemption as a hidden artifact trait or did I dream that one? Could be cool either way

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    A long matter of time.
    Beta is almost over and we still haven't found them all.
    Nor have we found all the hidden Artifact appearances (how to get them).
    The universe took a long while to form. The abilities will be found. Player base on beta is much smaller than it is on live. More data will flow. Of course I never said it would be the first weekend or anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Do holy priests sometimes survive after their spirit of redemption as a hidden artifact trait or did I dream that one? Could be cool either way
    Holy priest legendary - ten minute cooldown. Actually that is the holy priest "personal cooldown" now....

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That depends on whether the boss counts deaths or just does big hits that will kill anyone. If he does big hits, warrior gets to get hit twice.
    According to your example, boss hits two closest melee. Warrior would be one, you think boss just waits a few seconds to hit the second guy and kill him? People like you are ruining the game. Please for the love of god stop playing. This is a damn game, not the ultimate competition to prove your value in life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You don't get to say "most likely". It's irrelevant. I am illustrating that there are designs which make warrior OP with this ability. That other designs don't make him OP doesn't matter.

And I said that already.

If you want to say that the example won't work as it is written because of the word "sacrifices", replace that word with "hits for 1 billion damage which goes through shields and barriers" - we are talking about how this is coded mechanically.

Can you maybe read and think instead of replying with the first thing that comes to your mind just so you have a reply? Are there scenarios in which this ability is going to be OP? Yes. That's my point.
    Your entire statement is invalid. Maybe you should think instead of trying to be smartass to others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That you can construct a situation in which any one ability is overpowered is meaningless if that situation doesn't happen in the game. Not in the least because for most abilities, it's trivially easy to do so.
    " But imagine if there was a boss where you needed to know the lore of it and only the shadow priest dagger told you that lore, and your whole raid wipes if you don't have the lore info" yes, this is the bullshit arguments of some posters here

So are there no demon hunter hidden artifact abilities or have they just not been found yet?

Do we know anything about DH weapons?

Deleted
    Holy Priest?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartxxor View Post
    Holy Priest?
    As far as I know, no one has found the hidden ability for T'uure yet.